Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72039 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72269 Apr 22, 2014
The authentic Quran was got from an old mystic living in Istanbul some years ago and is very different in content than the present one. Similarly, the genuine NT is with the descendants of Jesus and Mary Magdalene who live in Spain.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72270 Apr 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the storyline in brief?
BTW, I am not a movie buff.
Google it, you lazy bxstard!!

Yes, I just yelled at you.

Deal with it.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72271 Apr 22, 2014
Neither Jesus nor Muhammad were advanced yogis.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72272 Apr 22, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
According to him Jesus walking on water or resurrect Nazarene is something true because it's an easy yogi task.
In other words he couldn't tell whether a story is true or false. Following his reasoning Hercules existed and whatever he did was true since a yogi can do it.
Interesting. Thanks for clarifying that.
But then again he thinks yoga tricks can also double as a night light.

So it's true. He is not connected with reality.
Which should make him a good target for any religion.
I wonder why he resists.

In this country when we here "yogi" most of us think of a bear:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogi_Bear

He stole picnic baskets at Jellystone Park along with his little friend, Boo-boo.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72273 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

So you believe that Jesus walked on water?
Yes.

Walking on water is a yogic feat that's accomplished when the uddan prana that runs from the base of the spinal nerves to the head gets activated which as a result brings such a lightness in the body that the density of body becomes like that of cotton wool that make sit float on water or in some cases when the uddan prana current is quite intense then a levitation is produced.

Some years ago, I experienced a partial awakening of the uddan prana in the hands and legs and could feel neither of these limbs and whatever I touched or looked at acquired some of this extra-lightness and even dead leaves began showing signs of lightness and animation.

In recent years, Madame Alexandra David Neel reported about levitating lamas in the inner reaches of the Himalayas.

David Neel was herself was quite a yogini of the vital force kind.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#72274 Apr 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha
I was in the Shamiana last night.
I often visit the 24/7 coffee shops in the Taj, Trident, 4 Seasons, Vivanta and other places after midnight.
BTW, I have been saying it for years that I don't sleep, just rest for half an hour or so every day with full consciousness.
The yoga has brought into my body a high concentration of the higher force which has made me rise above the animal habit of sleep.
In most ways, I have also overcome the sex impulse.
I am sure that you sleep like a pig for 12 hours a day - LOL.
Please don't reply to this post.
(smiles)
In reality you have been saying you take a rest for 15 minutes, not half an hour. You can't get your lies straight. You just remembered it was a very short amount of time but forgot how much and came out with half an hour.

Your problem is that you are a liar with the tendency to exaggerate your qualities.

This is why I think you slept last night, for more than half an hour for sure.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72275 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked what it takes to call oneself Jewish and then summarized your responses.
And clearly Eric thought you had things well in hand here so declined to respond. So far anyway.
But your response is actually reasonable to me. After thinking about it. So I shouldn't have been so flip.
At first it sounded all Lucy-goosey but then I remembered a conversation I had once with a Christian.
I asked (as you see I do) about his beliefs. He replied that he didn't need to believe IN god or JC, only the teachings OF god or more specifically, Jesus:
1Chris·tian noun \&#712;kris-ch&#601;n, &#712;krish-\
: a person who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ
So perhaps same for Jews. You only have to believe in the overall philosophy.
But I think what started all this was your comment about the theatrics of JC. Which still is no more magical than Moses or Noah etc.. so, same, same...still applies. Apu's fairy tales vs your own. who's to say which is sillier or more credible or whatever?
Its not so much that I believe in the teachings/philosophy (or God), but that I encounter the teachings/philosophies...Thats the relationship part I was referring to. Encounters tend to be open-ended with give and take on both side. Beliefs are fixed, encounters are not.

I wasnt dissing the theatrics of JC, I was dissing the idea that Joel could steal them to use with his yogi framework (as Stefano explained - in Joels mind ONLY a yogi is precious enough to perform miracles). Thats spiritual imperialism.(Though it can be argued who am I to defend Christian culture). So I never opined who was more credible, instead I was knocking Joel for his theft...

Location hidden

#72276 Apr 22, 2014
Oh yes in the past you also said you overcome sex urge too, but yet you always speak about sex and have erections when you like someone. The last thing was you need to overcome was the need of food. So far... nothing.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72277 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus - not the son of god?
By G-d is meant a typal being inhering in anyone of the cosmic planes.

The absolute is the source of cosmos and of G-d and is more a field of potentiality in terms of consciousness, energy and matter.

So, Son of G-d could only mean an earthly incarnation - either full or partial - of the typal being of a particular plane.

Jesus was either a partial incarnation of El - the typal being of the 4th plane which is the cosmic vital - or Jesus could have been a mystic who had attained to the nondual union during trance with El.

If he was an incarnation of El then it makes sense to understand why he said in John - "He who has seen the Son has seen the Father; I and my Father are one."

or,

If he was a mystic who had merged in consciousness-force with El, it explains why he cried out on the cross to his Father asking Him why He'd forsaken him (Jesus).

A partial incarnation, too, like a mystic, would cry out for help when in trouble...

Both views are tenable in their own contexts.

Location hidden

#72278 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Thanks for clarifying that.
But then again he thinks yoga tricks can also double as a night light.
So it's true. He is not connected with reality.
Which should make him a good target for any religion.
I wonder why he resists.
In this country when we here "yogi" most of us think of a bear:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogi_Bear
He stole picnic baskets at Jellystone Park along with his little friend, Boo-boo.
In my opinion, he has its own religion.

While others have god, he has the Absolute Consciousness.

While others BELIEVE in the creation of men out-of-nothing, he BELIEVES in a spontanous, and therefore out-of-nothing, appearance of thousands of Adam and Eve around the globe. Both the religionists and Joel have not the minium idea of Biology.

In other words, different terms same old story.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72279 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

You do not believe in god? the trinity?
There's nothing like an extra-cosmic G-d who is the Creator, Ruler and Almighty.

G-d or Gods are mere typal beings found on the various cosmic planes, while the Absolute is their source and is a field of potentiality in terms of information (consciousness, energy and matter).

As for Trinity?

Well, a typal entity can manifest in multiple ways.

Pure H2O can simultaneously manifest as solid, liquid and vapor at triple point of water which is about 0.01 degree C.

Similarly, the typal principle of a particular cosmic plane can manifest as a triune - father (unmanifest typal), son (manifest typal) and holy ghost (typal vibration connecting father and son).

So, triune is not ruled out.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72280 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask what you believe. I asked the following. And will again.
And in contrast [to Joel], are you saying that your own "fantasy or myths" do NOT support or have anything do with your own culture, beliefs or practices?
I didn't see Joel forcing his beliefs on anyone only stating a few of them. I think you have done the same. As have I.
Ok - now that we have dispensed with the contextual issues (in my previous post)...

Of course there is a linkage between the Torah and my beliefs and practices. The way I approach it, probably similar to the way more than a few devout Christians approach their scripture - is that I assume that the text is trying to tell me something. What it is I dont always know. And often what is being told is through what is not being mentioned at the time (i.e. the intellectual gaps in the narrative).

So my job is to seek out what is of value. Sometimes the encounter leads to fertile ground, sometimes the encounter just leads to a respectful stand off, sometimes it is enough to just chant or read the text as a form of worship (as on Saturday in synagogue) and/or as a meditative exercise and leave it at that...

That approach is diametrically opposite to the idea of approaching the text with scientific skepticism and looking to the outside for evidence to prove or disprove. Nothing wrong with that approach either, but that is a scientific, rational approach, NOT a religious mode. And not to say that a scientific approach has nothing to offer, rather often such an approach can enhance the religious approach by offering another perspective - creating more depth.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72281 Apr 22, 2014
My rest period every day varies between 15 minutes to 30 minutes and at times just 10 minutes or lesser. Depends. I rest with full consciousness. I never sleep.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72282 Apr 22, 2014
Energy is conscious!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72283 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Google it, you lazy bxstard!!

Yes, I just yelled at you.

Deal with it.
It's Ok.

Location hidden

#72284 Apr 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
My rest period every day varies between 15 minutes to 30 minutes and at times just 10 minutes or lesser. Depends. I rest with full consciousness. I never sleep.
Nice excuse.

You just recently said 30 minutes, like in the past you just said 15 minutes so stick with one, your excuses are lame.

Location hidden

#72285 Apr 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing like an extra-cosmic G-d who is the Creator, Ruler and Almighty.
G-d or Gods are mere typal beings found on the various cosmic planes, while the Absolute is their source and is a field of potentiality in terms of information (consciousness, energy and matter).
As for Trinity?
Well, a typal entity can manifest in multiple ways.
Pure H2O can simultaneously manifest as solid, liquid and vapor at triple point of water which is about 0.01 degree C.
Similarly, the typal principle of a particular cosmic plane can manifest as a triune - father (unmanifest typal), son (manifest typal) and holy ghost (typal vibration connecting father and son).
So, triune is not ruled out.
In recent past you said god(s) don't exist... You define them as figment of imagination.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72286 Apr 22, 2014
DOES KARMA EXIST?

1) KARMA - our thoughts, words and deeds - determines, in terms of cause-effect relationships, our individuality, our degree of consciousness and the events that come our way in life and how we react to them and how we're affected by them.

2) Karma brings out our innate potential and develops new patterns in our inherent capacities.

3) If there were no karma (causation) we would have been mere automatons and none of us would have been unique individuals in our own right.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72287 Apr 22, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Nice excuse.

You just recently said 30 minutes, like in the past you just said 15 minutes so stick with one, your excuses are lame

Only a braindead idiot like you would stick to one time limit and insist on that being the one and only time limit.

The consciousness in the body is not subject to such mathematical determinism.

In my case with the yoga taking off in quite a big way over the past few years, despite all the vicious attacks, my body has become so suffused with the higher consciousness-force that I don't need to sleep like say an ordinary brainless animal like you.

I simply rest for some time which could be anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes depending on my state of consciousness at the moment.

But, never more than 30 minutes.

At times, the consciousness-energy is so high that I don't even rest on that particular day.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72288 Apr 22, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

In recent past you said god(s) don't exist... You define them as figment of imagination.
ha ha

During my brief flirtation with atheism I said it.

The reason I experimented with atheism for that brief period was because the suffering due to relentless vicious force attacks launched at me became so unbearable that I turned suicidal and so in desperation I hit back at yoga by denying all my yogic experiences as a way of retaliation since help was slow in coming to me but I couldn't for too long deny any of my past or present yogic experiences.

Now, from a yogic perspective, let me tell you that if one takes to the path of personality in the yoga then one comes across all the various typal beings on the various planes with each calling itself G-d or whatever, but, if one takes to the path of pure impersonality these very cosmic phenomena appear like a dream or as evanescent formations while all the while during the trance only the field of consciousness minus the phenomena and typal beings are experienced on each plane.

As a piece of advice, I suggest that you must maintain much greater flexibility and better degree of intuition using the very limited intelligence that you possess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Couple recounts wilderness ordeal (Sep '09) Nov 12 bullwinkle 24
News Bataan Legion prepares Veterans Day ceremony Nov 8 God bless America 1
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Oct '17 Tony 631
Former deputy Michel Aguirre back in custody (May '17) Sep '17 MR Gold 3
News New Silver City ordinance takes aim at excessiv... (Jan '11) Sep '17 Cookie123 13
News Letters to the editor (Aug '08) Aug '17 floatbeta 4
News Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 5

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages