Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#73252 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Back here those who can afford it go in for BMWs, Mercs and Audis. Mumbai roads are not fit for Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Jaguars and other fast cars though we have the Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar and Lamborghini showrooms in Mumbai .
When you say back here about which nation are you referring to?

Location hidden

#73253 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Soon, the middle classes and the poor will be squeezed further and maybe pushed out of Mumbai or into the distant suburbs as Mumbai is becoming increasingly unaffordable for them. Realtors are buying up huge tracts of land all over Central/Western Mumbai as plans are afoot to convert large sections of Mumbai into privileged zones. The builders and civic authorities are planning on converting much of Mumbai into another Singapore - a world class city and one of my favorite holiday destinations. In Mumbai, everywhere feverish construction activities of new roads, sea bridges, high rises, shopping centers and whatnot are underway. The skyline of Mumbai is changing, fast.
Is this the reason why you moved out of Mumbai?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73254 May 7, 2014
http://www.salon.com/2014/05/07/hobby_lobby_s...

Hobby Lobby-style drama ensnares Jewish elementary school

Why did this Jewish school teacher's union suddenly get ambushed? The answer has strange but familiar undertones

Location hidden

#73255 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Real estate prices are picking up after a lull. A certain famous realtor is developing luxury apartments on Mumbai's swank Nepeansea Road, each apartment of 7000 super-built up area, and even before the high rise has been completed the luxury apartments at a minimum price of $ 25 millions (USD) have already been sold out.
Well, yes 7000 square feet for over $20-25 millions dollars is the basic price.

What surprised is the ridiculous amount you paid for a house out of Mumbai.

The first I read that I thought you begged for a discount or how little that house would be since the price was only $ 1.5 millions dollars.

Location hidden

#73256 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I feel sad for the poor and middle classes as they are unable to keep pace with the rising standard of living.
Yeah whatever...

It's funny to see that when the posters are figuring out you don't live in India and when you were asked to answer about it, you suddenly changed the arguments into computers, cars and apartments, out of the blue.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73257 May 7, 2014
I value my life at Cathedral School far more than the experiences at IIT. Many of our profs were great but the personal touch was missing. I found IIT too ruthless, too cold, too competitive and too materialistic. I could not forge too many lasting friendships with my class mates at IIT and now that most have settled in the US after completing grad school or in some cases are in the process of completing the doctorate, I have lost touch with most. I entered IIT as a high school senior some 11 years ago when my parents and sister were alive. Well, life has changed so much since then and now they are no more. i was thinking of picking up studies a year or so ago and was training under an ex-scientist for the extremely challenging BARC national entrance exam for PhD research but gave it up when my psychology broke down and now though in some ways I am more stable I have lost the zeal and grit to undergo the tough routine involving entrance exam process.

Location hidden

#73258 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
The IIT JEE (main) results are out and now the pace is set for the grueling IIT JEE (advanced). Since my time 11 years ago when I cleared the IIT JEE the format has changed much, many new IITs has been opened up all over India and the input of students has been upped. It's disaster all around as entrance/teaching standards have been lowered. I blame the Union HRD minster for the sorry state of affairs. The degree of difficulty of the questions in Math, Physics and Chem in my time was much higher and the overall process more selective. I hardly care.
After you failed to complete your study at IIT JEE because you didn't have enough economic resources in what other nation have you moved?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73259 May 7, 2014
I am not happy with the way India is changing. Too much emphasis on materialism, too little time to cultivate meaningful relationships. Crime rates are soaring and so are marriage breakups and so is substance abuse.

Location hidden

#73260 May 7, 2014
CORRECTION POST#73255

Well, yes 7000 square feet for over $20-25 millions dollars is the basic price.

What surprised me is the ridiculous amount you paid for a house out of Mumbai.

When I read that I thought you begged for a discount or how little that house would be since the price was only $1.5 millions (USDA).

Very low price for a fanatic multi-millionaire wannabe.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73261 May 7, 2014
I am feeling sad again. To cheer up, I may go sit in the Sea Lounge in the Taj at my favorite window table facing the wharf sipping on a Cafe Viennois and later may stop at the trendy Melange to pick up some pure linen shirts.

Location hidden

#73262 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I am not happy with the way India is changing. Too much emphasis on materialism,
While you don't give that much emphasis on materialism?! LOL

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73263 May 7, 2014
Bollywood has turned so crass. Luckily, in the elite areas of South Mumbai, most of us mostly ignore Bollywood. I am leaving for the Sea Lounge. Nalanda, the books store in the Taj, has a special on the writings of the late Gabriel Garcia Marquez. May take a look.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73264 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I am not happy with the way India is changing. Too much emphasis on materialism, too little time to cultivate meaningful relationships. Crime rates are soaring and so are marriage breakups and so is substance abuse.
But you live to propagate material values. And you dont believe in sex, so you are not supporting the institution of marriage, nor are you interested in cultivating a normal relationship with the opposite sex. Furthermore, your fashion taste is criminal.

So why are you complaining, again?
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#73265 May 7, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But you live to propagate material values. And you dont believe in sex, so you are not supporting the institution of marriage, nor are you interested in cultivating a normal relationship with the opposite sex. Furthermore, your fashion taste is criminal.
So why are you complaining, again?
Commentary on the Bhagavadgita
by Swami Krishnananda
Discourse 14: The Sixth Chapter – The Characteristics of a Sannyasi and a Yogi

Do not complain about yourself. Do not complain against God, and do not be diffident. Do not have a lack of faith in the scriptures, in the Guru, and in God.

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/bgita/bgita...

fake yogi
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73266 May 7, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
https://www.google.com/#q=shod dy+construction+mumbai
shoddy construction Mumbai
It's a third world place and Joel's village doesn't seem to even have a clock.

I hope their drinking water is safe.

That could be the cause of Joel's various medical miseries.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73267 May 7, 2014
Where is Huggy?

Maybe this is his day to cruise men's rooms and check out the other fellas.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73268 May 7, 2014
KRISHNA had inferior values and is not considered a higher Yogi and so his teachings are highly questionable.

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#73269 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
typo
each apartment of 7000 square feet super-built up area
rabbee: only the supramental vain, would pretend to need 7000 sqft of living space only to show off.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73270 May 7, 2014
Sri Aurobindo had higher yogic achievements than Krishna and his teachings based on direct experiences in the transcendental in ascending/descending modes are superior to the ordinary teachings of Krishna.
Gray

Richmond, VA

#73271 May 7, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
What serious repercurssions there could be if a person eliminate A.H. before his rise to the power?
Interesting question.

Of course there's no short answer but one has to look closely at the Treaty of Versailles and the under reported, deplorable conditions in Weimar Germany for any answer.

For most people "Hitler" is no longer a proper noun, it has been overused into a meaningless & simplistic epithet that has no connection to an accurate & objective analysis of one of History's major players.

The Treaty of Versailles guaranteed a WW2 or mass starvation in Germany during its ongoing plunder and dismemberment by opportunistic nations and elements.

Briefly, the Allies created conditions for a strong, unifying leader willing to save Germany from unparalleled suffering and collapse.

Most people are unable to view WW 2, its multiple villains* and atrocities both censored and inflated objectively.

Like all emotionally charged conflicts only the passage of time will reveal the truths

--------For example

*“Eisenhower's Holocaust - His Slaughter Of 1.7 Million Germans”

“Re-Writing History:“The Eisenhower Death Camps”
http://northerntruthseeker.blogspot.com/2009/...
by Lt. Col. Gordon "Jack" Mohr, AUS Ret.

EXCERPT “The book, OTHER LOSSES, found its way into the hands of a Canadian news reporter, Peter Worthington, of the OTTAWA SUN. He did his own research through contacts he had in Canada, and reported in his column on September 12,1989 the following, in part:

"...it is hard to escape the conclusion that Dwight Eisenhower was a war criminal of epic proportions. His (DEF) policy killed more Germans in peace than were killed in the European Theater."

"For years we have blamed the 1.7 million missing German POW's on the Russians. Until now, no one dug too deeply ... Witnesses and survivors have been interviewed by the author; one Allied officer compared the American camps to Buchenwald."

It is known, that the Allies had sufficient stockpiles of food and medicine to care for these German soldiers.

This was deliberately and intentionally denied them. Many men died of gangrene from frostbite due to deliberate exposure. "CONTINUED

No Religion, Nation, Ethnic Group etc has a monopoly on either Good Evil or our sympathy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deming MainStreet puts focus on economic develo... (Jan '10) Nov 15 Jackie 53
News Reward offered in rash of burglaries (Sep '09) Nov 15 nairy 41
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep '16 Tony 627
News Santa Clara mayor Imelda Lopez resigns (Jul '09) Sep '16 Youwishusetobethere 4
News Southwest Print Fiesta will be held on Labor Da... Aug '16 just asking 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... (Jun '15) Aug '16 save the water 5
Review: RGM Realty (Mar '15) Jul '16 lol 4

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages