Jo-Ann Fabrics to return to Hanover

Jo-Ann Fabrics to return to Hanover

There are 40 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 1, 2011, titled Jo-Ann Fabrics to return to Hanover. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

This former movie theater at the North Point Plaza on Carlisle Street will be demolished as part of the renovations planned at the former Delco Plaza.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JACK

East Berlin, PA

#1 Mar 1, 2011
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
hmmm

Spring Grove, PA

#2 Mar 1, 2011
JACK wrote:
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
So, you're blaming Hanover? Its the town's fault? Even if it was, its in Penn Township. A property owner owns the property and made a financial decision to demolish it. Someone owns it and they have a right to make their own decision. Even the discount theater didn't survive there, so it sounds like a good idea. The strip was decaying anyway, I'm glad to see they are investing in that site, as well as the owner of the building across from the Clearview Center. Less decay, more clean modern shopping space.

At least its creating jobs, helping the economy and cleaning up the area. Now if someone would just buy the old Hot and Now site. Maybe you feel that should stay vacant for another 15 years too.
what I think

Hanover, PA

#3 Mar 2, 2011
JACK wrote:
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
So Jack stands for Jack a$$? Why would it be "Hanover's fault" if a franchise wants their own trade mark style store? Spend your time taking a business class before you right dumb stuff.
AEsworthy

Shelby, OH

#4 Mar 2, 2011
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're blaming Hanover? Its the town's fault? Even if it was, its in Penn Township. A property owner owns the property and made a financial decision to demolish it. Someone owns it and they have a right to make their own decision. Even the discount theater didn't survive there, so it sounds like a good idea. The strip was decaying anyway, I'm glad to see they are investing in that site, as well as the owner of the building across from the Clearview Center. Less decay, more clean modern shopping space.
At least its creating jobs, helping the economy and cleaning up the area. Now if someone would just buy the old Hot and Now site. Maybe you feel that should stay vacant for another 15 years too.
I agree the Hot and Now is an eyesore that does need to be demolished. It's truly not enough space there for a restaurant.
Lulu

York, PA

#5 Mar 2, 2011
Forget who's fault it is, this area needs a fabric store, that is the whole point of the article.
hanovergirl

Allen, TX

#6 Mar 2, 2011
AEsworthy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the Hot and Now is an eyesore that does need to be demolished. It's truly not enough space there for a restaurant.
I agree with you - that Hot and Now has been an eyesore since they closed down. It's great that Hanover is finally getting a nice fabric store back and it's a blessing that Pizza Hut is moving across the street. There was so much conjestion at that intersection with them being right there at that red light and getting in and out on the Carlisle St. entrance was very difficult. They'll be at a better location, easier access and more parking. This makes a heck of a lot more sense than the useless parking area by the library!!!!!!!!!
just saying

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Mar 2, 2011
JACK wrote:
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
because the bldg was not being used and u cant take a movie theatre and turn it into anything else then a movie theatre without tearing it down...
and it never made a go of it as a theatre
just saying

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Mar 2, 2011
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're blaming Hanover? Its the town's fault? Even if it was, its in Penn Township. A property owner owns the property and made a financial decision to demolish it. Someone owns it and they have a right to make their own decision. Even the discount theater didn't survive there, so it sounds like a good idea. The strip was decaying anyway, I'm glad to see they are investing in that site, as well as the owner of the building across from the Clearview Center. Less decay, more clean modern shopping space.
At least its creating jobs, helping the economy and cleaning up the area. Now if someone would just buy the old Hot and Now site. Maybe you feel that should stay vacant for another 15 years too.
good post.....and yes something needs to be done with that site too......
Hollywood five

Hanover, PA

#9 Mar 2, 2011
If a proberty owner has weeds above a certain size, they get a notice but that Hot and Now has been an eyesore for years. Something needs to be done with it. Room for another DRIVE THRU BANK, MAYBE????? Why is it that Hanover needs so many banks but they won't make loans anyway????

Fabric store is wonderful, I've missed them since they left. That strip mall has been in bad need of repair for along time, it's good the owner is goiing to build another one which will attract more people.

Jack you should take up sewing or crafting and forget about writing nasty articles.
just saying

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Mar 2, 2011
yes the idea of hanover being revamped makes me very happy...and the fact that the pizza hut is moving is wonderful that is a horrible location to get in and out of...and the bldg is old ......yeah hanover....lets keep growing and improving.
just saying

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Mar 2, 2011
Hollywood five wrote:
If a proberty owner has weeds above a certain size, they get a notice but that Hot and Now has been an eyesore for years. Something needs to be done with it. Room for another DRIVE THRU BANK, MAYBE????? Why is it that Hanover needs so many banks but they won't make loans anyway????
Fabric store is wonderful, I've missed them since they left. That strip mall has been in bad need of repair for along time, it's good the owner is goiing to build another one which will attract more people.
Jack you should take up sewing or crafting and forget about writing nasty articles.
yeah i agree we do not need another bank....how much money do they think hanover has anyway???/
Johnson

Hanover, PA

#12 Mar 2, 2011
JACK wrote:
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
Stupid Hanover? If you are so glad you left then why are you concerned with what "stupid Hanover" is doing?
not surprised

United States

#13 Mar 2, 2011
JACK wrote:
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
Were all glad you don't live in Hanover any more.
Hanoverian

Rockville, MD

#14 Mar 2, 2011
I'm glad to see the Pizza Hut moving and getting a new place (the current one is disgusting), but how can they put a restaurant next door to a pet shop? That doesn't seem very sanitary to me. It's hard to tell from the article but hopefully there will be a few new storefronts in between the Village Pet Shop and the Pizza Hut.
Winch

Landisburg, PA

#15 Mar 2, 2011
JACK wrote:
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
Hey Jack. DUH! Old Pizza Hut is in the way of road construction. You have s--- for brains.
TYVM

Gettysburg, PA

#16 Mar 2, 2011
Good. I am sick of going to Westminster.

Since: Dec 08

United States

#17 Mar 2, 2011
While it is great to hear that the fabric stores are returning to Hanover, I still won't be able to find good quality wool or linen cloth unless I drive to Needle and Thread way past Gettysburg.
LMAO

Carlisle, PA

#18 Mar 2, 2011
Hot & Now had a damn good sandwich called the olive burger!! I miss it!!
crazy

Harrisburg, PA

#19 Mar 2, 2011
If Jo-Ann Fabric couldn't survive in Hanover when the economy was good......
abc

Harrisburg, PA

#20 Mar 2, 2011
JACK wrote:
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
Don't come back..Jacka$$

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Thu Idiots 7,643
News Police investigate attempted robbery, two robbe... Thu Fitius T Bluster 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Apr 8 Cymarron 16
Snyder's Lance - Morrisville NC Mar '18 Pat Connolly 18
Medical Littlestown Community pool Feb '18 Davenport 4
News New stores to Hanover (Dec '10) Jan '18 Bry 126
don't date in this S%I^hole town Jan '18 Jsmith 1

Hanover Jobs

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages