Police: Burglar fired gun during home invasion in McSherrystown

Nov 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Evening Sun

When a McSherrystown woman walked into her home office early Wednesday morning to smoke a cigarette, she was met by a man pointing a stolen handgun at her, police said.

Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Dec 8, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Davenport

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Maxwell Henderson wrote:
<quoted text> That's not possible because I don't know them.
You've been ridiculed your whole life by people who don't want to know you, they just want a loser to make fun of. Nothing new here.
Maxwell Henderson

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been ridiculed your whole life by people who don't want to know you, they just want a loser to make fun of. Nothing new here.
You don't know me either so it would be an impossibility for you to come to that conclusion.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Costard wrote:
I tell you, this type of serious violent crime is happening more and more often in Gettysburg and the surrounding areas.
It is clearly the street gangs responsible, I can't understand why the police don't do more to stop them.
Many people have been killed, dozens more have been shot at, robbed, beaten, set on fire, etc.
These gangs are getting bolder by the day. It takes balls to break into a home and confront the homeowner with a loaded weapon, then shoot said gun.
This town is sick.
OMG! It DOES TAKE "BALLS"..and we AIN'T TALKIN'...BLACK POWDER PISTOLS HERE...HONESTLY, I can't imagine the stupidity of breaking into a home in Gettysburg..with it's history of the Civil War Battle...even back then...the townsfolks were armed to the hilt! Homeowners in every knook and cranny town NEED to arm themselves AGAINST home invaders. YOU work hard for your family to have a roof over their heads and material possessions to cozy up the home...WHY LET ANYONE take ANYTHING from you?? The FUZZ need to get a handle on this..I HAVE "ALWAYS" wondered..WHY THE FREAK isn't the recognition of Gangs in America addressed on a National Level by our government?? Any takers on this subject??

Since: Apr 11

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>OMG! It DOES TAKE "BALLS"..and we AIN'T TALKIN'...BLACK POWDER PISTOLS HERE...HONESTLY, I can't imagine the stupidity of breaking into a home in Gettysburg..with it's history of the Civil War Battle...even back then...the townsfolks were armed to the hilt! Homeowners in every knook and cranny town NEED to arm themselves AGAINST home invaders. YOU work hard for your family to have a roof over their heads and material possessions to cozy up the home...WHY LET ANYONE take ANYTHING from you?? The FUZZ need to get a handle on this..I HAVE "ALWAYS" wondered..WHY THE FREAK isn't the recognition of Gangs in America addressed on a National Level by our government?? Any takers on this subject??
Please read the article. The home was not in Gettysburg. Are you drinking the lemonade that Pink Eye (under his/her many names) and Davenport (under his/her many names) are spreading.

Yes there is some crime in Gettysburg but it is not even close to what these two are trying to say.
Davenport

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Fitus T Bluster wrote:
<quoted text>You are not fooling anyone DAVENPORT.
Fooling you. Dear Lord, you are stupid.

Ask the local yokels. Colorado Chick has been here far longer than I have.

How dumb and stupid you look!!!
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
Fooling you. Dear Lord, you are stupid.
Ask the local yokels. Colorado Chick has been here far longer than I have.
How dumb and stupid you look!!!
I will agree with that. Chick has been around for a long time.
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
That Fitus person is a real momo...
Did you mean to put an H where you put an M? Just wondering.....if you did, I understand
Just So You Know

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
So is owing money to drug gang members. This town is just sick, I predict that incidences of these home invasions will increase as more and more people fall under the influence of these street gangs. When that happens, people will be basically prisoners in their own homes, the streets will be strictly gang turf.
This was not gang related, at all. In my personal opinion (that is the opinion of the nameless daughter of kathy ) this is a case of an ex who couldn't move on. I believe he broke in to harm myself and my family. This is something that had been haunting my family for years. Even after we all though it was over after my PFA was denied, the harassing continued, my windshield was smashed in, and most recent, my home broken into by him with a gun. Here is what I was getting at. This is not gang related, or specific to Adams county.(Also, just to clear this up; THIS WAS NOT IN GETTYSBURG.) These things unfortunately happen everywhere. If you bury you head in crime blogs related to your community, you will probably feel like your town is overwhelmed with gun wielding, unstable, street thugs. If your the average bear that watches the news, and reads your world news once in a while, you will see it's everywhere. In the case of Davenport, some of us are just blowing smoke. You probably shouldn't publish an opinion on something that you clearly could not fully comprehend. You obviously had a hard time reading the full article in which states that and ex was the accused. I'm pretty sure that would steer all the normal people away from assumptions of gang related activity. But hey, what do I know, I was only here when it happened right?
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. You can't. Until you can, shut your mouth and stop trying to squelch the legitimate discourse regarding the gang takeover in Gettysburg and the surrounding areas.
Get ready for more and more incidences of home invasions, this man was a member of one of the street gangs in Gettysburg and his homies will be looking for revenge.
Did you know that over on Borovent the locals are already complaining about the upcoming 150th anniversary festivities?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that over on Borovent the locals are already complaining about the upcoming 150th anniversary festivities?
Complain before is EVEN happens...SHEESH...Tourism is the KEY for GETTYSBURG survival... W/O the bucks...it will become a ghost town..
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Complain before is EVEN happens...SHEESH...Tourism is the KEY for GETTYSBURG survival... W/O the bucks...it will become a ghost town..
exactly! Those complaining on Borovent don't know how its going to play out good or bad.
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
If the gangs have their way, it will turn out verrrrrrrrrry baaaaaaaad.
Borovent is full of meaningless blowhards. These losers don't matter one iota in the real world. So they puff their chests out over there. They can't do it here.
100% agree with that statement
Observer

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
If the gangs have their way, it will turn out verrrrrrrrrry baaaaaaaad.
Borovent is full of meaningless blowhards. These losers don't matter one iota in the real world. So they puff their chests out over there. They can't do it here.
Yes, I believe you've got the meaningless blowhard department pretty much covered on this forum. Congratulations.
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Gettysburg! Men that drive F-150s! Yeeehaw!
with rusty fenders and a raccoon tail hanging from the mirror

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 4 hr Big Daddy 3,812
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 5 hr Sl of bendover 5,389
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Wed More Settled Science 51,184
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Tue Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••