The Cuba experience

Aug 19, 2008 Full story: Durango Herald 38

A 2007 graduate of Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H., Lashley studied Spanish at FLC last year.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
manos

Greece

#22 Aug 24, 2008
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
Ramon...USA is not a perfect country, no body is perfect but is the only place on earth where people want to be....
Marie ...wake up or turn to the other side!
L I G E R

Lebanon, NJ

#23 Aug 24, 2008
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
Ramon...USA is not a perfect country, no body is perfect but is the only place on earth where people want to be. People around the world escape their "so call freedom" in their native countries and get her...anyway they can! They know here your rigth may be violated for certain individuals but you can take them to Court. We have laws to "the people" here we deceide who will be our next president...here we deceide what we want to be and do with our lives..here we have our own personal bank accounts, houses business,etc...here we can leave anytime if we are not happy to anywhere in the world. But people do not leave the country, instead they try to bring the rest of the family. Cuba today habe more than 30,000 petitions for Visa to USA and they come by thousands every years illegal..leaving behind their families and risking their lives in the Florida Strech of water..does that says anything to you??? or are you going to balme the USA for the Cuban Act Law ?? Balseros want no part of Cuba anymore...they come here with the idea Cuba is not place to live and never will be FREE again,,,desperate with no HOPE for the Cuba's Tirany of today. It is 50 years allready and 99% of those balseros have not idea of Democratic Cuba before Castro.
Well & acurately said!
Ramon

Ingolstadt, Germany

#24 Aug 24, 2008
Mr. Liger,,,you took the bait over and over. You have not traveled the world to the extent which I have. How do you motivate poverty stricken people ??? and how can you hold children responsible for the cycle of poverty into which they are born ??? The core of our worlds problem is poverty and ignorance. Can you destroy those two with your smart bombs??? The war in Iraq has devoured more than 350 Billion dollars. With about 6 billion people on our planet,,that is 50$ per head and the results are just more death and destruction. I belive Freedom means LIVING WITHOUT FEAR. The rest is propaganda,,,and when you are told over and over again how free you are then somthing is wrong.

“America la bella!!”

Since: Jan 07

que Dios te bendiga

#25 Aug 24, 2008
Ramon wrote:
Marie, now we think along the same lines. See how easy it is for different peple to start a dialog. I wrote those things the way I did to see what a reaction the less educated people would react. Typical Gringo, name calling, ready to destroy anything or anyone that does not fit into his idea of a perfect world. I have traveled to over 60 different countries in my lifetime. I have eaten with millionaires and drank from the same bottle of cheap wine with homeless people. I agree with you that our world is very complex but at the end of the day what is most important is that we have enough to eat and a roof is over our head. I have seen in the Sudan people starving to death but off in the distance an oil rig was drilling. I call that greed and not freedom. I hope that some real dialog will come about with the next administration in Washington,,whom ever it may be. I wish all Cubans a bright future whom are stuck between Havana and Washington. Bless You and have a great Sunday.
I am glad you understand me, even if you do not agree. Yes I have travel too and I could see USA and few other countries are the must suttable for human kind. Like I said before..Cuba must change his form of Goverment to his people...they must have the freedom to express themselves like we are doing now.. When freedom reach the streets of Cuba...the progress of each cuban citizen will be the consecuenses as a rule of thumb. Have a nice Sunday.
L I G E R

Lebanon, NJ

#26 Aug 24, 2008
Ramon wrote:
Mr. Liger,,,you took the bait over and over. You have not traveled the world to the extent which I have. How do you motivate poverty stricken people ??? and how can you hold children responsible for the cycle of poverty into which they are born ??? The core of our worlds problem is poverty and ignorance. Can you destroy those two with your smart bombs??? The war in Iraq has devoured more than 350 Billion dollars. With about 6 billion people on our planet,,that is 50$ per head and the results are just more death and destruction. I belive Freedom means LIVING WITHOUT FEAR. The rest is propaganda,,,and when you are told over and over again how free you are then somthing is wrong.
You didn't bait anybody, you insulted in order to get a reaction. Don't try to change things around, read your own posts!
Yes the poor don't need food to make them keep on multiplying, what thy need is education & incentives to work, produce, limit the size of their families, and stop the cycle of extreme poverty.
They need immunization programs, aids (& other diseases) awareness, family planning, & education on how to be productive instead of parasitic.
L I G E R

Lebanon, NJ

#27 Aug 24, 2008
By the way I am very well traveled. I don't know you so I cannot compare, neither do you. However since you are in a respectful mood, I must respectfully tell you you know very little about Cuba & castro. Sounds like you are well taught by the Cuban propagandists more than the Real Cuba.

“America la bella!!”

que Dios te bendiga

#28 Aug 24, 2008
Unfortunally the world in need have allways been the world in Need. But the real issue is their form of Goverments and the fanatism they grow up. It is true the Iraq world has cost USA money and lives, but it was the will of this nation and Goverment at the time. After all we were attack by radicals and Sadan Hussein was killing his people in a massive way. Maybe we shoud leave Iraq sooner but the truth is we took the war to Iraq not in USA soil. Goverments around the world do as they please with the people then when something goes wrong blame USA in the first place...Don't you think it is ridiculos???? I would ask Congress to ask Iraq to pay us back anyway they can asap.
tinsnip13

Carpinteria, CA

#29 Aug 24, 2008
WE JUST DONT CARE FOR CHANGE ]An excellent article!One of the best about how the Cuban people really are!Friendly,educated and nice people!People that are not envious..noble people! Even under a failed Communist system they still show their drive and competitiveness!
As one of those American student said
"The people there are hungry for change," said Lashley. "It's almost like desperation for change."

Hermano after FIFTY years you would think anyone would be hungry for change,
tinsnip13

Carpinteria, CA

#30 Aug 24, 2008
L I E G E R "]By the way I am very well traveled with my shopping cart. I don't know you so I cannot compare carts but mine belongs to Lucky's store. However since you are in a respectful mood and I am basically a lunatic, I must respectfully tell you you know very little about Cuba just like me & castro too. You see I have an IQ of 89 and that is why Castro shipped me North. Sounds like you are well taught unlike me by the Cuban propagandists more than the Real Cuba. LOOK WHAT I AM TRYING TO TELL YOU IS THAT I AM STUPID LOOK AT MY HISTORY:

\Liger Omni Prime bURRO wrote:

Listen you filthy rotten festering maggot! I AM BETTER than YOU! Like it or not. Why? Because I used the primal protoplasm GOD gave me & made something of it. MD/DVM, Biomedical research, professor of Medicine at a leading Med School,
Speaker for Physicians multiple topics, part time farmer, breeder of exotic large cats, & birds.
Astronaught, an inventor, a scientist, a part time caped crusader, a nurse, circus clown and now a janitor. Own lots of real estate (Mostly park benches), politician in my town,(Dog catcher) gymnast/ acrobat, gold medal winner in Tokyo and Los Angeles, black belt in several martial art disciplines, swimmer,(Beat Phelps any day.) etc Plus I am healthy a weight lifter, Pilates, health freak, 4'5.5" tall, bald, glasses, few teeth in perfect repair, and I am bi-sexual and thinking of a sex change. I wear women’s clothing all the time.
He! He! I look down upon you maggot, if not from all my accomplishments, my size suffices.
Besides the fact that all islamofasc istpinkocommienazirat/apes like yourself are an inferior species. A species that is lazy, envious, jealous, frustrated full of hatred and unhappy with yourself. Normally I would pity vermin like you, but when you dare disrespect your betters, be it me or my friends (WJDC, MARIE, Paloma, EL Cubano, Eyes Open, Militant Poet, Peter, Santiago, Heidekraut Dr Burro etc) then I DESPISE YOU, pull back no punches, & tell you like it is. Well, I gave you an earful; did I mention I have an IQ of less than 109? You are too unimportant, so regardless of your response, maggot, I will ignore you.
By the way, I've rubbed shoulders with many congressmen & senators,(All have been busted for deviant behavior. Alan Keyes, Rush Limbaugh (I sold him drugs many times he is great),
Jay Diamond, Sean Hannity, Willie Nelson, Jay Black, Waylon Jennings, Johny Cash, Kris Kristpherson, The Gatlin Brothers, Christal Gail,
King Juan Carlos Cousin Gaby whom I dated, Julio Iglesias, Rafael, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy Batman & other celebrities that I may not now remember. I've worked with the CIA, the FBI, DEA, DEP, DOH, and Department of Mental Health several police organizations mainly the bureau of prisons who know me well...
You don't need to believe it, you probably wont, your limited self cannot conceive so much plurimulttasking. But I am satisfied with myself & my achievements and still I persist on pursuing higher goals. One day I want to be sane. Don't cry maggot, don't be jealous, just get off your butt & start doing something constructive! Bye now, no I won't waste time on you again, regardless of your response, insignificant one. Hasta la vista baby!
tinsnip13

Carpinteria, CA

#31 Aug 24, 2008
WE JUST DONT CARE ABOUT AN EDUCATION
Hi PIG(Observandumb)!
You really choosed a stupid screen name this time...RAMON...HE!,HE!HE

\
Burro, you are so stupid. Observ writes very different than Ramaon. Get an education then get a life!]
Ramon

Hallbergmoos, Germany

#35 Aug 25, 2008
To all those whom responded to my Propaganda and understnd that we all reacted as Political Leaders in our world do,,a bit one sided and reactionary now I wish to thank you as we may see how important dialog is. If at any time I insulted any one it was not my intention. Mr. tinship 13,,,Sir we have stopped the propaganda and name calling and are coming together in a responsible way. Would you like to join us ?? Please do,,,and untill then have a great day.
L I G E R

Lebanon, NJ

#36 Aug 25, 2008
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
Unfortunally the world in need have allways been the world in Need. But the real issue is their form of Goverments and the fanatism they grow up. It is true the Iraq world has cost USA money and lives, but it was the will of this nation and Goverment at the time. After all we were attack by radicals and Sadan Hussein was killing his people in a massive way. Maybe we shoud leave Iraq sooner but the truth is we took the war to Iraq not in USA soil. Goverments around the world do as they please with the people then when something goes wrong blame USA in the first place...Don't you think it is ridiculos???? I would ask Congress to ask Iraq to pay us back anyway they can asap.
well said!
Lcubano

United States

#38 Aug 25, 2008
Ramon wrote:
Let be no mistake, when the body of Fidel Castro departs this Earth his Spirit will live on forever. The Gringo´s would love nothing more than to Re-Enslave the Cuban people. That won´t happen. Hands Off Cuba !!! Long Live The Cuban Revolution!!!
let there be no mistake,indeed. sir, i would simply treasure a peaceful, no insults debate with you on the facts of your mis-guided notions.this is not a challenge of your intelligence just a chance for me to educate you on the perrenial problems of u s foreign policy regarding cuba and its singularity thereof.

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#39 Aug 25, 2008
tinsnip13 wrote:
WE JUST DONT CARE ABOUT AN EDUCATION
Hi PIG(Observandumb)!
You really choosed a stupid screen name this time...RAMON...HE!,HE!HE
\
Burro, you are so stupid. Observ writes very different than Ramaon. Get an education then get a life!]
PET!
RAMON SOUNDS TO ME EITHER LIKE OBSEVANdumb OR LIKE CURIOUS GEORGE ! HE IS TRYING TO DIVIDE US CUBANS AT THIS FORUM.IF HE IS SO STUPID AS TO BELIEVE THAT HE WOULD SUCCESS.THEN HE IS EVEN DUMBER THAN I THOUGHT!

“America la bella!!”

que Dios te bendiga

#40 Aug 25, 2008
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
PET!
RAMON SOUNDS TO ME EITHER LIKE OBSEVANdumb OR LIKE CURIOUS GEORGE ! HE IS TRYING TO DIVIDE US CUBANS AT THIS FORUM.IF HE IS SO STUPID AS TO BELIEVE THAT HE WOULD SUCCESS.THEN HE IS EVEN DUMBER THAN I THOUGHT!
Si yo me di cuenta ayer que es la loca mona.
L I G E R

Lebanon, NJ

#41 Aug 26, 2008
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Si yo me di cuenta ayer que es la loca mona.
Estoy de acuerdo. Es una de nuestras previas ratas con un nuevo nombre. Me parece mas ser CG por la forma que me ignoro y su respuesta.
HairyGuy

Tarzana, CA

#42 Aug 30, 2008
DISORDER In The America Courts....(Part 1)

These are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters who had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place.
ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
WITNESS: No, I just lie there.
----------
ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.
----------
ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
WITNESS: I forget.
ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you
forgot?
----------
ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that
morning?
WITNESS: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
WITNESS: My name is Susan!
----------
ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in
voodoo?
WITNESS: We both do.
ATTORNEY: Voodoo?
WITNESS: We do.
ATTORNEY: You do?
WITNESS: Yes, voodoo.
----------
ATTORNEY: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his
sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?
----------
ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the twenty-one-year-old, how old is he?
WITNESS: Uh, he's twenty-one.
----------
ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?
WITNESS: Are you shitt'in me?
----------
ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?
WITNESS: Uh.... I was gett'in laid!
----------
HairyGuy

Tarzana, CA

#43 Aug 30, 2008
DISORDER In The America Courts....(Part 2)

----------
ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?
ATTORNEY: How many were boys?
WITNESS: None.
ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
WITNESS: Are you kidding? Your Honor, I think I need a different
attorney. Can I get a new attorney?
----------
ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?
WITNESS: By death.
ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?
WITNESS: Now, whose death do you suppose terminated it?
----------
ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?
WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.
ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?
WITNESS: Guess.
----------
ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a
deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.
----------
ATTORNEY: Doctor, how many of your autopsies have you performed on
dead people?
WITNESS: All my autopsies are performed on dead people. Would you
like to rephrase that?
----------
ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK?
What school did you go to?
WITNESS: Oral.
----------
ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
WITNESS: No, he was sitting on the table,
wondering why I was doing an autopsy on him!
----------
ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
WITNESS: Huh....are you qualified to ask that question?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you
began the autopsy?
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive,
nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and
practicing law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Nov '14 Bravo 27
Timothy Laundry Obiturary (Sep '12) Jul '14 Sid Clark 2
Butman Cemetery (Feb '09) Jun '14 Andrew P 14
employer not follwing a contract (May '14) May '14 russell 1
In Naples DNA Tests Link Dog a Wastea to Owners (Mar '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 1
Yellow Pages Icon Contest (May '10) Nov '13 Patricia 6
Taming Medicare costs: What are the options? (Apr '13) Apr '13 HumanSpirit 7

Winter Storm Warning for Grafton County was issued at January 26 at 5:57PM EST

Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:55 pm PST