Courts: Woman collected $19K in welfare while owning $650K home

A Paradise Township woman pleaded no contest to a $19,500 welfare fraud case that authorities filed after learning she collected food stamps and assistance funds while living in a home worth nearly $700,000. Tanya L. Postell, 27, was sentenced to three years of probation and ordered to pay restitution. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
POOKY

York, PA

#1 Jun 23, 2010
DAMMMMM WHEN I GROW I WANT BE LIKE HER
good logic

York, PA

#2 Jun 23, 2010
This is almost unbelievable. That deputy Prosecutor must be a relative of the criminal Postell or just plain ignorant and gullible. Someone higher up in the judicial system should question her credentials, common sense and logic. This is blatantly an outrage and slap in the face to us Taxpayers that unknowingly gave our hard earned money for the luxury lifestyle of this thief Postell and also her boyfriend. Gee, it seems to make a statement the FRAUD PAYs, so enjoy.
Really

Spring Grove, PA

#3 Jun 23, 2010
Should have added 24 months community service at a homeless shelter so she understands what a REAL needy person is. And be forced to wear a shirt with "I am here because I stole from you" on the back while doing so.
Responsibility

Dover, PA

#4 Jun 23, 2010
The sad part is that this individual is just one of many that abuse the system!
just askin

Harrisburg, PA

#5 Jun 23, 2010
i don't see how she is any less entitled to live off others than the rest of the welfare queens.
T- OFF

York, PA

#6 Jun 23, 2010
and i made $8.00 to much to get help with food stamps because of someone like this
JackTheJoker

Red Lion, PA

#7 Jun 23, 2010
ha ha ha ha ha ha what a loon. she has to be a nut case.
she should be sent to mexico and made to return as an
illegal alien. and then horse whipped. ha ha ha
Amazed

Mount Wolf, PA

#8 Jun 23, 2010
T- OFF wrote:
and i made $8.00 to much to get help with food stamps because of someone like this
I know right the honest ones are the ones who suffer! I make 10 dollars a month too much! WOW
Heeha

York, PA

#9 Jun 23, 2010
There is always talk about minorities on welfare, lookahere, lookahere. I do know for a fact there is more white people that get welfare help, and from this article it looks like the richest white people are getting the help. Ha, Ha, Ha.
grt2day

York, PA

#10 Jun 23, 2010
WELL.........I just want to tell you that that is NOT true! I have worked with young kids and they KNOW HOW to work the system! I am older and pay my bills..........they run them out and get help? I work everyday and not a drunk nor use drugs........like most of them! These people live better then I do? I am a single person trying to work and it is not great being a server about now. I cannot get section 8 beacuse I make to much money..........BUT I cannot pay my bills? OH........BTW.........whites are the minority now.
Fred

York, PA

#13 Jun 24, 2010
germangirl wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right, all the minorities know how to work the system over and its sad because white folk like me get told that if I worked one less day a week I'd be able to get some help...maybe $40, hmmm, I can make more then that in the day I'd be cutting and I still can't afford everything with a new baby...I wish I was born with color on my skin!
You could always go back to Germany!
Lanc City

Ephrata, PA

#15 Jun 24, 2010
Shes not the only one, how about the chicks that be driving Escalades living in the projects on section 8. She is not the first and won't be the last.
Off Base

Mount Laurel, NJ

#16 Jun 24, 2010
Really wrote:
Should have added 24 months community service at a homeless shelter so she understands what a REAL needy person is. And be forced to wear a shirt with "I am here because I stole from you" on the back while doing so.
On the back hell, on the front so when she is talking to them they can see it...and actually just make it both sides so they know...
jim

Mount Wolf, PA

#17 Jun 24, 2010
To the person who said whites are the minority now, get your facts straight; Google it; that is not true. Maybe in 15-20 years, but not NOW.
keepin york beautiful

United States

#18 Jun 24, 2010
Lanc City wrote:
Shes not the only one, how about the chicks that be driving Escalades living in the projects on section 8. She is not the first and won't be the last.
No no the escalades are paid for with the drug money. They can't very well report that on their income taxes..they'd get in trouble. Sheesh
dragonfly

York, PA

#19 Jun 24, 2010
I'm wondering if this is all there is to this story. Many people that are laid off need help and can't get it. Does anyone know the real story? Perhaps she and her boyfriend lost their jobs and were in need of food stamps for the children. Try not to judge others until you know the behind the scenes true story.
my thoughts

York, PA

#20 Jun 24, 2010
germangirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I should, hell Hitler had it right!
You are just plain old ignorant. Hitler killed millions of Jewish people and hated people for no reason and you sit here and have the nerve to say he had it right. You ought to be ashamed of yourself!! You make me sick!! Maybe if people in this world were never like you in the first place there would have never been any slaves, racism, and segregation! So these so called "colored people" would not have ever had to fight for the right to even get paid for jobs and be treated as equal. Do you honestly think it is just as easy for them to get a well paid job as it is for us white people? With all of the racist people still in the world like yourself I am sure it is not. Trust me i know what it's like in the city...down on the block where you see mostly black guys selling drugs and the people on welfare down in the city. I am not stupid and I am not blind but they do not represent all black people! Heck go to all of the trailer parks scattered over york county and it it the same problems just a different culture. So open your mind and your eyes and stop judging someone on their color and stereotyping because you see some black people doing wrong!!!
No sympathy

Rockville, MD

#21 Jun 24, 2010
What bugs me the most is she was denied ARD because of "the facts of the case"!!! I was hit by a drunk driver while waiting at an intersection, at 60mph it destroyed my vehicle. Witnesses said there was no attempt to break or avoid me. The driver was able to get ARD. Crazy.
High Class

York, PA

#22 Jun 24, 2010
Lanc City wrote:
That's totally different. People in the projects, don't have no money. It's their drug dealer boyfriends, and the escalades are probably phene whips. They don't own nothing. Not to mention that the system is unfair. Just because you own a home over a certain value you don't qualify for assistance. Maybe she experienced a hardship, and just because she owns a home valued more than mine or yours she can't get help. The Government would rather her sell her home to live; and not have a place to live, so that they don't have to give her assistance. I feel like this is discrimination. Just think for her to be living in a home like that, she damn sure had to pay taxes; so I don't understand why some of you would say she's now living off your tax dollars, her's as much as yours right? People, stop being so judgmental, as if she doesn
t get back whatever it was she had before, she will end up losing her home, and after that happens... Well, then she'll qualify for assistance.

Somethings not right with this one, but then again. There's a lot of things about the Government that's not right.
Agreed

York, PA

#25 Jun 24, 2010
Sad thing is there are a lot of people in this state who need help and are refused and look at this woman, just sucking the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 3 hr Jack Black 5,582
Hanover should trash its recycling program (Mar '08) Dec 26 RetiredRN 16
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov '14 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web