Joan Endyke: Limit your intake of hig...

Joan Endyke: Limit your intake of high-fructose corn syrup

There are 1 comment on the Genesee Country Express story from Jul 27, 2011, titled Joan Endyke: Limit your intake of high-fructose corn syrup. In it, Genesee Country Express reports that:

Q: Should I avoid high-fructose corn syrup? -- Tom in Hanover, Mass. A: Limiting products with high-fructose corn syrup is a good idea, but don't single out that one sweetener.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Genesee Country Express.

JohnS

Gymea Bay, Australia

#1 Jul 27, 2011
In my experience, overdosing with honey (real honey) will not increase weight. Overdosing with real honey is more likely to reduce the appetite for sweets, quite the reverse of how contrived sweeteners affect us.

It is very uncommon to find a true example of someone who gained significant weight (excess weight)by eating honey.

It is important not to categorise natural honey in with the contrived sweeteners. There is no true basis for comparison.

Almost no one in westernised countries eats honey exclusive of the commercial sweeteners. So until we see evidence of people fattening on honey, what say we quit generalising about it.

Stick with the facts!

Cheers,

John

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Feb 12 craig perry 578
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Massachuse... (Oct '10) Jan '18 Ted 14
News Mountain lion in Petersham? Owner of injured ho... (Nov '16) Nov '16 big Cats where it... 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hanover, MA (Jan '12) Jan '14 jacj 7
Hanover Wind Turbine RFP (Feb '13) Jul '13 Jack Kelly 2
Hanover Wind Turbine Fiasco (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jack Kelly 1
Hanover Wind Turbine Catastrophic Failure (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jack Kelly 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages