Posted in the Hanover Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“Family Court Injustice”

Since: Jan 08

cohasset

#1 Jan 6, 2008
Seeking your help and support creating public awareness of abusive judicial practices in our courts - particularly regarding Judge Michael J. Livingstone, Plymouth County Family and Probate Court.
Judge Livingstone appointed in 2002. In his 5 years he has the following distinctions
1. The most appealed Justice in the Commonwealth - 54 cases per http://www.ma-appellatecourts.org/search_judg ....
2. The first Justice in the Commonwealth in approximately 20 years to have misconduct charges filed against him by the Supreme Judicial Court - See Boston Globe article
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/200 ...
3. Sending an innocent man to jail. See: WVCB Boston Channel.com story at http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/14763949 ...
4. The highest contempt incarceration of any Judge in New England (according to blogger Chris of Needham Ma on blog found at topix.com/city/newbedford
I am compiling an archive of articles and cases for the press and public to use in creating awareness/pressure for the Judge to resign. Case docket numbers and personal identities will be held in the strictest confidence unless use is authorized or required by the Governor's office/appointee for verification.
I hope that by focusing on the obvious need for discipline with Judge Livingstone, collectively we may be able to influence broader action in our Judicial system. To raise the bar on professionalism and to insist on enforcing the Justices directive to make decisions in the best interest of the children of every family as provided for in our current set of laws.
If you have personal experience in Judge Livingstone's court, or know of someone who is willing to contribute, please ask them to do one or more of the following:
1. Send a letter to the Governor citing the injustice witnessed/experienced. cc Press and cc me at:
Jane Smith UPS Box
759 CJC Hwy Rte 3A #263
Cohasset, MA 02025
or [email protected]
Please provide me with an email address to keep you informed.
2. Break the silence and SHARE! Tell the stories of those who have been damaged by Judge Livingstone's bad decisions. Get over the insecurities and lack of confidence caused by his abuse - turn it into strength and focus.
3. Check in and participate in as many blogs about this topic as possible. See: http://seekingjustice4mafamili esandchildren.b...
4. Check in at www.ma.gov/cjc "press releases" regularly to learn of the hearing date, location and be at the hearing. Bring support in the form of friends and family.
THANK YOU in advance for caring enough to read this, hopefully participating in our efforts to expand awareness thus influencing action.
Keep in touch at http://seekingjustice4mafamili esandchildren.b...
mom loses rights

AOL

#2 Jan 6, 2008
Jane Smith Org wrote:
Seeking your help and support creating public awareness of abusive judicial practices in our courts - particularly regarding Judge Michael J. Livingstone, Plymouth County Family and Probate Court.
Judge Livingstone appointed in 2002. In his 5 years he has the following distinctions
1. The most appealed Justice in the Commonwealth - 54 cases per http://www.ma-appellatecourts.org/search_judg ....MAN, you hit the nail on the head. I personally passed out complaint forms in Brockton Probate Court regarding this ill man. I also passed out the clipping from the newspaper. I hung them around the court house. We asked for a change of venue which he denied. He no longer hears our cases however, he's not the only gone bad judge. We filed two seperate complaints on him with the commission Against Judical Conduct on October 24th and have NOT yet heard anything. He allows fathers to perjure themselves. Denies minor children their best interest, and places people in lock up for his own discresion. He is the one that belongs IN LOCK UP...Please post any hearing dates. Will be there.
2. The first Justice in the Commonwealth in approximately 20 years to have misconduct charges filed against him by the Supreme Judicial Court - See Boston Globe article
3. Sending an innocent man to jail. See: WVCB Boston Channel.com story at http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/14763949 ...
4. The highest contempt incarceration of any Judge in New England (according to blogger Chris of Needham Ma on blog found at topix.com/city/newbedford
I am compiling an archive of articles and cases for the press and public to use in creating awareness/pressure for the Judge to resign. Case docket numbers and personal identities will be held in the strictest confidence unless use is authorized or required by the Governor's office/appointee for verification.
I hope that by focusing on the obvious need for discipline with Judge Livingstone, collectively we may be able to influence broader action in our Judicial system. To raise the bar on professionalism and to insist on enforcing the Justices directive to make decisions in the best interest of the children of every family as provided for in our current set of laws.
If you have personal experience in Judge Livingstone's court, or know of someone who is willing to contribute, please ask them to do one or more of the following:
1. Send a letter to the Governor citing the injustice witnessed/experienced. cc Press and cc me at:
Jane Smith UPS Box
759 CJC Hwy Rte 3A #263
Cohasset, MA 02025
or [email protected]
2. Break the silence and SHARE! Tell the stories of those who have been damaged by Judge Livingstone's bad decisions. Get over the insecurities and lack of confidence caused by his abuse - turn it into strength and focus.
3. Check in and participate in as many blogs about this topic as possible. See: http://seekingjustice4mafamili esandchildren.b...
4. Check in at www.ma.gov/cjc "press releases" regularly to learn of the hearing date, location and be at the hearing. Bring support in the form of friends and family.
THANK YOU in advance for caring enough to read this, hopefully participating in our efforts to expand awareness thus influencing action.
We filed two complaints to the commission against judical conduct on him in October and haven't heard anything from them. I personally handed out in Brockton Probate court the article on him from the newespaper as well as numerous forms that others were filling out to compain about him as well. Please post any hearing dates. This Judge is the one who should be doing time. We requested a change of venue which should not even be heard in Plymouth County. That was DENIED...He just reclused himself
mom loses rights

AOL

#3 Jan 6, 2008
Jane Smith Org wrote:
1. The most appealed Justice in the Commonwealth - 54 cases per http://www.ma-appellatecourts.org/search_judg ....
Jane Smith UPS Box
759 CJC Hwy Rte 3A #263
Cohasset, MA 02025
or [email protected]
Please post dates of any hearing on him. We filed two complainsts against him in October with the CAJC and haven't heard anything yet. I also passed out forms for others to fill out along with the article on his misconduct in Superior.

“Family Court Injustice”

Since: Jan 08

cohasset

#4 Jan 7, 2008
Thank you again.

I'm surprised he recused himself. I replied to you in the Cohasset posting as well which I copy here so as not to miss you. There is urgency in creating public awareness of this far reaching problem in that if the public misses the hearing, if the press misses the hearing.... nothing will truly e changed.
Here's a copy of the response posted in Cohasset.

Wow. Thank you. I'll figure out how to look up the cases, read, summarize and publish something -withholding names. No need to cause more harm to this woman and her family.

Would you be kind enough to share a copy of the forms you passed out? Do you recall which newspaper article? I probably have it already, but am always looking for new.

Please mail to:
Jane Smith UPS box
759 CJC Hwy Rte 3A #263
Cohasset, Ma 02025

If you are local saving postage, ask Gary the UPS store owner if he'd be kind enough to leave the copy in the #263 box. A dear friend is allowing us to use her company UPS address pro bono.

Unfortunately, It's common knowledge among attorney's that Judges support each other VERY strongly. The actual law often appears to be less important than the perceived respect/comaraderie of their peers gained through the managing the process of the law, not the intent, and the power a Judge can influence via process - with little regard for the realistic impact on families and
Jane Smith

Manchester, NH

#5 Jan 7, 2008
So you think what happens in family court doesn't impact you? Look at the dialogue in topix.com search Cohasset MA, forums and polls - get glimpses of what just one Judge is doing to our families.

What do you think - should we survey court participants, compile results and publish?
laurensmom

Pembroke, MA

#6 Feb 17, 2008
Hi,
I have been researching Judge Livingstone as he is hearing my divorce. Glad I found this.He has consistantly showed bias and has put my kids in danger. Ex has history of abuse (protective orders and arrests), I have expressed my concerns with the judge and the need for supervised visits. He denied this and the day after my ex picked up one of girls and beat her outside her school..he was arrested and faces charges...I filed for the younger ones to have supervised visits and again was denied. My younger ones are scared and have resfused to go. note: DSS filed that he be in a batters program in Brockton and no visits unsupervised and in court Livingstone wouldn't even look at it. FYI ex is attorney!
I need some direction. My ex filed contempt and I am convinced the Judge will do something,
Jane

Bennington, VT

#8 Feb 17, 2008
Hi laurensmom.

Submitted a posting to your query which is not showing up as a reply.

Click on your posting again for reply. Or contact [email protected] - we'll email privately.

THANKS!
laurensmom wrote:
Hi,
I have been researching Judge Livingstone as he is hearing my divorce. Glad I found this.He has consistantly showed bias and has put my kids in danger. Ex has history of abuse (protective orders and arrests), I have expressed my concerns with the judge and the need for supervised visits. He denied this and the day after my ex picked up one of girls and beat her outside her school..he was arrested and faces charges...I filed for the younger ones to have supervised visits and again was denied. My younger ones are scared and have resfused to go. note: DSS filed that he be in a batters program in Brockton and no visits unsupervised and in court Livingstone wouldn't even look at it. FYI ex is attorney!
I need some direction. My ex filed contempt and I am convinced the Judge will do something,
laurensmom

Pembroke, MA

#9 Feb 17, 2008
Jane wrote:
Hi laurensmom.
Submitted a posting to your query which is not showing up as a reply.
Click on your posting again for reply. Or contact [email protected] - we'll email privately.
THANKS!
<quoted text>
Hi Jane

Not to good with computers, what should I do so we can reply.
Thanks
llbmom

Pembroke, MA

#15 Feb 26, 2008
Livingstone granted my batterer ex temporary custody without me defense and Menno upheld it.

I desperately need any information regarding either one of these judges as our children are paying the ultimate price, and domestic violence will go on until the battering stops.

My email: [email protected] Please put MENNO in subject line or it will get spammed out.
Jane Smith Org wrote:
Thank you again.
I'm surprised he recused himself. I replied to you in the Cohasset posting as well which I copy here so as not to miss you. There is urgency in creating public awareness of this far reaching problem in that if the public misses the hearing, if the press misses the hearing.... nothing will truly e changed.
Here's a copy of the response posted in Cohasset.
Wow. Thank you. I'll figure out how to look up the cases, read, summarize and publish something -withholding names. No need to cause more harm to this woman and her family.
Would you be kind enough to share a copy of the forms you passed out? Do you recall which newspaper article? I probably have it already, but am always looking for new.
Please mail to:
Jane Smith UPS box
759 CJC Hwy Rte 3A #263
Cohasset, Ma 02025
If you are local saving postage, ask Gary the UPS store owner if he'd be kind enough to leave the copy in the #263 box. A dear friend is allowing us to use her company UPS address pro bono.
Unfortunately, It's common knowledge among attorney's that Judges support each other VERY strongly. The actual law often appears to be less important than the perceived respect/comaraderie of their peers gained through the managing the process of the law, not the intent, and the power a Judge can influence via process - with little regard for the realistic impact on families and
John Caliri

North Haven, CT

#16 Mar 2, 2008
Dear Jane,

I'm the person that this Judge has sent to jail.
I am appealing his verdict on be being a deadbeat dad and his contempt charges he stated I did.
I have received a copy of my court transcripts when he found me in contempt and just makes my blood boil on how he behaved towards me in court. He was rude and didnt want to look at my evidence of me paying on a weekly basis.
If you would like to respond back to me, I can be reached at [email protected]
I have had so many calls from the media about these types of issues, mine and others.

Hope to talk to you soon.

John Caliri

“Kids facing judge injustices”

Since: Feb 08

Sandwich

#17 Mar 3, 2008
I want to start a support group for mothers who are survivors of domestic abuse and victims of the judicial system.

Please let me know if interested. Not sure of location, but will be in the Cohasset Hingham area.

What are your thoughts

“Kids facing judge injustices”

Since: Feb 08

Sandwich

#18 Mar 3, 2008
Have to go to court to receive my money that I earned.

Court date : Tuesday March 18th Judge Menno

My ex is holding my income hostage from a company he runs an office for. I have to go to court to hace a judge determine whether or not I can get my income.

Any support is appreciated. My home's mortgage is 3mo behind and facing several shut offs.

My ex took my business as part of divorce settelement, but make a six figure income receiving FREE day care, FREE health Insurance, and FREE school lunches for the kids. He also drives a BMW 7 series and lives in a very wealthy community.
Jane-The system can work

Marshfield, MA

#19 Mar 5, 2008
History is made! For the first time ever - the Supreme Judicial Court rejected a deal made by the Judge and the CJC. YES!!!!

Public hearing will go forward May 19th.

See article released today from Lawyers Weekly at: http://www.masslaw.com/news030508.cfm

Hopefully our efforts at increasing public awareness of abuse in our family courts will now make the radar screen.

Keep blogging, filing complaints, talking, sharing and I hope you all can attend the hearing.
As alwas feel welcome to contact us directly at [email protected]
Jane

Bennington, VT

#20 Mar 10, 2008
Hi Eileen.
1. You can't get another Judge in MA - even if the Judge is in fact highly prejudiced against you.

You can ask him to recluse himself. He then has to go into his chambers and perform what is essentially a "self-test". If he decides he doesn't need to remove himself from your case - he stays, your stuck.

If he does remove himself – you may get one of the other Judges who likes to follow in the footsteps of the original Judge – you’re stuck again.

2. History with this Judge indicates he is highly prejudiced usually against one or the other party – but not due to gender.

This Judge tends to take sides with the attorney who pushes the process the strongest, and who is most skilled at character bashing/defamation.

If the character bashing, process focused attorney is truly skilled – all sight of your children, their needs, the ability of the father to provide, the language and intent of child support guidelines will be ignored. Evidence too will be ignored.

3. The letter to Governor and officials is good – but will not be enough. You must also file a formal complaint with the Commission on Judicial Reform, you can try to register a complaint with the Board of Bar Overseers – they don’t take complaints readily.

Keep copies of your complaints and follow up to be sure they received them. Follow up a month later to learn status.

For a complaint form and the process, as well as the rules of judicial conduct go to

www.ma.gov/cjc Click on file a complaint – it’s free.

Unfortunately you have little hope with this Judge, and almost no attorney who is in their right mind will truly be able to help you succeed in attaining justice. If Judge Livingstone doesn’t like you, you will certainly feel the pain of financial ruin, the inability to have your children provided for as required by law will quickly become (if it hasn’t already) irrelevant.

FYI – Mark your calendar. Judge Livingstone’s misconduct charges will be heard in public on May 19th. Details have yet to be published, but the CJC website has to post a press release eventually. For the latest article see this week’s issue of Lawyer’s Weekly.

So, if he resigns before then, or is asked to resign after the hearing you and so many others may have hope that a truly unbiased Judge may replace him. The new Judge will have quite a busy schedule with everyone trying to be heard – this time for real, with respect, and with an eye for the best interest of the children.

Good luck. Keep in touch.
paid

AOL

#22 Apr 9, 2008
The same way judges, court employees and this entire disrupt judicial system of ours works. It's all who you know. Hopefully, there will be a courtroom full of us on May 19th at Livingstones hearing for his wrong doing. Sad part is this case that he has been charged with has nothing to do with his probate cases. He should not still be allowed to be sitting on a bench let alone conducting hearings and making decisions regarding others lifes when he OBVIOUSLY can't handle his own affairs "WITHIN THE LAW". Place of his hearing has not been made public yet. DSS is another joke. They take kids and place them with worse parents than they originally were with. Again, another waste of taxpayers money for just more state jobs.
Amom

Milton Village, MA

#23 Apr 9, 2008
Please tell me more about Grace Madden. My ex will be starting supervised visits soon and the supervisor suggested by my ex's attorney is none other than Grace Madden. I don't have much time to agree or not agree to this supervisor, please give me more information.
Eileen wrote:
<quoted text>
I just found this post and I have to say, I see the name Grace Madden, and I cringe, she is the supervisor that told my girlfriend during her supervised visits, that she would have never taken this case if she knew it was in front of Livinstone. This same woman also then started to lie about things going on, and seemed to be getting paid off, but when asked, it started a huge problem, then everyone got involved and it was hell, and still is.....How is it that this supervisor gets paid under the table????
Mary Jane Delory

Bennington, VT

#24 Apr 9, 2008
If you are not comfortable with the recommendation - ask for time to secure your own. Your attorney should be able to provide 2 or 3 alternate suggestions. If Dr. Lyall is one of the suggestions - know that your attorney is not current. Based on my personal experience she should be avoided anyway. She appears to have seen the writing on the wall and will be leaving the Commonwealth at the end of this calendar year.

A thought...you could call Dr. Lyall's office inquiring about doing business with her and when she has to decline your new business, ask her who she recommends. You can make follow up calls to her suggestions - but with caution. Everyone knows Dr. Lyall, she has a lot of respect - but she has no interest in the best interest of the child(ren). She allows parents to bring up topics, discuss them, come to no conclusions and simply refers them back to court - a waste of time, money, emotion.

Dr. Levin in Hingham is a good Parenting Coordinator - not sure he does the supervised visits - but he may have credible suggestions for you.

There is a Parenting Coordinator in Sharon (forget her name) but she is a deeply insightful professional. I spoke with her briefly once, and found her to be sound, credible, a relief. Couldn't find her on Google - ask your attorney, or ask the court clerk for Parent Coordinators in Sharon.

She may not be what you need for visitation, but a recommendation from her - is worth following up.

Good Luck.
Amom

Milton Village, MA

#25 Apr 10, 2008
Thanks for your suggestions, they are appreciated. Do you or anyone else have any more information on Grace Madden? If I am not going to agree to her, I'll need a good reason. Thanks again.
Mary Jane Delory

Bennington, VT

#26 Apr 10, 2008
May I suggest you don't disagree.... rather say you need more time because only one option was provided and you'd like time to do your homework.

Start making calls tomorrow.

Spending time discussing why you want to disagree won't help you if you don't have options to work with. You will have to do some of your own work here.

Good luck - start calling and Googling tonight!
honesty

AOL

#27 Apr 10, 2008
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, those of us that are marked in the system will NEVER WIN. One judge ALWAYS follows what the previous judge has done. THIS IS THE REASON THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM IS FAILING OUR CHILDREN. Again, it's all who you know. Best of luck though. I sincerely hope you succeed. You will be one of the ones that do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Tyrants Go Too Far: Malignant Narcissism an... Nov 14 End Hate Crimes 1
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Nov 12 slackey 571
Looking for David Whalen from Whitman Massachus... (Dec '13) Oct 28 Stephen E 3
Large Black Cat Sightings ( Or any large cat ) (Aug '09) Sep '17 Deb 34
judicial bias (Apr '17) Sep '17 MsReality 2
Need info - murder in the water station mid 80's (Jul '09) Aug '17 J Smith 62
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired (Nov '16) Aug '17 Len 66

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance