Americans get too much health care, d...

Americans get too much health care, doctors say

There are 68 comments on the CBS News story from Sep 27, 2011, titled Americans get too much health care, doctors say. In it, CBS News reports that:

At a time when many Americans say they're having trouble getting good health care, a new survey of doctors said just the opposite.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#65 Sep 30, 2011
CHEECH wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent rationalization. I don't buy it for a minute.
In the piece I watched with little Rand he said that he "opposes" the new regs because he is opposed to the "notion" of new regulation. Pure and simple. Nothing about taking an afternoon or any of that ****.
You paint Libertarians as a crowd of reasonable folks who just want to be more circumspect when passing new laws.****. It's arrogant and delusional to think you Troglodytes are the only people who try to study and consider the ramifications of legislation.
Some folks take pure **** and turn it into gold.
"Troglodyte seems to have emerged from the mists of time untouched by human evolution. Devoid of a single progressive idea and lacking the slightest awareness of social and cultural advances, Troglodyte has developed an incoherent political philosophy that he characterizes as "conservative" or "libertarian", but which could be more accurately described as "bigoted narcissism"...."
Same old ranting. You resort to expletives and name-calling. Buzzfriendly has your number (it’s the same thing a good father would do for his child before they a mistake.)and it rattles the devil out of you. We are your worst nightmare, young educated conservative independents who think freely, not along party lines. C'est la vie...

Since: Oct 07

Bean Town.

#66 Sep 30, 2011
buyerbeware wrote:
<quoted text>Same old ranting. You resort to expletives and name-calling. Buzzfriendly has your number (it’s the same thing a good father would do for his child before they a mistake.)and it rattles the devil out of you. We are your worst nightmare, young educated conservative independents who think freely, not along party lines. C'est la vie...
You don't demonstrate "free-thinking"! Post after post you toe the party line. You give high fives to any goofball who spews the TeaBag creed. You have yet to demonstrated being particularly educated. You do strike me as young. As in immature and inexperienced. Such is life....

Since: Oct 07

Bean Town.

#67 Sep 30, 2011
buzzfriendly wrote:
That is the exact reply I would expect and reaffirms what I stated earlier about oil and water liberals and facts. I know you guys hate to deal with facts and hate to get down in the weeds with respect to regulation but ignoring them doesn’t make them go away. And you have the nerve to call me a “Troglodyte “. If you truly want change then you first need to understand what you are changing. First Rand’s quote ““I believe legislation should have open debate and votes,” Paul, R-Ky., said in a statement Wednesday.“It need not take weeks. Certainly we could spend an afternoon for the people’s elected representatives to discuss whether they got massive new regulations right.” http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201109... |mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE
I also notice you made no effort to state what the purposed regulations are, why they are needed, if they are or are not currently addressed under other regulations, the cost, and what if any programs that will be cut to fund them. So who is the real “Troglodyte“? As the above article states “The Senate’s Democratic leaders want the bill passed using a fast-track procedure —“ No discussion, no explanation…..nada just pass it and shut up. Do you really want more regulation or appropriate regulation? Or are you going on circular logic, a democrat, said it, I believe it and that settles it? Or do you want to actually improve pipeline safety? You can go on all day long with your Troglodyte definitions which are best irrelevant, meaningless and disillusioned distractions but I will call your ass to the carpet each and every time.
I read the article in the Republican leaning Gannett owned paper. With trepidation, I'll take little Rands spokesmonkey's word on this. He just wants more discussion and deliberation. What a guy.
As far as regulation goes, I'd like to know that the gas pipeline that runs under my land is safer than the ones that have blown up recently! There has been a rash of explosions and that's why all sides agree something needs to be done.
As far as offsets to pay for it, I hope the take it out of some of the corporate welfare programs or the bloated military industrial complex. No one would notice except a few contractors.
Does your girlfriend know that you're using her picture as an avatar?

“68 65 6c 6c 6f”

Since: Mar 11

Richmond, VA

#68 Sep 30, 2011
You’re a real mental midget. I truly pity you.

“As far as regulation goes, I'd like to know that the gas pipeline that runs under my land is safer than the ones that have blown up recently!”

Well now if you and our politicians would READ the bill then you would know what it contains then your question would be answered. That is Rand’s point and I rest my case.

“As far as offsets to pay for it, I hope the take it out of some of the corporate welfare programs or the bloated military industrial complex. No one would notice except a few contractors”

Again, if you and our politicians would READ the bill then you would know what it contains then your question would be answered. That is Rand’s point and I rest my case…..again.

“Does your girlfriend know that you're using her picture as an avatar?”

Out of the mouths of babes.
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#69 Sep 30, 2011
CHEECH wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't demonstrate "free-thinking"! Post after post you toe the party line. You give high fives to any goofball who spews the TeaBag creed. You have yet to demonstrated being particularly educated. You do strike me as young. As in immature and inexperienced. Such is life....
According to your opinion...which we have established means nothing.
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#70 Sep 30, 2011
CHEECH wrote:
<quoted text>I read the article in the Republican leaning Gannett owned paper. With trepidation, I'll take little Rands spokesmonkey's word on this. He just wants more discussion and deliberation. What a guy.
As far as regulation goes, I'd like to know that the gas pipeline that runs under my land is safer than the ones that have blown up recently! There has been a rash of explosions and that's why all sides agree something needs to be done.
As far as offsets to pay for it, I hope the take it out of some of the corporate welfare programs or the bloated military industrial complex. No one would notice except a few contractors.
Does your girlfriend know that you're using her picture as an avatar?
For someone who purports to be "helping out" in their community, I can only imagine what those people you are helping think of you, if something as simple as these posters can reduce you to name calling and insults. I bet those people you "help" would rather not have your help. If you manage to keep a tight lip, and speak this way bout them to others, you are a bigot. Too bad. You give Democrats a bad name
Pug

La Grange, IL

#71 Oct 2, 2011
Emile Zola

San Antonio, TX

#72 Oct 12, 2011
Well, doctors, let me pull a Bill Clinton here and ask you: Define health care. If you mean that health care that puts, supposdely the most powerful nation a la par of Cuba, then you don't know what health care means. We are 37 in the industrialized nations standings and that my dear doctors, is nothing to write home about. People, for most,want to copy, imitate the best, not the worst. Now if you doctors tell me that you are too busy prescribing drugs for our drug addicted population and this endeavour doesn't leave you time to take care of the sick, then come out and say it so; don't beat around the bush. You don't call a swallow a summer, nor the exemption to the rule the rule. I'll tell you how to get more free time to take care of the sick: Don't prescribe so many drupgs to Rush Limbaugh and if you see a Mexican maid coming to purchase more drugs for herr Limbaugh, send her to Dr. Murray; he will know how to "fix" his problem. Michael Jackson did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Letter to Bill Bryson on Cancer Nov '16 wjabbe 3
News Are some kids genetically more vulnerable to fo... Nov '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Dartmouth Green on the campus of Dartmouth Coll... Aug '16 Dartmouth Jumps W... 5
News Business in the Arts Awards to be held in May (Apr '16) Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
The War on Culture Destroys a Kentucky Derby Pa... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Culture Auditor 1
Vote For Bernie Sanders To Save Social Security... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Senior Citizens 1
News Warm winter temps cause for concern about NH's ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages