Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,117)

Showing posts 42,321 - 42,340 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

WHO is doing the posting?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

(please dont take that as a negative comment..)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

QUESTION:

Consider the wave-particle duality.

Measurements like the one involving the double-slit experiment can demonstrate one or the other, but not both, phenomena at a particular moment.

The principle of complementarity explains this as being due to the very nature of the measuring devices used.

A measuring device may be designed to investigate or demonstrate either the particle or wave aspects, but the demonstration of one necessarily precludes the possibility of simultaneously demonstrating the other, because the object being measured is unavoidably affected by the measurement.

It is impossible to design a measuring device that demonstrates both phenomena simultaneously not because of lack of creativity on the part of the experimenter, but simply because such a device is literally inconceivable.

1) Why is this so? Why can't both aspects of one object - its wave and particulate nature - be investigated or demonstrated simultaneously?

2) Is the measuring instrument part of the event being observed/measured? An omnijective context? Can the observer be independent of the observed?

NOTE: Bohr implies that it is not possible to regard objects governed by quantum mechanics as having intrinsic properties independent of determination with a measuring device.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
WHO is doing the posting?
The i in I in THAT.

Ha ha ha ha ha
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

To conform with the extruded cylindrical pipe beneath.

Plus, it means that you don't have to turn the cover to fit the opening as it is universally symmetrical.
No, it's not that.

See, if a manhole cover is a square of side a then the length of its diagonal is a x (2)^1/2 or a times square root 2 = a x 1.41 = 1.41 a.

This diagonal length (1.41 a) of a square is greater by a factor 0.41 when compared to its side which is a or by 41 % and so the square cover can easily slide into the manhole along the diagonal and will have to be replaced often and besides it is also a waste of metal to construct a shape like a square that has a larger surface area.

On the other hand, if a manhole cover is circular, its semi-perimeter or half its circumference is (2 x pi x r)/2 = pi x r = 3.14 x r, whereas the diameter of a circle is 2r.

So, we clearly see that 3.14 r (half the circumference or any half of the round cover) is greater in measure than the diameter of the circle (2r) by a factor: 3.14r - 2r = 1.14r.

So, the circular cover of the manhole will not slide into the manhole and besides the circular shape has a smaller surface area and thus would use less metal for its fabrication.

This is my logic.

Best Regards.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

SCHROEDINGER'S CAT, BOHR & PURE CONSCIOUSNESS:

Schröedinger's Cat did not pose any riddle to Bohr.

The cat would be dead or alive long before we open the box to find out.

What Bohr claimed was, however, that the state of the object and the state of the instrument are dynamically INSEPARABLE during the interaction.

COMMENTS:

QUOTE - "What Bohr claimed was, however, that the state of the object and the state of the instrument are dynamically inseparable during the interaction."

JOEL -

1) The problem with this observation attributed to Bohr is that the observer has designed and fabricated the measuring instrument keeping in mind the specific properties of the object that he wishes to measure and besides while operating the measuring device he employs other instruments like his mind and senses that're part of the investigation under progress.

2) The cat, too, is a sentient creature depending on whether it is alive or dead but expressed sentience of a reasonably high order is what distinguishes the live cat from matter which on the surface appears insentient but its precise functioning and the order we encounter in its structure and operations indicates an involved intelligent principle at work. Blind physical laws, chance and molecular pulls and pushes cannot explain the order and purpose we see everywhere in the universe and in self.

3) Activity is a sign of energy and order, precision and purpose suggest an inherent consciousness at work.

4) Since, activity of the atomic or sentient kind involves the use of energy and as matter and sentient object are in fact forms of precisely formulated bits of information-in-energy at work, the clear inference is that consciousness inheres in energy which accounts for the information content and the various degrees of precision and order that're encountered as a result of this in nature and self.

5) So, activity, order and purpose go hand in hand and this then brings us the inarguable conclusion that consciousness and energy form a unified system - a unified field of consciousness-energy - in the absence of which neither the well-ordered cosmos nor self in the individual as an aspect of the cosmos could have arisen.

6) Supramental states, Mind, Vital, Matter are the various manifested modes of the unified field of consciousness-energy.

7) As consciousness and energy are self-existent as they can neither be created nor destroyed, so the unified field of consciousness-energy is the ultimate reality. What need, then, for the extra-cosmic and anthropopathic God or G-d who creates from nothing?(smiles)

THE ULTIMATE QUESTION:

“Kasminu Bhagvo Vigyate Sarvmindh Vigyatam Bhavati”

(“What Is THAT by knowing which everything else is known?")

- The Upanishads.

ANSWER:

PURE CONSCIOUSNESS with its inherent component of PURE ENERGY.

When all activity at the cosmic or individual ceases or when the Manifestation is withdrawn into the Unified Field, all activity enters a state of suspension and so the Energy part of the system enters a state of dormancy and what remains in manifest form is only Pure Consciousness.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

BOTTOMLINE:

As consciousness and energy are self-existent as they can neither be created nor destroyed, so the unified field of consciousness-energy is the ultimate reality. What need, then, for the fictitious extra-cosmic and anthropopathic God or G-d who creates from nothing?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Bye, everyone.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

QUESTION:

Schroedinger's cat can be both dead and alive at the same time? How?

(smiles)
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

So, in 42425 postings, have you guys come up with any solutions or compromises that will address the original problems? Sounds like never ending arguments. You all will never agree on idealogies or religions. Faith is what you are comfortable with, be happy with what you have. I see why the conflicts in Israel and the surrounding areas never get resolved. This small topix forum thread is proof of inabilities to compromise and address the root of problems or perceived problems if they truly are problems.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

idgaf wrote:
So, in 42425 postings, have you guys come up with any solutions or compromises that will address the original problems? Sounds like never ending arguments. You all will never agree on idealogies or religions. Faith is what you are comfortable with, be happy with what you have. I see why the conflicts in Israel and the surrounding areas never get resolved. This small topix forum thread is proof of inabilities to compromise and address the root of problems or perceived problems if they truly are problems.
what problems are you referring to?
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Assuming that the problem or topic needing some kind of worldly resolution is ....

Or, it's just a forum for differences of opinions I suppose ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

idgaf wrote:
Assuming that the problem or topic needing some kind of worldly resolution is ....
'
oh that
idgaf wrote:
Or, it's just a forum for differences of opinions I suppose ...
ahhhh....you are on to something

seriously - there are some amusing and/or interesting conversations to be had here, but sometime it takes a bit of winnowing....and perserverance...

and none of it has much to do with the topic in the narrow sense.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

A CLOSER LOOK AT THE KATHA UPANISHAD - THE PSYCHIC:

"The Self that is subtler than the subtle and greater than the great is seated in the heart of every creature. One who is free from desire sees the glory of the Self through the tranquillity of the mind and senses and becomes absolved from grief."

- Katha Upanishad

NOTE: The sage of the above Upanishadic observation born of direct experience has touched on the subject of the psychic rather superficially. My analysis given under COMMENTS is much deeper - Joel.

COMMENTS:

1) The sage has realized the essence of the lower self which is the psychic being located in the force field corresponding to the cardiac center in the middle of the chest region.

2) This psychic being is the true soul in man that organizes and governs the lower triple planes of mind, vital and matter that constitute the frontal personality.

3) The psychic is a projection of the cosmic self that in turn is an aspect of the supracosmic self and this is seen as a direct line of consciousness-energy put forth by the unified field of consciousness-energy (absolute).

4) The sage says that this self in the heart - the psychic - is perceived when desires are absolved and the mind and senses made tranquil (through purification, aspiration and concentration).

5) The mind proper is basically concerned with cognizance and reason but certain lower aspects of the mind consciousness-energy penetrate the vital and it is in this part that vital sensations take mental form as thoughts.

6) This mind-in-vital then influences the physical force fields in the gross body that consequently act on the brain and hormonal glands with physical action being the final result.

7) So, when the instrumental parts of mind, vital and body are sufficiently pure and indrawn then the true organizer in the being which is the psychic effulges from its subliminal station in the cardiac force field and begins dominating the triple sheaths (mind, vital and body) in potent and visible ways. The sage enters trance and his psychic gets fully activated, comes to the forefront and psychichizes his instrumental parts with all the attendant supernatural signs and transcendental knowledge and paranormal powers manifesting in him.

8) The awakened psychic activates the dormant or feebly active force connections with the universal Mind, Vital and Physical currents and the individual's consciousness-energy field takes on a universal form beyond the narrow and impotent restrictions of individuality that trap him in his petty frontal personality. Selections of various grades of consciousness-energy collectively form the individual with the varied force centers located in the fields in the body as well as above the head and these in turn are linked to their universal or cosmic equivalents.

9) To ascend beyond mind into the supramental planes via the awakened psychic and to cause these to descend into the psychic, mind, vital and physical force fields of the individual and to connect these to their vast cosmic equivalents is a grand process called supramentalization - the first dawn of perfection of mind, vital and body while in the body on earth.

10) To ascend beyond the supermind into the higher cosmic realms is a still more arduous discipline.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

QUOTES FROM FAMOUS SCIENTISTS:

1) "I go into the Upanishads to ask questions."

- Niels Bohr

2) "This life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not so constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is what the Brahmins express in that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear; tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such words as I am in the east and the west, I am above and below, I am this entire world.?"

- Erwin Schrodinger

3) "A millennium before Europeans were wiling to divest themselves of the Biblical idea that the world was a few thousand years old, the Mayans were thinking of millions and the Hindus billions."

- Carl Sagan

4) "Vedanta teaches that consciousness is singular, all happenings are played out in one universal consciousness and there is no multiplicity of selves."

- Erwin Schrodinger

5) "When I read the Bhagavad Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous."

- Albert Einstein
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

TAT TVAM ASI - THAT Thou art.

Yeah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
TAT TVAM ASI - THAT Thou art.
Yeah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not that.
See, if a manhole cover is a square of side a then the length of its diagonal is a x (2)^1/2 or a times square root 2 = a x 1.41 = 1.41 a.
This diagonal length (1.41 a) of a square is greater by a factor 0.41 when compared to its side which is a or by 41 % and so the square cover can easily slide into the manhole along the diagonal and will have to be replaced often and besides it is also a waste of metal to construct a shape like a square that has a larger surface area.
On the other hand, if a manhole cover is circular, its semi-perimeter or half its circumference is (2 x pi x r)/2 = pi x r = 3.14 x r, whereas the diameter of a circle is 2r.
So, we clearly see that 3.14 r (half the circumference or any half of the round cover) is greater in measure than the diameter of the circle (2r) by a factor: 3.14r - 2r = 1.14r.
So, the circular cover of the manhole will not slide into the manhole and besides the circular shape has a smaller surface area and thus would use less metal for its fabrication.
This is my logic.
Best Regards.
You're a very smart person, and full of knowledge. Just not very wise.
Ever learning, but not able to come to the "TRUTH "
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

That girl who sells that flexi hose on tv is fine bro! The nice tall brunette. She is fine as candy! Short hair. They have her in two parts of the commercial with different outfits! fine as candy. Wow! Maybe I can order a flexi hose and they will send me a picture? You think?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a very smart person, and full of knowledge. Just not very wise.
Ever learning, but not able to come to the "TRUTH "
Every religion has it's own version of the "Truth". I assume you know this and is why you employed the use of the parenthetical.

Tell me. How do you judge something such as a specific religion to be "True". Is it a subjective feeling you have or do you have an objective yard stick? If the latter, what is that yard stick? If the former, then I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,321 - 42,340 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••