'Dramatic evidence' of Arctic melt, e...

'Dramatic evidence' of Arctic melt, experts warn

There are 561 comments on the www.msnbc.msn.com story from Oct 16, 2008, titled 'Dramatic evidence' of Arctic melt, experts warn. In it, www.msnbc.msn.com reports that:

Autumn temperatures in the Arctic are at record highs, the Arctic Ocean is getting warmer and less salty as sea ice melts, and reindeer herds appear to be declining, researchers reported Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.msnbc.msn.com.

First Prev
of 29
Next Last

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#2 Oct 16, 2008
Maybe Al Gore is right !!
But nevermind our earth,just go ahead an continue driving the SUV's an burning tires..we'll be okay,our children will pay the consequences.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#3 Oct 16, 2008
triple6vamp wrote:
Maybe Al Gore is right !!
But nevermind our earth,just go ahead an continue driving the SUV's an burning tires..we'll be okay,our children will pay the consequences.
What are you saying? That my daughter insn't going to have grand kids? Are you predicting a living hell on earth for future generations?

WaltBennett

Since: Jan 07

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#4 Oct 16, 2008
So basically your stance is to find a way to rebut anything that even hints at a possible AGW signal.

In this case you set up a straw man and wait to knock it down.

You're becoming a bit of a johnny-one-note.

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#5 Oct 16, 2008
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying? That my daughter insn't going to have grand kids? Are you predicting a living hell on earth for future generations?
The prelude is all around you,happening right now.Massive flooding,tornadoes in all months of the year,hurricanes destroying whole towns.This is just a reality check,the worse is yet to come.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Near Detroit

#6 Oct 16, 2008
triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
The prelude is all around you,happening right now.Massive flooding,tornadoes in all months of the year,hurricanes destroying whole towns.This is just a reality check,the worse is yet to come.
You global warmers come in all shapes don't you? You don't sound anything like Waltbennet for example.
Isn't this just weather? 2006 didn't ........aha YOU GOT ME!
Yer pullin my leg. You don't really think that bad weather is global warming?
good one, thanks.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Near Detroit

#7 Oct 16, 2008
triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey we both live in London, you in USA and me in Cccccanada. Burr! Cold.
We had our coldest winter in 12 years, a wet cool summer and one of the nicest falls in memory with clear blue skys and fresh air.
This winter is predicted to be the coldest in more years than most of the posters her are old.
What kind of weather do you like?
Adrian in Tacoma

Auburn, WA

#8 Oct 16, 2008
The farmers almanac predicts a catastrophic winter for this year, probably wet and muddy along the coasts - and burratious amidst the interior. Haven't had to step on any Canuck Geese poopules, they haven't been hanging out awhile like old times...

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#9 Oct 16, 2008
I like the fall months,when everything seems to slow down.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Near Detroit

#10 Oct 16, 2008
triple6vamp wrote:
I like the fall months,when everything seems to slow down.
I hope and I pray that some day we will be able to stabalize our climate so it will be like it used to be: LIKE THE INSIDE OF AN INDOOR SHOPPING MALL.
-safe, predictable, controled and natural.
Fallen One with Brains

Lommel, Belgium

#11 Oct 16, 2008
who the f# cares, it's your fault for bringing children into this sick world..now live with it.
Wake up FQQLZ

Jerseyville, IL

#12 Oct 16, 2008
That's why the idiot from Arizona chose an idiot from Alaska. Both states begin with "A" and we know "Joes".

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Near Detroit

#13 Oct 16, 2008
Wake up FQQLZ wrote:
That's why the idiot from Arizona chose an idiot from Alaska. Both states begin with "A" and we know "Joes".
Proving once again that global warming is only politics, not science after all.
The emergencey is over!!!!!!!

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#14 Oct 16, 2008
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope and I pray that some day we will be able to stabalize our climate so it will be like it used to be: LIKE THE INSIDE OF AN INDOOR SHOPPING MALL.
-safe, predictable, controled and natural.
Those days are gone forever unfortunately,but we can delay our destruction if we would all live smarter.Weve become slaves to the automobile,take japan for one example.They used to be a nation of bike riders now you'll be lucky to find a few.Here in the USA we gotta drive our car 2 blocks to get milk.Dont get me mixed up with those extreme crazy environmentalists,I just hate watching our earth be destroyed when it can be prevented.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#16 Oct 16, 2008
triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
More Chicken Littles. The sky is falling!!!

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#17 Oct 16, 2008
Carbon historically -190-280ppm
1958 - 315ppm
Today- 370ppm
Has not exceeded 370ppm for at least 420,000 and up to 2 million years.
Projection - 540-970ppm by end of century.

This data was taken from air pockets in glaciers.

About 50% of carbon pollutions comes from automobile exhaust. 40% from energy production mainly coal.

of U.S. electricity provided by coal.

We (the people of earth) are putting 70 million tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere every day.

Burn one gallon of gasoline and you release 20 pounds of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#18 Oct 16, 2008
mixed wrote:
Carbon historically -190-280ppm
1958 - 315ppm
Today- 370ppm
Has not exceeded 370ppm for at least 420,000 and up to 2 million years.
Projection - 540-970ppm by end of century.
This data was taken from air pockets in glaciers.
About 50% of carbon pollutions comes from automobile exhaust. 40% from energy production mainly coal.
of U.S. electricity provided by coal.
We (the people of earth) are putting 70 million tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere every day.
Burn one gallon of gasoline and you release 20 pounds of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
And one volcanic eruption will top all of that. I see you left that little bit of info out. But thats because it would not fit into to your end of days scenario.

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#19 Oct 16, 2008
USAmerican wrote:
ffuukk off ...
seas freeze and thaw
the earth heats and cools
get off your ass and take care of your self and your own garden
Your being a tad bit harsh dont you think.
curry is nuts

Perth, Australia

#20 Oct 16, 2008
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You global warmers come in all shapes don't you? You don't sound anything like Waltbennet for example.
good one, thanks.
Eat sun you fool.
Live from Bolivia

Santa Cruz, Bolivia

#21 Oct 17, 2008
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>
good one, thanks.
Easy for the world's most polluting countries to say. Now if you come from a country that causes less than 0,6% of the Earth's pollution and you still have to pay the consequences for what others have done, you might have a totally different perspective.

“Put the X Back in X-Mas.”

Since: Feb 08

Norman, Oklahoma

#22 Oct 17, 2008
Remember, Global Warming is a lie; this isn't actually happening.

The polar bears are just doing some feng shui...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Professor Mark Bray of Dartmouth molested me ..... Aug 31 Shelly 1
News Dartmouth Green on the campus of Dartmouth Coll... (Aug '16) Feb '17 Maltamon 7
Letter to Bill Bryson on Cancer (Nov '16) Nov '16 wjabbe 3
News Are some kids genetically more vulnerable to fo... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Business in the Arts Awards to be held in May (Apr '16) Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
The War on Culture Destroys a Kentucky Derby Pa... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Culture Auditor 1
News Warm winter temps cause for concern about NH's ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages