Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,225
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#73652 May 16, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Christians should be fed to the lions. I mean it.
Say the man who preaches peace and love.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73653 May 16, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Say the man who preaches peace and love.
With genuine concern for the health of the lions, I would prefer that we use Christians, rather than Apu.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73656 May 16, 2014
EVERY LIFE EVENT IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE:

PART 1

Many people have this wrong view of life by which they think that whatever happens to them is for the best.

I fail to understand how an adverse happening can ever be for the best.

An adverse life-event indicates a wrong movement in past karma due to which in keeping with the causal laws the reaction arrived in adverse form.

Many lines of karma, good and bad, keep converging and keep getting shuffled before a reaction, good or bad, manifests in the life of a person.

Besides, when a reaction manifests most people don't know how to react - if good happens they get elated and often give in to egoism instead of resolving to do better and if bad happens to them they mourn, curse, indulge in blame games. lose self-confidence or get so depressed that they lose the momentum to quickly rise out of it and head forward.

All this shows that the exteriorized consciousness has not been at its best while sowing the karma as well as when receiving the payment back for it in future.

I say if good happens, one could have done even better and if bad happens to a person he could have done better and besides equanimity should be cultivated at all times with a firm determination of moving ahead.

I never say that what had to happens has happened which is naive fatalism.

What has happened is due to your own past doings or due to some hereditary impulse in you or due to an environmental impact.

Location hidden

#73657 May 16, 2014
PART 2

The case of yoga is different because along with all of the above the yogi is invariably made a target of certain hostile forces for which he has to doubly suffer and/or a move in the ascending direction of consciousness usually creates a downward pull from the unregenerate parts of being and from unregenerate persons in one's surroundings which makes the path even more difficult.

So, in life, everything, whether good or bad or transcendent, presents us with a learning experience - if bad happens, identify the mistakes as far as possible and resolve not to repeat the same; if good happens resolve to do better and if the transcendent manifests then too understand that much more lies ahead.

And, at all times, maintain your equanimity and strive to break free of the chains of anything parochial whether the narrow confines of rigid thinking, tribalism, bigotry and selfish interests.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#73658 May 16, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
With genuine concern for the health of the lions, I would prefer that we use Christians, rather than Apu.
Let the lions eat Apu as well.

A skinny Indian adds that flavour of curry that make Christians taste good.

Location hidden

#73659 May 16, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the lions eat Apu as well.
A skinny Indian adds that flavour of curry that make Christians taste good.
Twisted thinking, but I like it...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#73662 May 16, 2014
SOLVING THE MIND-MATTER DICHOTOMY

1) Really speaking there's no dichotomy between mind and matter since everything, whether mind or matter, has manifested from one existence which is universal conscious energy field manifesting in differing degrees of activity that are inbuilt in it.

2) So, mind is simply a higher degree of vibration of the energy field, emotions a lower degree of vibration of the same energy field, life a still lower degree of vibration of the same energy field and matter is the lowest degree of vibration of the same energy field. Similarly, supramental states are rarefied degrees of vibration of the same energy field whose frequency of vibration exceeds those of the mental mode of activity and so on.

3) Difference is of degree not of kind.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#73663 May 16, 2014
BOTTOM LINE:

Conscious energy field is ONE everywhere, while its functional modes expressed as a variety of frequencies of vibration are many and these different frequencies of vibration of the conscious energy field can be classified as supramental, mental, emotional, life and matter.

Difference is of degree not of kind.

Location hidden

#73664 May 17, 2014
MORE OF JESUS' EVIL TEACHINGS:

1) "That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows."

- Luke 12:47

2) "For God said,'Honor your father and mother and 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' But you say that if a man says to his father or mother,'Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God,' he is not to 'honor his father' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition.You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you."

- "Matthew 15:4-7
Holy Spirit condemnation

London, KY

#73665 May 17, 2014
In September of 2007, I was at a phone booth at Walmart, I noticed this slip of paper folded up, I unfolded it, guess what it said?. It said "Da*n the Holy Spirit God!!!". That's bad ain't it, what's this world coming to?.

Location hidden

#73666 May 17, 2014
Holy Spirit condemnation wrote:
In September of 2007, I was at a phone booth at Walmart, I noticed this slip of paper folded up, I unfolded it, guess what it said?. It said "Da*n the Holy Spirit God!!!". That's bad ain't it, what's this world coming to?.
Only in Kentucky are there still phone booths in Walmart.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#73668 May 17, 2014
JESUS AND MUHAMMAD - ASSES

I feel like laughing out loud when I read about Muhammad, who, in his desperation to be accepted as a Semitic prophet went to the extent of profusely misquoting the Tanach and the teachings of Jesus and sought to portray himself as the next prophet after Jesus by twisting the original meaning of the Jewish and Christian scriptures out of context and in the process made a complete ass of himself.

Earlier, Jesus, too, made an ass of himself by announcing that he was the expected Jewish messiah and went even further by declaring that he was an incarnation of HaShem.

Besides, both Jesus and Muhammad tried adopting some Vedic customs and there, too, both messed up.

Judaism has evolved and included new aspects in its growing embrace and given the high-powered intellectual capacities of most Jews and the great material wealth they command, well, it's not surprising to see a majority of Jews turning away from the illogic of scriptural faith, intermarrying with goyim or taking to Eastern Mystical traditions in a big way.

Christianity is in a mess and the church fathers and Bible thumping idiots have lost the high moral ground that they thought they possessed as their frocks are routinely getting stripped away leaving their corrupted bodies and foolish beliefs exposed to ridicule and in the arena of spirituality they're utterly clueless about the play of the gross and subtle forces and have nothing else to turn to except nonsense such as creation ex nihilo, virgin birth, resurrection, saving the world from sins by dying on the cross and other such absurdities..

Muslims who follow Muhammad are sinking deeper into the quagmire of failure, degradation, poverty, hallucinations, violence, murder, theft, lies, genetic mutations brought on by mass inbreeding and vulgarity by following the false teachings of the charlatan, Muhammad.

Location hidden

#73669 May 17, 2014
I am going to church to feed on the flesh of Jesus and to drink his blood. Bye, boyz. LOL.

Location hidden

#73671 May 18, 2014
Conspiracy Theorists Vindicated: HAARP Confirmed Weather-manipulation Tool

Catherine J. Frompovich

The most damning aspersion that can be lobbed against any person, or the exposure of “secret government activity,” overwhelmingly is “Conspiracy Theorist.” That pejorative ‘handle’ is equated with imbecile mind-activity with aspersions often suggested as ‘tin hat wearers’. Well, step aside all you doubters and listen up carefully to what took place in the halls of Congress on May 14, 2014 regarding the weather modification system known as HAARP. In the YouTube below Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) asks some pointed questions about HAARP. However, readers may not be surprised at the answers, but the mainstream media ought to be wiping oodles of egg yolk from its collective face.

In the report “Air Force Admits Weather Control via HAARP and New Tech,” David Walker, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Science, Technology and Engineering, very-matter-of-factly states that they took over from the Navy and will be moving on "to managing the ionosphere, what the HAARP was really designed to do, to inject energy into the ionosphere to be able to actually control it…"

Google for the article.

Location hidden

#73672 May 18, 2014
Maybe, HAARP-at-sea-ships, i.e., the Tesla Weapon Platform SBX-1, probably will be the most effective ‘on-site’ HAARP facility rather than one remotely stationary on land.....

Location hidden

#73673 May 18, 2014
typo

stationed, not stationary
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#73678 May 18, 2014
SOME MORE EVIL TEACHINGS OF JESUS:

1) "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35"For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law and so a man's enemies will be the members of his own household."

- Matthew 10:34-35

2) Another of the disciples said to Him, "Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father." But Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and allow the dead to bury their own dead."

- Matthew 8:21-22
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#73679 May 18, 2014
MUHAMMAD stood for strong family ties, while Jesus asked his disciples to cut off all links with family and in a general sense JESUS said he'd come to break up families by driving a wedge between family members. This is one major difference between Muhammad and Jesus and in this aspect Jesus comes across as a sociopath.

Location hidden

#73680 May 18, 2014
I am going out. Later. Bye.

Location hidden

#73681 May 19, 2014
FROM THE ALLAH THREAD

isabigting wrote:

"Moses and Mohammad could switch places in time and history would remain unchanged. Mohammad could lead the Israelites and Musa could lead the Arabs. Both are charismatic natural leaders. But Jesus the sissy XX male would voluntary go to the enemy camp to die of his own free will."

JOEL: Engineering genocides, indulging in extreme fanaticism. enslaving the losers in war and sharing females of POWs are unmanly acts and if I may say so evil behavior that both Moses and Muhammad are guilty of.

Besides, these 2 psychopaths, Moses and Muhammad, easily gave in to bouts of abusing, cursing and threatening their opponents.

The real demonstration of power is to solve a dispute without using force using persuasive dialogue.

Where a mystic is concerned, he should be in possession of such a high degree of Mystical Power that without saying a harsh word and without spilling a drop of blood, people in the opposing camp become calm, amicable and co-operative and the dispute is solved.

The higher Mystical Power dissolves or transforms the inimical force field driving the hostile persons and soon they are won over in a peaceful manner and the dispute is solved in the best interests of both parties.

Jesus lacked martial power but in some instances he advocated violence and being bereft of martial strength he routinely resorted to cursing/killing an-out-of season fig tree and cursing and abusing and threatening his opponents.

Any street goon can indulge in killing, maiming, bullying, cursing and threatening - these aspects of antisocial behavior indicate serious personality defects in a person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:55 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:55AM