Dunham's to shut down Hanover store

Full story: Evening Sun

After more than a decade in town, a well-known Hanover sporting goods store is saying goodbye next week.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jan 25, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jack Kovis

Bryans Road, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

good riddance, what a dump, too bad for the employees
Excuse me

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Jack Kovis wrote:
good riddance, what a dump, too bad for the employees
I agree. The last time I was there they had dirty baseball pants. Hopefully the employees won't be out of work for long.
seriously

Taneytown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

I didn't see this coming 3 years ago....bye bye!
cynical realist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

I'm shocked they remained open as long as they did.
Excuse me

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

It is a wonder that they did stay open as long as they did. I hardly ever saw anyone ever going in or out of there. The last time I was there was in the spring.
Monica

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

I figured once Dick's Sporting Goods came to Hanover they would close for sure. I'm really surprised they stayed open that long.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Perhaps they could move into the Hot and Now!
MKD

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

I Started the Fire Storm wrote:
I thought that I was the only one who ever noticed that place!!! Who is even paying for that building to be there??? Tear it down!!!
Jesus the first suicide

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

So Long. Farewell. We won't miss you. The store it stank. The service was also rank. The set up was bad, but what a good run the had. As said I thought they'd be gone a long time ago. Just goes to show the one really never knows.
hercules bonaparte

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

I Started the Fire Storm wrote:
Don't make fun of my house!
local

Randallstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

cynical realist wrote:
I'm shocked they remained open as long as they did.
I agree. I always said that.
they knew

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

I had to take golf clubs back after Christmas, and the employee couldn't stop eating her candy to wait on me. She was talking with her mouth fill and candy was spraying out on the counter. She rang it up wrong and called the manager, and the manager said, "it doesn't matter" we aren't going to be here much longer",so they knew they were closing atleast since Dec. 26th.Their prices never ring up what the store flyer advertises-if they even had those items in the store!. I wouldn't miss the store, Dick's is better by far. This place always looked closed because they had no outside lights ever on, and the inside was always dirty! People working there were rude and always too busy talking to each other to help you find anything.No sad feeling here about them closing!
gun owner

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

DUNHAMS had good supply of mosin nagants , ak, ar type weapons..unlike some other big box stores who are afraid to sell them. some of their workers are a different story , rude , arrogant.

“What Me Worry?”

Since: Oct 08

Littlestown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

OK here goes the rumor mill.I was told that the building will be demolished and a Best Buy will build a new building there.
Non-sense

Conshohocken, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Dicks ruined Dunhams chance of survival (which is GREAT). As for Hot and Now, doesn't Taco Bell own that building?
stosh

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

I thought the store had great adds in the paper and comparable prices but this particular store had lousy employees, maybe that was the managers fault but I didnít see anyone wanting to help any customers. to the people that said too bad for the workers... you should have tried to shop there before making those comments. I stopped in before Christmas and after visiting a few over-crowded stores that day I was surprised to see this store almost empty with no employees in sight except the cashier.
They did it to themselves!
momma2

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

While it is a shame for most of the employees there I say goodbye and wont miss ya to dunhams.

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

Non-sense wrote:
As for Hot and Now, doesn't Taco Bell own that building?
I think you're correct about that, but if they didn't own it, I'm sure that they were leasing it when the business was open.
It is bad

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

When it appears that most of the comments made here are by the same person with different names. That place was great. Friendly people, decent selection, not great by any means, and low prices. The store did look old but what could they do? Maybe their corporate people should have done some revamping a while ago. Oh well, they had some fun people working there and were always around to help...
Mocha

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Should have gone out of business long ago. Hell, the employees didn't even know what they had in the store. I think they only ever bought one pair of shoes to display because they were always sold out of the shoes you wanted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr Jesus C 51,282
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 12 hr Krave MaMeat 5,416
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Thu A Muslims Useful... 3,899
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 22 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1

Search the Hanover Forum:
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs