Build 'catwalk' for Utz workers

Full story: Evening Sun

As for the proposed crossing signal for Utz employees on High Street, it seems an easy fix as I have thought of it many times in my travels through the area or waiting in the area.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
been there

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

I think the best result will be to have the police eat their donuts in the parking lot and arrest the people who dont stop and the few who just step off the curb!
national enquirer

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

been there wrote:
I think the best result will be to have the police eat their donuts in the parking lot and arrest the people who dont stop and the few who just step off the curb!
a jack wagon among us!
Just Saying

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

been there wrote:
I'll be on my bike so there will be plenty of room to get through. No mail boxes in my way either can hunter.
just sayin post

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

UTZ can hire a few more illegals or temp workers to manage the crosswalk duties.
Golden Eagle

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

I have a better idea, how about people obey state law and stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk. Oh wait, to many idiots that drive through that area don't understand that state law requires that you give right away to a pedestrian.
Batman

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Golden Eagle wrote:
I have a better idea, how about people obey state law and stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk. Oh wait, to many idiots that drive through that area don't understand that state law requires that you give right away to a pedestrian.
Run Forrest run!!!!!!!!!!

Step out in front of my care while going 35MPH and let me test my brakes. Squish!!!!!!!!!! Thump!!!!!!!!!!

Latter, catch me if you can.
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Golden Eagle wrote:
to many idiots
>to many idiots
>to many
>to

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Batman wrote:
<quoted text>Run Forrest run!!!!!!!!!!
Step out in front of my care while going 35MPH and let me test my brakes. Squish!!!!!!!!!! Thump!!!!!!!!!!
Latter, catch me if you can.
Actually, it's people with an attitude like yours that are causing the problems!
Batman

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's people with an attitude like yours that are causing the problems!
I have a perfect driving record and never failed to hit a pedestrian while I was trying to hit them. No problem on my end.
Stupid from Hanover

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Golden Eagle wrote:
Is it a privilege or a right to walk in front of moving vehicles? I heard it was a privilege to drive on the highway. What about walking?

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Batman wrote:
<quoted text>I have a perfect driving record and never failed to hit a pedestrian while I was trying to hit them. No problem on my end.
Ditto on what I said before!
Michelle Little

Biglerville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

I agree with the catwalk idea at Utz's expense. What makes them so special? If they use tax payer dollars then we should throw the bums out of office.
How about a chunnel

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

They dug under the ocean surely the Rice's can afford a small little tunnel. Rent out rooms in their shanty and build a tunnel.
rolling

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

just sayin post wrote:
UTZ can hire a few more illegals or temp workers to manage the crosswalk duties.
Lmao!!! U went there
Andrew

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

To SCOTT HOFFMAN, MICHELLE LITTLE & HOW ABOUT A CHUNNEL:

Years ago UTZ wanted to build a catwalk for their employees to cross the road and they proposed it. However the borough or township they're in shot it down.
wow

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Utz owns the building next to the plant (on the other side of the railroad tracks on Kindig lane). Why not make parking in the other buildings lot. Put in a sidewalk, steps and a crossing patch over the railroad tracks. Workers won't have to worry about traffic AT ALL nor would the traffic have to worry about so much about the workers.
Plain and REALLY SIMPLE. Parking in the other lot, sidewalk/steps/crossing pad over railroad tracks and poof the problem away. How hard is it??
been there

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

wow wrote:
Utz owns the building next to the plant (on the other side of the railroad tracks on Kindig lane). Why not make parking in the other buildings lot. Put in a sidewalk, steps and a crossing patch over the railroad tracks. Workers won't have to worry about traffic AT ALL nor would the traffic have to worry about so much about the workers.
Plain and REALLY SIMPLE. Parking in the other lot, sidewalk/steps/crossing pad over railroad tracks and poof the problem away. How hard is it??
how hard is it for you to realize that lot holds about 100 cars which is about filled everyday, and there are about 400 cars parked in the main lot everyday! Are we going to stack them genius?poof
Can Hunter

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

been there wrote:
<quoted text>how hard is it for you to realize that lot holds about 100 cars which is about filled everyday, and there are about 400 cars parked in the main lot everyday! Are we going to stack them genius?poof
Did you count each one correctly?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

you ran over my flips!!!
Batman wrote:
<quoted text>I have a perfect driving record and never failed to hit a pedestrian while I was trying to hit them. No problem on my end.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

the police stole my flip flops!!!!!!!!!
been there wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 10 hr D Cheney 3,748
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 14 hr Pirates booty 5,357
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Sat Capt Lou 51,114
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
Moul Field will host fireworks despite nearby h... (Jun '08) Jul 4 Local resident 54
Klan plans rallies in Pa. (Aug '06) Jul 1 straw grasping teabaggers 372
•••

Flash Flood Watch for York County was issued at July 14 at 3:42AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••