Weis store getting a makeover

Weis store getting a makeover

There are 11 comments on the Evening Sun story from Apr 5, 2009, titled Weis store getting a makeover. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Workers install panels on the facade of the Carlisle Street Weis Market in Hanover earlier this week during its renovation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

jim

Newville, PA

#1 Apr 6, 2009
i sure hope they upgrade the seafood dept. ,its hard to find fresh shellfish in this area. the giant food store by walmart is the only store anywhere near (that i know of) where i can get live mussells.
tin lizzie

Plano, TX

#2 Apr 6, 2009
the main entrance and entryway were the dirtiest and ugliest of any in area when we lived there. this is long overdue. maybe we can return to shopping there when we get moved back to pa.

and to jim (above commentor), have you ever gone to bay city's fresh seafood market???
borough resident

Elyria, OH

#3 Apr 6, 2009
I hope it's not like the one they re-did in Westminster. It's so huge inside. Not much forward thinking on that one - aren't the baby boomers getting older? Don't they make up the majority of people that COOK? Just leave the Weis on Baltimore Street as is. It's easier to navigate and the workers are SUPER friendly!

Since: Jul 08

McSherrystown

#4 Apr 6, 2009
I'm glad the company decided to renovate instead of building a new store in another location. That's one less empty building I'll have to drive by.
Spip

Gettysburg, PA

#5 Apr 6, 2009
Hometown Transplant wrote:
I'm glad the company decided to renovate instead of building a new store in another location. That's one less empty building I'll have to drive by.
Indeed
sarcasm man

Carlisle, PA

#6 Apr 6, 2009
I'm just glad the Evening sun finally realized that Weis is getting a makeover. Next they'll figure out that Eisenhower Drive gets busy on the weekend.
Shocked

Eden Prairie, MN

#7 Apr 6, 2009
sarcasm man wrote:
I'm just glad the Evening sun finally realized that Weis is getting a makeover. Next they'll figure out that Eisenhower Drive gets busy on the weekend.
Did you hear Hanover supposedly has a high school now too??? It was almost as shocking as the Weis makeover when I first read about it!!!!
tonka

Dallas, PA

#8 Apr 7, 2009
borough resident wrote:
I hope it's not like the one they re-did in Westminster. It's so huge inside. Not much forward thinking on that one - aren't the baby boomers getting older? Don't they make up the majority of people that COOK? Just leave the Weis on Baltimore Street as is. It's easier to navigate and the workers are SUPER friendly!
i agree with you,it does not need to be bigger,just cleaned up a bit.i just wish that the grocery stores around here would put the milk,bread,etc-staple items- in the front of the store so its faster to get in and out when you only need someting like that.i know they put it in the back to sell more items,but we got enough large grocery stores.
R U Serious

Carlisle, PA

#9 Apr 13, 2009
tonka wrote:
<quoted text>i agree with you,it does not need to be bigger,just cleaned up a bit.i just wish that the grocery stores around here would put the milk,bread,etc-staple items- in the front of the store so its faster to get in and out when you only need someting like that.i know they put it in the back to sell more items,but we got enough large grocery stores.
Wow Tonka, apparently you never took any marketing classes. They do that so you have to walk through the store, possibly seeing something else to buy. Oh and here's a newsflash for you...they put gum, candy, and sodas up by the register as a "impulse" buy. I know, shocking right! Moron!
tonka

Dallas, PA

#10 Apr 14, 2009
R U Serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Tonka, apparently you never took any marketing classes. They do that so you have to walk through the store, possibly seeing something else to buy. Oh and here's a newsflash for you...they put gum, candy, and sodas up by the register as a "impulse" buy. I know, shocking right! Moron!
If u read my comment, I did say that they "do that to sell more items"..Don't need to take any classes to know that. I think you need the classes for calling me a moron just for say what you said in a different way. Grow up and name calling is not nice, its just a newpaper post people.
lovebug

Gettysburg, PA

#11 Jun 26, 2009
R U Serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Tonka, apparently you never took any marketing classes. They do that so you have to walk through the store, possibly seeing something else to buy. Oh and here's a newsflash for you...they put gum, candy, and sodas up by the register as a "impulse" buy. I know, shocking right! Moron!
They also put the milk and things at the back so as the doors are opening and shutting it don't afect the cold food and spoil it faster take a foods class

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sun The_Mrs 7,601
Snyder's Lance - Morrisville NC Jan 17 Cracker Man 15
don't date in this S%I^hole town Jan 16 Jsmith 1
Medical Littlestown Community pool Dec 23 Sunshine 1
Rumor: McSherrystown Bypass is near. Nov '17 Mike _ Brushtown 1
traffic in mcsherrystown (Apr '13) Nov '17 Mike 2
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '17 JT100uk 40

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages