Build 'catwalk' for Utz workers

Build 'catwalk' for Utz workers

There are 26 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jun 11, 2011, titled Build 'catwalk' for Utz workers. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

As for the proposed crossing signal for Utz employees on High Street, it seems an easy fix as I have thought of it many times in my travels through the area or waiting in the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thats_For_Sure

United States

#21 Jun 13, 2011
Parking garage on the same side of the street as their factory is. The Hanover Hospital did it, they can too.
wow

Hanover, PA

#22 Jun 13, 2011
been there wrote:
<quoted text>how hard is it for you to realize that lot holds about 100 cars which is about filled everyday, and there are about 400 cars parked in the main lot everyday! Are we going to stack them genius?poof
There is parking in the front of the warehouse, parking on the side of the warehouse and parking in the back of the warehouse. There is also parking in the rear of the Utz factory and parking on the side towards the back of the Utz Factory.
Thats_For_Sure

United States

#23 Jun 13, 2011
I also wonder if these same people that are complaining about getting across the street also walk out in front of the forklifts in the factory? In the transportation industry, the more maneuverable vehicle must yield to the less maneuverable or larger. Where I work, forklifts and vehicles have the right of way, not pedestrians. Just like a railroad crossing, stop, look, and listen.
common freakin sense

Bear, DE

#24 Jun 14, 2011
Thats_For_Sure wrote:
I also wonder if these same people that are complaining about getting across the street also walk out in front of the forklifts in the factory? In the transportation industry, the more maneuverable vehicle must yield to the less maneuverable or larger. Where I work, forklifts and vehicles have the right of way, not pedestrians. Just like a railroad crossing, stop, look, and listen.
Good point would you try and beat a train crossing good luck use common sense

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#25 Jun 14, 2011
A catwalk should only be built if the workers have to dance to the Right Said Fred song "I'm Too Sexy" as they cross so everyone can see them do their little dance on the catwalk.
Hanoverian

Rockville, MD

#26 Jun 14, 2011
LogicPrevails wrote:
A catwalk should only be built if the workers have to dance to the Right Said Fred song "I'm Too Sexy" as they cross so everyone can see them do their little dance on the catwalk.
That's a great idea -- then the traffic on High Street would actually stop so they could watch the show! Of course any good catwalk show has flashing lights so they should still put in the crossing signal signs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 28 min just a thought 5,802
Snyder lance May 25 Torts 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May 7 Scott123 10
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr '15 Trista Biddle 23
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]