Angry parents demand ouster of Cobre High School principal

Full story: Silver City Sun-News

A group of outraged parents stood across the street from Cobre High School on Thursday holding signs in protest of the continued employment of Principal Eric Martinez, who has been accused by a parents' group ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Concerned Tax Payer

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 9, 2008
 
Someone needs to gather all these articles and mail them to the Questa School Board
Concerned Tax Payer

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 10, 2008
 
Questa Independent School District
P.O. BOX 440
1 MILE N. HWY. 522
QUESTA, NEW MEXICO 87556
way to rally

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 10, 2008
 
i think it is great that our community is coming together finally for the sake of our children and their education. i have a feeling that there is no job offer for martinez in questa or any where else in new mexico if they check on his old background records. let the support keep coming and the encouragement for the future of our children and their desire to attend cobre high school.
Jessica

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 10, 2008
 
Maybe what should be posted are the individuals that constantly cause trouble at school, are in gangs, bring drugs, fight and vandalize the school as well as Mr. Martinez' property!!! Most importantly the PROUD educated parents should also be named right next to their child!!! Maybe after seeing their name over and over and over they might want to take classes on how to be a better role model or better yet how to DICIPLINE their OWN children!!!
What do all these parents picketing against Mr. Martinez have in common?
1. They have the poor victim syndrome.
2. They definitely would not be picketing if their children were the role model students.
And last they OBVIOUSLY fail to take responsibility for their childrens actions.
Bottom line it is not Mr. Martinez that should be blamed it is in FACT the parents who enable these children to act or behave they way they do without fearing any consequences!
I can hardly wait to see how Cobre High School does next year!!!! YOU GO PROUD PICKETING PARENTS!!! Maybe next year you can get a float and really do it up!!!
James Garcia

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 10, 2008
 
Go Jessica. You are spot on. The reality is, this community is supporting this type of behavior and "rallying" behind the people picketing is absurd. The lady (Leticia Morales) pictured holding a sign does not even have a child that attends Cobre High. Her child is in the middle school. Is she practicing for next year?
When Mr. Martinez is cleared of wrongdoing (and he will), we will see how the "community" comes together when Mr. Martinez files suit for Libel and/or Slander. Look up the definitions. The elements have already been met.
Since the parents cannot hold their children accountable, maybe the children can witnes it in action when their parents lose everthing to be made accountable for attempting to damage the reputation of others. Stories like this are good for selling papers, bad for lawsuits.
Mad Mimbres Res

Reserve, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 12, 2008
 
Because of a complete remodel at Snell Middle School all of the students from there are at Cobre for the next year or so. That's how she has experience with Mr. Martinez. Maybe you people from out of the area should get the facts.
Jessica

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 12, 2008
 
Mad Mimbres Res wrote:
Because of a complete remodel at Snell Middle School all of the students from there are at Cobre for the next year or so. That's how she has experience with Mr. Martinez. Maybe you people from out of the area should get the facts.
So what is your point?
So she has experiened what?
So basically her child does not go to Cobre High?
Have you asked what Mr. Martinez does with the children that are caught with drugs or get into fights or disrupt the school?
I personally feel that they should be thrown out, but instead he finds programs for drug abuse, I could go on, on how he finds resolutions to keep them in school but since you HAVE 1st hand information from some lady who doesn't have a child at Cobre HIGH school you and her must know everything!
I pray for you teachers!
The only individuals I feel sorry for are the teachers!
They will miss Mr. Martinez!
Bobbie Grimes

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 13, 2008
 
Whoa! To all of you “experts” on Cobre High who are not in the County of Grant State of New Mexico… Hello Gladys Kravitz. Here is the name of a student with his parents that has been racially profiled by Martinez; Dennis Grimes, Student; Bobbie Grimes, Mother; Ken Scoggin Step-dad. My son is not a trouble making, drug addicted, gang banging, hoodlum that you want people to believe these kids are. After my son being racially profiled to my face I removed him, and now (6 months later) he has his GED and is making A’s at WNMU. Martinez has no claim to my son’s achievements. It’s because I want my children to have letters behind their name. Not the stigma of being manager of Burger King. So before a bunch of non local people start profiling Cobre students and teachers, walk a mile in our shoes and make sure of your facts.
Jessica

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 20, 2008
 
Bobbie Grimes wrote:
Whoa! To all of you “experts” on Cobre High who are not in the County of Grant State of New Mexico… Hello Gladys Kravitz. Here is the name of a student with his parents that has been racially profiled by Martinez; Dennis Grimes, Student; Bobbie Grimes, Mother; Ken Scoggin Step-dad. My son is not a trouble making, drug addicted, gang banging, hoodlum that you want people to believe these kids are. After my son being racially profiled to my face I removed him, and now (6 months later) he has his GED and is making A’s at WNMU. Martinez has no claim to my son’s achievements. It’s because I want my children to have letters behind their name. Not the stigma of being manager of Burger King. So before a bunch of non local people start profiling Cobre students and teachers, walk a mile in our shoes and make sure of your facts.
Liars Liars!!
Bobbie "I know everything" Isn't your kid the one who had a hit list of some sort?
I think all the kids do feel safer now that he is gone!
Seriously if you had a individual apply for a job in a suit versus items purchased from "hot topic" or whavever gothic store you all shop, honestly who do you think they would choose!
Why would you allow your child to wear such attire!
I think the truth is coming out! Thank God the individuals see past all the lies that were put on Mr. Martinez.
Now maybe you can find something else to do with your time Ms. Grimes.
I know, maybe you should be in charge of the picketing float for next year!
Oh maybe you all will find a small town "yes" individual to be principal.
Like I said before, good luck teachers! We are praying for you!
Concerned Citizen

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 23, 2008
 
Wow Jessica...are you Mr. Martinez's wife? At any rate you are extremely angry and closed minded....perhaps you need some counseling
Concerned Citizen

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 23, 2008
 
Oh and one more thing Jessica...I have several friends who teach for the Cobre District...and the overwhelming response is a total unhappiness with Mr. Martinez and the environment of Cobre High School...there won't be many who will miss him
Jessica

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 31, 2008
 
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Wow Jessica...are you Mr. Martinez's wife? At any rate you are extremely angry and closed minded....perhaps you need some counseling
No Bobbie Grimes, I am not and I am far from being a Bobbie Grimes!
I am not angry nor do I need conseling, just speaking the truth!
Who I think needs conseling are the parents in your area who allow their children to do drugs freely, ruin school property and let their kids run freely without manners or dicipline!
By where you shop and how you speak I picture someone right out of a Jerry Springer show!
Poor small town mentality!
Jessica

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 31, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Concerned Citizen wrote:
Oh and one more thing Jessica...I have several friends who teach for the Cobre District...and the overwhelming response is a total unhappiness with Mr. Martinez and the environment of Cobre High School...there won't be many who will miss him
Well we'll see next year!
That will tell it all!
How sad it was to see the teachers upset at graduation! I am really sure they are all so happy as your stated that Mr. Martinez will be gone, sure!!!
Make sure next year you intelligent parents learn how to spell when you make your picket signs for the next principal! Shame on you parents!
Hey Bobbie Grimes, since you are so educated maybe you should apply for the Principal position!
Guess what

Hartley, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 23, 2013
 
Guess what Cobre district? Chama valley school district inherited your idiot Eric Martinez.
Anonymous

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 24, 2013
 
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars Liars!!
Bobbie "I know everything" Isn't your kid the one who had a hit list of some sort?
I think all the kids do feel safer now that he is gone!
Seriously if you had a individual apply for a job in a suit versus items purchased from "hot topic" or whavever gothic store you all shop, honestly who do you think they would choose!
Why would you allow your child to wear such attire!
I think the truth is coming out! Thank God the individuals see past all the lies that were put on Mr. Martinez.
Now maybe you can find something else to do with your time Ms. Grimes.
I know, maybe you should be in charge of the picketing float for next year!
Oh maybe you all will find a small town "yes" individual to be principal.
Like I said before, good luck teachers! We are praying for you!
Nice try, lady. Next time, however, you should get your facts straight.
Old Man

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Who cares about this low life Mexican run school, who cares...after they graduate they will be on food stamps, and hud and on my tax dollar.....that is life and I guess I have to live with it.
Student

Sandia Park, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 13, 2013
 
Wow.....and adults are supposed to be more mature than adolescents. He was a mean and unreasonable principal, and he probably did base his punishment on race and gender. But, can we also acknowledge how over half the community and schools base everyone on their family? Look at everyone who does better and is more likeable by teachers; people with familiar parents or family and their 100 plus cousins. It's gross, almost incest! Everyone in this community needs to grow up!
Dennis Grimes

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 27, 2014
 
I am saying this for closure. Eric Martinez was an asshole. I am NOT a criminal. I am living a better life now that I am out of that school. Whether you believe me or not, I honestly don't care. Jessica, I thank you for your opinion, but that is all it ever was. An opinion. If you have anything bad to tell me, Message me on Facebook instead of talking behind my back. If not, then go back under your bridge and forever be known as the clueless troll you really are. My facebook is http://www.facebook.com/leviathanscythe

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••