Upper Connecticut River Valley, New H...

Upper Connecticut River Valley, New Hampshire

There are 1 comment on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 11, 2008, titled Upper Connecticut River Valley, New Hampshire. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The Upper Valley, as this area is known locally, consists of the west-central portion of New Hampshire stretching from Claremont and the Lake Sunapee region in the south to the Lebanon and Hanover region in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Doug Van Gorder

Albany, NY

#1 Mar 25, 2008
Not for profit ?? Charities exposed.....

Welcome to the world of philanthropy readers.Times are at there worst for the north country and this deadly cold makes the conditions more grave. We need answers to the many problems that plaque our struggling communities but must be extremely cautious for the predators lurk in the shadows waiting for there prey. How can you investigate charitable organizations that advance while we sit paralyzed from economic disaster. Answer: A genuine charity or law - abiding fund raiser should be willing to send you any information you request ( audited financial statements ) and most will send you it's latest I.R.S. form 990 on demand. Daniel Borochoff ( president of the American Institute of Philantrophy ) warns that many charities misreport their fund-raising as " program developement " , " public education " and other misomers. A good fact finding website on the internet is ( guidestar.org ) which has data on more than 850,000 I.R.S. recognized non-profits and posts 990 Forms for many. The I.R.S. document is public information so hold on folks for the shock might blow you away!! It did to me and I've been around NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS for almost 20 years in over 40 states throughout this country. I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. This experience has had a traumatic impact on my life but I prevailed and today I stand stronger then ever vigilantly fighting to keep our communities properly informed and protected from the hidden dangers. Remember people knowledge is power !! My final words to the citezens of the north country who took the time to read this article. Please be careful for your hard earned money may be a blessing or a curse if it lands in the wrong hands.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Doug Van Gorder
> > Bretton Woods

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Butman Cemetery (Feb '09) Jan 3 Anonymous 15
Professor Mark Bray of Dartmouth molested me ..... Aug '17 Shelly 1
News Dartmouth Green on the campus of Dartmouth Coll... (Aug '16) Feb '17 Maltamon 7
Letter to Bill Bryson on Cancer (Nov '16) Nov '16 wjabbe 3
News Are some kids genetically more vulnerable to fo... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Stephany McDowell 1
The War on Culture Destroys a Kentucky Derby Pa... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Culture Auditor 1
News Warm winter temps cause for concern about NH's ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages