Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59495 Oct 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What wider society? We already defined the limits of his following. Israeli, sephardic, and religious. Pretty small, considering.
So,in your simple and dishonest mind, a man that is regarded as "the generation’s GREATEST authority on religious law" has no influence outside of Israel.

Listen to this, a man called Billy Graham had great influence in the US and elsewhere in the world and he was not regarded as the GREATEST SAGE of his generation.

In essence you talk too much CS. Let me change that to HS where H=HOG.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59496 Oct 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
99.9% of Jews in the US have no idea who the guy is. HOw many times do I have to repeat that to you? YNET is an Israeli paper, not an American paper.
Your 99.9% claim underscores your lack of HONESTY.

Give me a link to the source of such information. I have no interest in the REAR link and I suspect that is where you dug it out of.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#59497 Oct 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
So,in your simple and dishonest mind, a man that is regarded as "the generation’s GREATEST authority on religious law" has no influence outside of Israel.
Listen to this, a man called Billy Graham had great influence in the US and elsewhere in the world and he was not regarded as the GREATEST SAGE of his generation.
In essence you talk too much CS. Let me change that to HS where H=HOG.
Your only source for that assertion is an article in an Israeli Newspaper. Find another source or more to back you up, one based here in US and we can talk. Until then, you are FOS. As usual
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59498 Oct 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Your only source for that assertion is an article in an Israeli Newspaper. Find another source or more to back you up, one based here in US and we can talk. Until then, you are FOS. As usual
Given that he is not KNOWN in the US, I expect that his death shall not be covered.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#59499 Oct 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Nobody can get me to quiver i.e. outside of a threat to my life.
2. Is your Christian Senator regarded as the GREATEST sage even by his congregants?
3. He is a nobody when compared to Yosef who CHANGED the religious and political life in Israel. Has your Christian Senator CHANGED the religious and political life in the US?
4. The obsession with Yosef is yours. History shows that I have used others in support of my point. YOU have chosen to focus on Yosef and have sought to DIMINISH his significance in Israel and Judaism. Shame on you, COR.
5. When I called your Christian man a nobody was I being anti-Christian?
6. What is it that I have said about Yosef that makes me anti-semitic? Memory tells me that what I have done was to quote him and in your mind that makes me anti-semitic. That BS will not work with me.
What if I had called Yosef a NOBODY as I did your Christian Senator man, what would you have called me?
7. I find that you have used the word anti-semitic in a TOTALLY DISHONEST and in my mind a CRIMINAL way.
Please ANSWER all questions above.
Is his following as big as that of Rev. Sun Young Moon? Is it any more relevant?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59500 Oct 3, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Is his following as big as that of Rev. Sun Young Moon? Is it any more relevant?
1. Was Moon regarded as the GREATEST sage of his generation in Christianity?

2. Did Moon CHANGE the religious and political life in Korea?

3. The relevance of size is to determine span of influence in country as well as in his religion i.e. Yosef and Judaism. Now of the over 2 BILLION Christian what % followed Moon?

4.Of the RELIGIOUS Jews of Judaism what % was affiliated to Yosef's Judaism?
Voluntarist

United States

#59501 Oct 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not for shts sake, the doc put her on morphine for pain control. If she did not have pain, she should of declined the morphine. Pretty simple, really.
Right but the educated MD was 100% wrong about the gall stone.

Does your husband still have his gall bladder?
Voluntarist

United States

#59502 Oct 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey - you know the guy in Fairfield they just busted for explosives (in the paper)? I think he was my Chem teacher in NCC back in the 80s.
And we now have helicopters above our hood b/c of the DC shooting.
Over reactionary government, those idiots couldn't trap a skunk.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59503 Oct 3, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Read and understand.

"He(Yosef) is considered by his followers – directly, ultra-Orthodox Sephardic public, and indirectly, the WIDER religious society – as a MASTER sage, or Maran, and the generation’s GREATEST authority on religious law. Hence, his HEALTH is no laughing matter."

Tell me about the death of Moon. What impact did it have on the 2.1 Billion Christians?

When Yosef dies, will it be known outside of Israel?

Will it have National IMPACT on Israel?

Let us see the reaction to that event.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#59504 Oct 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Was Moon regarded as the GREATEST sage of his generation in Christianity?
Well, he and his followers certainly thought so.
HughBe wrote:
2. Did Moon CHANGE the religious and political life in Korea?
He wanted to change the whole world.
HughBe wrote:
3. The relevance of size is to determine span of influence in country as well as in his religion i.e. Yosef and Judaism. Now of the over 2 BILLION Christian what % followed Moon?
4.Of the RELIGIOUS Jews of Judaism what % was affiliated to Yosef's Judaism?
In case this went over your head, the point is that both are irrelevant little pissants with no significance anywhere. You just want an excuse to practice your antisemitism.
Voluntarist

United States

#59505 Oct 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's due to a loosening or an opening of a sphincter valve leading from stomach into the lower end of the esophagus that brings the digestive juices and gastric secretions into the chest region and at times into the mouth.
Blood pH is slightly alkaline - so, eat more alkaline foods (check with your nutritionist) and don't eat late at night and stay away from rich foods especially at dinner.
I cant resist, ask Frijoles, he is an expert on sphincters.
Voluntarist

United States

#59506 Oct 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Gallstones form when cholesterol and other things found in bile make stones. They can also form if the gallbladder does not empty as it should.
So, it boils down to a cholesterol rich diet and/or to genetic causes in case of the functional failure of the gall bladder to empty as it should unless the stones interfere with the outflow process.
Your MD is lazy/inefficient.
Change your MD.
If cholesterol is the cause of gall stones, change diet to bring cholesterol under control.
Stones originate in the liver.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59507 Oct 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What wider society? We already defined the limits of his following. Israeli, sephardic, and religious. Pretty small, considering.
HughBe---Again,Yosef is considered by his followers and the wider religious society – as a MASTER sage, or Maran, and the generation’s GREATEST authority on religious law. Hence, his health is no laughing matter.

Frijoles---What wider society?

HughBe--- Answer from extract, "wider religious society "

Frijoles--- Israeli, sephardic, and religious. Pretty small, considering.

HughBe--- Pretty small in relation to what?

Quantify the "WIDER RELIGIOUS SOCIETY"

Are you really calling the "WIDER RELIGIOUS SOCIETY" plus Yosef's group "pretty small"? Tell me about the LARGE group.

Get off the cocaine.
Voluntarist

United States

#59508 Oct 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a lot about financial investments (buying/selling/leasing prime real estate, making heavy investments in blue chip companies and buying/selling of precious metals like gold and platinum in bulk)....
Some observations from me -
Why have you changed 3 businesses over the past years - what I mean is that big time or successful business men simply don't fold up a business three times and then jump into some other business. Jumping from one business to another indicates a small enterprise or lack of business acumen or losses in all 3 attempts.
You could make book entries and deal with financial institutions and IT officials without needing the help of a qualified chartered accountant - does this mean that the scale of your former 3 businesses (that you gave up one after the other) was small or had a small client base and a modest turnover which is why you could work out the financial details on your own? This means that you know about the ins and outs of business laws, taxation structures/slabs, government policy and so on.
Do you travel abroad on business?
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a lot about financial investments (buying/selling/leasing prime real estate, making heavy investments in blue chip companies and buying/selling of precious metals like gold and platinum in bulk)....
Some observations from me -
Why have you changed 3 businesses over the past years - what I mean is that big time or successful business men simply don't fold up a business three times and then jump into some other business. Jumping from one business to another indicates a small enterprise or lack of business acumen or losses in all 3 attempts.
You could make book entries and deal with financial institutions and IT officials without needing the help of a qualified chartered accountant - does this mean that the scale of your former 3 businesses (that you gave up one after the other) was small or had a small client base and a modest turnover which is why you could work out the financial details on your own? This means that you know about the ins and outs of business laws, taxation structures/slabs, government policy and so on.
Do you travel abroad on business?
I had 3 businesses running at the same time, small retail operations that allowed me to make a decent living.
The only problem with that was the 80 hour work weeks, heavy overhead and lots of responsibilities.
I was entirely self financed, instead of opening the second and third operations I bought out 2 existing establishments for cheap because they were distressed. I invested lots on remodeling and increased revenues by 100% give or take.
What happened was that the market reached maximum penetration in 2000 and started a slow decline from 2001, each year declining 8 to 10% per year. It was easy to predict the viability of the business by 2010 would be poor.
Leases ran on the two buildings and developers bought the properties and told us we had to leave.
I was left with one business which lasted until 2012 until I finally shut it down because the market wasn't there anymore.
It wasn't anything that I did wrong, everyone shut down. Cant give too many details because that will divulge my identity.
But now I have 2 service type businesses running and profitable with a third I plan on opening shortly which I have been carefully watching and planning since 1996.
The best thing about it is that I will be completely diversified and I dont have to work more than 20-30 hours per week.
Glad that I am out of retail.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#59509 Oct 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Gallstones form when cholesterol and other things found in bile make stones. They can also form if the gallbladder does not empty as it should.
So, it boils down to a cholesterol rich diet and/or to genetic causes in case of the functional failure of the gall bladder to empty as it should unless the stones interfere with the outflow process.
Your MD is lazy/inefficient.
Change your MD.
If cholesterol is the cause of gall stones, change diet to bring cholesterol under control.
rabbee: gall stones - calcium oxalate. formed from oxalic acid in plants, combining with calcium in the body. eating plants high in oxalic acid such as rhubarb, will defiantly increase the risk of gall stones. making vegetarians, more susceptible to gall stones.
Voluntarist

United States

#59510 Oct 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Highly questionable.
Naturopaths lack modern diagnostic tools and have poor or nil knowledge about genetics, organ systems, blood chemistry, neuronal networks, metabolism and hormones, nutritional science and cell formation/function.
Lack of certain nutrients result in deficiency diseases which are a kind of lifestyle disease brought about by malnutrition or under-nutrition, right?
Why not consider a case of a surfeit of certain nutrients that also cause health problems?
Naturopaths can treat with good success rate certain lifestyle diseases and nothing else.
Inflammation is the cause of most diseases according to dr wallech, all that is needed is a diet without certain foods and maximizing absorption of nutrients.

No fried foods, processed meats with nitrates or nitrites, no oils , salad dressing or fake butter, you can eat tuna packed in water not oil.
No gluten, that is wheat, barley, rye or oats.
a 200 pound male can eat up to 8 to 10 eggs per day soft scrambled in butter.
I am on this particular diet and it has helped me immensely because I am gluten intolerant.
Eric

Knoxville, TN

#59511 Oct 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
The little boys are left for YOU, dear Eric.
Hey, if you are going to hold me responsible for what some obscure guy in Israel says that I've never heard of, then I am going to hold you accountable for what all Blacks of African descent do, especially those who are Jamaican. If one is a cannibal, then you are all cannibals. Especially those of you who admit eating defenseless women.
Eric

Knoxville, TN

#59512 Oct 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Again,Yosef is considered by his followers and the wider religious society – as a MASTER sage, or Maran, and the generation’s GREATEST authority on religious law. Hence, his health is no laughing matter.
Frijoles---What wider society?
HughBe--- Answer from extract, "wider religious society "
Frijoles--- Israeli, sephardic, and religious. Pretty small, considering.
HughBe--- Pretty small in relation to what?
Quantify the "WIDER RELIGIOUS SOCIETY"
Are you really calling the "WIDER RELIGIOUS SOCIETY" plus Yosef's group "pretty small"? Tell me about the LARGE group.
Get off the cocaine.
In relation to what? In relation to world wide Jewry as a whole. Israeli Sephardic Jews are a small minority of world wide Jewry. I've never heard of this guy. Frijoles has never heard of this guy. Neither of us would follow him across the street. We don't agree with what he says. His being Israeli "orthodox" means by definition that I as a US Reform Jew are against his principles. There are reasons why I am a Reform Jew, and he is one of them.

Only 10% of American Jews are "orthodox". This study was published yesterday by the Pew group in the Washington Post:

"On one side are the reform and secular Jews who make up 65 percent of the U.S. Jewish population, sometimes joined by the 17 percent who identify with conservative Judaism. This group is more likely to worry about or criticize Israeli policies toward Palestinians. It's less likely to claim an emotional attachment to Israel and less likely still to argue that the country was promised to Jews by G-d.
"On the other side are the small minority of Orthodox Jews – about 10 percent of American Jews – joined by America's much larger community of white Evangelical Christians."

Did you see that? The Evangelical Christians are more likely to be aligned with the Orthodox than the vast number of American Jews.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#59513 Oct 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

It is 52 plus 52 plus ?= better than most on EARTH.
Mon, you're a born GENIUS.

I salute you with my feet and testicles.

ha ha ha

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#59514 Oct 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Get wisdom also. I warned you in the early days when I started to exchange ideas with you but you could not see the merit in what I said, then.
Wisdom is a play on words...

Without keen intelligence, wisdom is a hollow word.

What do you mean by wisdom?

Was Jesus wise? Give a few examples of his wisdom and then we'll analyze his pearls of wisdom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: RGM Realty (Mar '15) Mon lol 4
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul 9 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul 5 mrtnz1955 2
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Jun 29 Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun '16 Tiger37 1
The secrets to success (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dorthea Lantagne 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages