created by: Ingrid | Oct 30, 2009

Marysville, KS

176 votes

Do you think the law enforcement in Marysville, Ks. is one big crooked clique?

Click on an option to vote

  • YES
  • NO
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ingrid

Naperville, IL

#1 Jan 17, 2010
Why aren't you allowed to bring in a recorder to the court room? The reason is probably pretty obvious.. They don't know what they are doing, and wouldn't want to get caught on tape saying something that would reflect their unlawful practices. It would also show their biases to certain groups of people. My opinion they are a rude and above the law group of individuals.
Heather

Naperville, IL

#2 Jan 22, 2010
I was very shocked and appaled to sit in the court room the other day and witness the public defender flick his client's earring and ask him if that ment he was a "homo" or if he liked homo's? This back and forth banter between the prosecutor and client went on with the judge joining in and making a joke about the entire matter. Even after the client asked if that was illegal to make slanderous comments about someone's sexuality the judge still laughed and said "ok boys that's enough". I have NEVER seen this type of behavior in a government courtroom and cannot believe it was even entertained for one minute! I have not had personal contact with the Marysville police force but I would be scared to after the juvenile close minded display on the side of this lawyer and judge!
Village Person

United States

#3 Jan 23, 2010
Heather wrote:
I was very shocked and appaled to sit in the court room the other day and witness the public defender flick his client's earring and ask him if that ment he was a "homo" or if he liked homo's? This back and forth banter between the prosecutor and client went on with the judge joining in and making a joke about the entire matter. Even after the client asked if that was illegal to make slanderous comments about someone's sexuality the judge still laughed and said "ok boys that's enough". I have NEVER seen this type of behavior in a government courtroom and cannot believe it was even entertained for one minute! I have not had personal contact with the Marysville police force but I would be scared to after the juvenile close minded display on the side of this lawyer and judge!
What was his answer to the homo question?
Heather

Baldwin City, KS

#4 Jan 24, 2010
As he was walking in the door of the courtroom I was right behind him and his client and he said "no I don't like homos do you" The judge was holding the door open for everyone to walk in and not once did she say anything, in fact she was laughing along with it until his client asked him if it was illegal and a hate crime to make comments like that!
Village Person

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2010
It sounds to me as if they were all having a private conversation, a private joke if you will, and you were eavesdropping. Get over it.
Heather

Baldwin City, KS

#6 Feb 1, 2010
First of all I wasn't eavesdropping since I was sitting right in the small court room, if that was a private INAPPROPRIATE conversation they wanted to have it should have taken place behind the building during a smoke break or in a bar, not in a court of law where perhaps a gay person was able to hear! It was very unprofessional and in my personal opinion not a good example to set for the many juveniles that were in the courthouse that day!
HappyTimes

Naperville, IL

#7 Feb 2, 2010
This is interesting and agree with the statements being inappropriate in a courtroom, especially since the courts would prosecute someone with the new hate crime rules/laws. They are very lucky they don't get reported to the gay rights websites. That would make a very interesting news story 4 sure.
Heather

Naperville, IL

#8 Feb 2, 2010
Eavesdropping is not against the law if it is in a public place. How public is a court of law or the Marysville county offices? See Chapter 4, sub para (b) below

It doesn't look like the Heather from Ottawa was eavesdropping illegaly. Prehaps a converstion of this type and subject matter should be in "Private" or not at all.

Here is the Kansas statute: Article 40: Crimes Involving Violations Of Personal Rights
Statute 21-4001: Eavesdropping.(a) Eavesdropping is knowingly and without lawful authority:
(1) Entering into a private place with intent to listen surreptitiously to private conversations or to observe the personal conduct of any other person or persons therein;

(2) installing or using outside a private place any device for hearing, recording, amplifying or broadcasting sounds originating in such place, which sounds would not ordinarily be audible or comprehensible outside, without the consent of the person or persons entitled to privacy therein;

(3) installing or using any device or equipment for the interception of any telephone, telegraph or other wire communication without the consent of the person in possession or control of the facilities for such wire communication; or

(4) installing or using a concealed camcorder, motion picture camera or photographic camera of any type, to secretly videotape, film, photograph or record by electronic means, another, identifiable person under or through the clothing being worn by that other person or another, identifiable person who is nude or in a state of undress, for the purpose of viewing the body of, or the undergarments worn by, that other person, without the consent or knowledge of that other person, with the intent to invade the privacy of that other person, under circumstances in which the other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

(b) A "private place" within the meaning of this section is a place where one may reasonably expect to be safe from uninvited intrusion or surveillance, but does not include a place to which the public has lawful access.

(c) It shall not be unlawful for an operator of a switchboard, or any officer, employee, or agent of any public utility providing telephone communications service, whose facilities are used in the transmission of a communication, to intercept, disclose or use that communication in the normal course of employment while engaged in any activity which is incident to the rendition of public utility service or to the protection of the rights of property of such public utility.

(d) Eavesdropping is a class A nonperson misdemeanor.

History: L. 1969, ch. 180, 21-4001; L. 1992, ch. 239, 184; L. 1993, ch. 291, 132; L. 2000, ch. 181, 7; July 1.
Village Person

United States

#9 Feb 3, 2010
Sounds like you need to find something to occupy your busybody time.
HappyTimes

Naperville, IL

#10 Feb 3, 2010
Village Person,

Sounds like you must know something very close to the situation that happened. Were you in fact there in the courthouse? Do you know who spoke the comment?
How would you like to be tried for saying that same statement in public someone reported you because they were an offended gay person and the Marysville court proscuted you for the same thing that they are GUILTY of?
Like it or not, you and every American voted for the hate crimes bill. Don't say we didn't we did in fact as a country voted for the socialist agenda.(but that's another story)

How you can say basically it's none of my business you are wrong. This is a building of law! The same law that protects all of us no matter what race, creed, sex, or yes even gay people. They did infact break the law by saying such a disguesting and rude comment be it a joke or not, it sould have not been stated. Like Heather said it should have been done in a private location not in the court of law! I am sorry you read this outside the window but, as a fellow American I commend you for speaking your piece.
Have a wonderful day!
As always... Happy Times!
oooh

Miami, OK

#11 Feb 3, 2010
I for one know that MVille is crooked. If you were not born and raised there or you dont own certain businesses then you will not be accepted. If you own one of the biggest employing places there you can get by with anything. I am sure that there is a lot of unfit and hateful things said and done there. But NO ONE will be held accountable for it. It doesn't matter if it was in a public place like the courthouse. People hear things all over the place. No one will come forward when push comes to shove.
Village Person

United States

#12 Feb 4, 2010
HappyTimes wrote:
Village Person,
Sounds like you must know something very close to the situation that happened. Were you in fact there in the courthouse? Do you know who spoke the comment?
How would you like to be tried for saying that same statement in public someone reported you because they were an offended gay person and the Marysville court proscuted you for the same thing that they are GUILTY of?
Like it or not, you and every American voted for the hate crimes bill. Don't say we didn't we did in fact as a country voted for the socialist agenda.(but that's another story)
How you can say basically it's none of my business you are wrong. This is a building of law! The same law that protects all of us no matter what race, creed, sex, or yes even gay people. They did infact break the law by saying such a disguesting and rude comment be it a joke or not, it sould have not been stated. Like Heather said it should have been done in a private location not in the court of law! I am sorry you read this outside the window but, as a fellow American I commend you for speaking your piece.
Have a wonderful day!
As always... Happy Times!
Gay Times to you, too!
Jill

Naperville, IL

#13 Feb 13, 2010
Has anyone ever seen the inside of the probation office? OMG what a MESS! How can anything be found in that room? Glad I'm not on probation. Doesn't the county have janitors or file clerks to perform maintenance in the counties areas of responsibility?
Frank

Naperville, IL

#14 Feb 18, 2010
I can't believe it! A teen drunk driver in Marysville gets less punishment than a passenger teen who was drinking in the same vehicle? Where is the justice? I swear Marysville has a vindictive vendetta against a certain family in Marysville. The PBO the so called public defender, the DA and the judge should be ashamed that they are destroying this family one child at a time. Is it because they did not get born in Marysville? Anyone else have any problems with this court system in Marshall county?
Robert

Naperville, IL

#15 Feb 21, 2010
Jill wrote:
Has anyone ever seen the inside of the probation office? OMG what a MESS! How can anything be found in that room? Glad I'm not on probation. Doesn't the county have janitors or file clerks to perform maintenance in the counties areas of responsibility?
I saw it just one word describes it. NASTY
Bilge Rat

United States

#16 Feb 22, 2010
Frank wrote:
I can't believe it! A teen drunk driver in Marysville gets less punishment than a passenger teen who was drinking in the same vehicle? Where is the justice? I swear Marysville has a vindictive vendetta against a certain family in Marysville. The PBO the so called public defender, the DA and the judge should be ashamed that they are destroying this family one child at a time. Is it because they did not get born in Marysville? Anyone else have any problems with this court system in Marshall county?
Your kid, Frank? I'll bet the kids getting in trouble are just fine upstanding youngsters who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Right?
Sewer Rat

United States

#17 Feb 22, 2010
Jill wrote:
Has anyone ever seen the inside of the probation office? OMG what a MESS! How can anything be found in that room? Glad I'm not on probation. Doesn't the county have janitors or file clerks to perform maintenance in the counties areas of responsibility?
I know messy probation offices make me want to commit more crimes. These places should be spotlessly clean and aesthetically pleasing to criminals! What a disgrace it is to have a messy probation office!
Frank

Naperville, IL

#18 Feb 23, 2010
Bilge Rat: No not my kid but know the kids. Unless you know how these sleezy law enforcement court folks work you will never know the extent these sleezy people will go to clean up crime in their town. The kids in this family are targeted and unless you can prove otherwise then the burden is yours to prove otherwise. So if you are negative against these kids without knowing them like the law enforcers of this town then the subject is moot to you.
But not blame the kids born here is wrong. And to answer your question as to fine outstanding youngsters.. they are kids not perfect but kids just like YOUR kid. I have the right to speak up and unless you are one of the lawyers, prosecutors or the Judge you cannot condemn these kids like the crooked system is doing here.

And sewer rat: As Jill wrote: IMHO I do think that a sloppy nasty disguisting probation office DOES feed into crime. They should be a role model of excellence. As tax payers everyone should demand that their hired personnel should uphold to the highest degree of job performance and standards and under no instance should their place of duty be nasty, sloppy, pigsty or disorganized!
Billy Hill

United States

#19 Feb 24, 2010
Frank wrote:
Bilge Rat: No not my kid but know the kids. Unless you know how these sleezy law enforcement court folks work you will never know the extent these sleezy people will go to clean up crime in their town. The kids in this family are targeted and unless you can prove otherwise then the burden is yours to prove otherwise. So if you are negative against these kids without knowing them like the law enforcers of this town then the subject is moot to you.
But not blame the kids born here is wrong. And to answer your question as to fine outstanding youngsters.. they are kids not perfect but kids just like YOUR kid. I have the right to speak up and unless you are one of the lawyers, prosecutors or the Judge you cannot condemn these kids like the crooked system is doing here.
And sewer rat: As Jill wrote: IMHO I do think that a sloppy nasty disguisting probation office DOES feed into crime. They should be a role model of excellence. As tax payers everyone should demand that their hired personnel should uphold to the highest degree of job performance and standards and under no instance should their place of duty be nasty, sloppy, pigsty or disorganized!
Frank, Frank, Frank. Don't try and sugarcoat a turd. If the kid broke the law he should be punished. You are presenting one side of a story and hoping readers will side with you. Don't try to convince me that law enforcement is sleazy, just because you don't agree with what happened in this incident. Do you know all the facts, or are you guilty of forming your opinion while only hearing one side of the story?
Frank

Naperville, IL

#20 Feb 24, 2010
I know all the facts, I even paid for the court records and arrest records in all these cases and they do not coencide with the facts. The sentencing doesn't even match the sentencing guidelines for kansas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing a phone no. Sun Guest 1
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Sep 10 The Kangaroo 6,012
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Sep 8 Helms-persecuted ... 321
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Aug 31 The Kangaroo 203
Jelena Moore Smith is a baby beater Aug 28 Fed up with the s... 1
Waterville resident establishing center for tee... Jul '14 Marly 3
happ birthday !! Jul '14 dinosaur 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••