Soldier charged with water torturing ...

Soldier charged with water torturing daughter, 4

There are 53 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Feb 16, 2010, titled Soldier charged with water torturing daughter, 4. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

A Washington state Army sergeant pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a charge he used water torture on his 4-year-old daughter to force her to learn the alphabet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Young and Restless

Chico, CA

#1 Feb 16, 2010
And where was Mom?
to all Schatz haters

Chico, CA

#2 Feb 16, 2010
where are all the first stone throwers with some indignant, self-righteous comments about the water torture of this small child?
SaneChicoan

Marysville, CA

#3 Feb 16, 2010
to all Schatz haters wrote:
where are all the first stone throwers with some indignant, self-righteous comments about the water torture of this small child?
Self righteous? You're damn right I'm self righteous in my belief that killing a child is wrong. What exactly is your problem? Why are you using a terrible event in Washington to justify your defense of ma and pa Schatz?

Btw Einstein, I'm sure local outrage in Washington is substantial. Why do you expect Chico/Paradise people to be as deeply concerned by that crime as they are about a girl who was brutally KILLED in their own community?
Look again

Chico, CA

#4 Feb 16, 2010
SaneChicoan wrote:
<quoted text>
Self righteous? You're damn right I'm self righteous in my belief that killing a child is wrong. What exactly is your problem? Why are you using a terrible event in Washington to justify your defense of ma and pa Schatz?
Btw Einstein, I'm sure local outrage in Washington is substantial. Why do you expect Chico/Paradise people to be as deeply concerned by that crime as they are about a girl who was brutally KILLED in their own community?
Check the ISP's on many of the posts in this forum about the tragedy in Paradise and you will see that people from all over the country are commenting on this tragedy, Einstein! Victimization of children anywhere should concern good people everywhere, unless of course your expression of outrage is phony.
SaneChicoan

Marysville, CA

#5 Feb 16, 2010
Look again wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the ISP's on many of the posts in this forum about the tragedy in Paradise and you will see that people from all over the country are commenting on this tragedy, Einstein! Victimization of children anywhere should concern good people everywhere, unless of course your expression of outrage is phony.
For starters, auto-detected cities/ISPs mean nothing. I'm in downtown Chico and it says Grass Valley, whatever, I'm not a network engineer. Protecting children from abuse is not my full-time job either. I am simply a concerned citizen grieving the death of a child in my community. What is your point?
SoljaBuoy

United States

#6 Feb 16, 2010
Personally i think most people in the military nowadays are crazy. Get rid of our military we no longer need it. and dont give me that tired rhetoric of we are free because of our military its simply not true.
ddd

AOL

#7 Feb 16, 2010
SoljaBuoy wrote:
Personally i think most people in the military nowadays are crazy. Get rid of our military we no longer need it. and dont give me that tired rhetoric of we are free because of our military its simply not true.
That takes the prize for the STUPIDEST comment ever posted on this forum.
Commentator

Chico, CA

#8 Feb 16, 2010
SaneChicoan wrote:
<quoted text>
For starters, auto-detected cities/ISPs mean nothing. I'm in downtown Chico and it says Grass Valley, whatever, I'm not a network engineer. Protecting children from abuse is not my full-time job either. I am simply a concerned citizen grieving the death of a child in my community. What is your point?
There have been some posts where the posters touted the fact that they were from out of state just as their ISP's indicated. While I don't presume to speak for Look Again the point I would make is that the people that are the most venomous posters on this subject, probably have some guilt as to to how they have treated children themselves. Otherwise they would let the law take it's course and if the people are adjudged guilty, then they can unleash. If any of these hate filled posters are called as jurors in this case, for the sake of justice, let's hope they have enough integrity to let the court know how they feel before setting out to hear this case.
SaneChicoan

Marysville, CA

#10 Feb 16, 2010
Commentator wrote:
<quoted text>
...Otherwise they would let the law take it's course and if the people are adjudged guilty, then they can unleash. If any of these hate filled posters are called as jurors in this case, for the sake of justice, let's hope they have enough integrity to let the court know how they feel before setting out to hear this case.
As far as justice is concerned, I'm happy to let the court do its thing. If I have a beef, it's with the growing trend of using freedom of religion as a basis for anti-social and abusive behavior. Fundamentalist extremes aren't any more attractive on a Christian than they are on a Muslim. Both are equally insane, and worthy of our attention as a society.

I don't "hate" anyone. I just believe that the mentally ill ought not be adopting or raising children.
ROFLMAO

Chico, CA

#11 Feb 16, 2010
"Personally i think most people in the military nowadays are crazy. Get rid of our military we no longer need it. and dont give me that tired rhetoric of we are free because of our military its simply not true."

Maybe you should tell that to the families of the 2,740 Americans that died in the September 11 attacks on NY. fricken idiot
gWb

El Paso, TX

#12 Feb 16, 2010
Thank you President Bush.
Ocean View

Pacific Grove, CA

#13 Feb 17, 2010
Young and Restless wrote:
And where was Mom?
And what is the relevance? Four-year-olds can't/shouldn't be left alone with their fathers?(excepting apparently this one.)
Ocean View

Pacific Grove, CA

#14 Feb 17, 2010
There is more to this story, which can be accessed at http://www.komonews.com/news/local/84486612.h...

In part, "the soldier's live-in girlfriend told investigators Tabor beat his 4-year-old daughter. Investigators detained Tabor and coaxed his young daughter out of the bathroom at 2 a.m...

"The girl was covered in bruises from her ears to her legs, according to police. Tabor admitted bruising could have been the result of her child (trying) to fight off her punishment for not reciting the alphabet."

What a sad circumstance for this child. Military style discipline and punishment are completely inappropriate for children, and there appear to be some serious power and control issues with dad. I foresee lots of parenting education classes and supervised visit for this soldier.
Ocean View

Pacific Grove, CA

#15 Feb 17, 2010
gWb wrote:
Thank you President Bush.
Yeah. Thanks a lot. He ignored the "Bin Laden determined to strike inside the U.S." memo, and then sent troops to Iraq after failing to capture Bin Laden. I wonder whose Mission he thought was Accomplished.
disgusted

Hanover, PA

#17 Feb 17, 2010
SoljaBuoy wrote:
what a moron you are...My son is fighting in iraq..My brothers both served and fought in the vietnam war,my father and uncles ,grandfathers and uncles also served our great country and you say they did nothing for our freedom?? You better get a grip and come back to reality little soljabouy... I'm sure you know someone who has served and fought and died for your freedom ..
question

York, PA

#20 Feb 17, 2010
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text> what a moron you are...
Freedom does include the freedom to call people names I suppose.
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>My son is fighting in iraq..My brothers both served and fought in the vietnam war,my father and uncles ,grandfathers and uncles also served our great country and you say they did nothing for our freedom??
I hope your son returns home safely and soon. Thanks to all your family for their service and thanks also to those of you who remained home and supported them.

If you can manage it without insults, would you share with us your opinion as to just what your familiy members' service in the Vietnam War did "for our freedom"? I appreciate their service but I didn't feel any more free after we lost that one than I did before.

Actually insult away if you feel you must. I'm really interested in your thoughts on this question either way. We're still free to courteously ask honest questions about the issues, aren't we?
BURGOS

York, PA

#21 Feb 17, 2010
I say send him to prison and waterboard him while hes being gang raped. Any animal that would treat a child like that is just a sick disgusting pathetic waste of space.
Young and Restless

Chico, CA

#22 Feb 17, 2010
Ocean View wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the relevance? Four-year-olds can't/shouldn't be left alone with their fathers?(excepting apparently this one.)
Fathers like this should not be left alone with their children NO! I'm simply asking where Mom was when he was dipping his child's head in the toilet? I am most certain that the child was screaming for help during this time, NO? Simple question, requesting a simple answer, which no one apparently has.
Ocean View

Pacific Grove, CA

#25 Feb 17, 2010
Lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you give it a rest, numb nuts! This whole ignoring the memo thing is just the latest nonsense used to smear our former President. Clinton didn't need a memo - he knew all about UBL and had multiple chances to get him. Why isn't he to blame? You're a real piece of garbage with all of your rantings about this and that. Stop blaming everyone else for your lack of manhood. If you'd ever fought for this country and your parts were blown clear, I'd have a lot more sympathy for you.
Prior to his first election, Bush was all about accountability in government and responsibility in our personal lives; accountability for teachers to educate, accountability for judges to uphold the law, accountability for spending money wisely. I'm simply holding him accountable for his actions and errors, something which he has declined to address and many others ignore.

Fortunately, the location, type, condition, and use of my genitals are only my concern, but thanks for the interest. Not everything is a measure of testosterone.
Ocean View

Pacific Grove, CA

#26 Feb 17, 2010
Young and Restless wrote:
<quoted text>
Fathers like this should not be left alone with their children NO! I'm simply asking where Mom was when he was dipping his child's head in the toilet? I am most certain that the child was screaming for help during this time, NO? Simple question, requesting a simple answer, which no one apparently has.
The only information from the story at http://www.komonews.com/news/local/84486612.h... is that the mom told the police who were responding to a neighbor's complaint that her boyfriend had beaten her daughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 1 hr Weak ibos gotta go 5,865
News Heroin sentence 12 years (Jun '10) Jun 24 gab 93
Review: Happy Nails Jun 14 Beachgirl 1
Snyder lance May '15 Torts 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May '15 Scott123 10
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr '15 Trista Biddle 23
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages