EQM

Englewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

I called the health department on them. They were shut down for a week to clean, the Sunday before they opened, they were closed but I saw a Jack Russell terrier pacing (unattended) the dining room. I called and reported them.
idiot

Hanover, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

They clean on Sundays and are closed you dope, they also close for one week each year directly after Regatta. The dog is probably cleaner than you are.
EQM

Englewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

You are an idiot. They were closed for one week, and the last day of closure was a Sunday. That is when the dog was in there. Just because they are not open for business doesn't mean someone isn't in there (or letting their dog in to use the bathroom all over, hiking its leg on the tables and chairs). I reported them to the health department.
hinkles patron

Hanover, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

when did this happen exactly and did they close for a week because of a dog?
EQM

Englewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

It was 2009 or 2010, they were on their week long shutdown, Sunday, one day before reopening. That evening, I observed a Jack Russell Terrier running amok in the dining room, with no person in sight. I reported it to the health department. They are probably in the habit of letting dogs run around (despite ordinances to the contrary) when they think no one is looking.
I've also seen people bring their dogs in Fast Max and hang out talking to the cashier late at night. I've seen the dogs piss on the candy displays while neither cashier nor owner pays any attention.
Weird taste

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

I thought my candy bar tasted a little different
Yummm

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Fire me up some hinkle burgers, I am hungry!!!
yumyum

Hanover, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

The breakfast is superb!
Too cute

Madison, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Hinkles Heath inspections are always on the dot. Never anything wrong. For god sakes the health inspector eats there. Do you think she would if it was dirty. And as far as the prices, look at the economy. Nothing's cheap, if they were any lower The restaurant would be losing money.
hungry now

Hanover, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Best damned shakes in town hands down! Now I'm hungry. Maybe get to go there Saturday morning for breakfast if the little woman lets me.:-)
omg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

nasty food
Leaping Lizards

Hanover, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Sure could use a couple doubles with cheese and some well done crispy home fries with cheese and onions about now!

Dayum I'm HUNGRY!
abc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

The food at mc-ds tasted better and cheaper going to hinkles has the prices as a steak house
EQM

Brookville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Hinkles is expensive and nasty. Dirtiest place in town, and I would keep my wallet in my front pocket if I was in there, all the pickpockets (in front of and behind the counter).
fly on wall

Hanover, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Now that the Madison Courier prints the Health Department inspection scores of Jefferson county eating establishments, I can appreciate Hinkle's much more than many other restaurants. They have their act together and hopefully other establishments will learn from their repeated mistakes.
EQM

Brookville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

THE FOLLOWING WERE FOUND IN THE OUTSIDE FREEZER. 1
UNCOOKED CHICKEN FRITTER PIECES OVER VEGETABLES. 2 RAW
SAUSAGE OVER SEAFOOD.
1 MOUNTED CAN OPENER IN NEED OF SCHEDULED CLEANING.

Cross-contamination and filth. That's what the report says. That's just what the inspectors caught. I could always catch a lot more, because they don't put on a show for just anyone.
col mustard

Hanover, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Hinkles serves seafood? LOL who knew?

OMG look at Tapitio and Super China! Broadway Tavern! OMG
Lots of bare hands in the food and foods stored way above temperature some at room temp.

Hinkles is golden compared to the others@ A deep fryer will make that shick'n fritter tasty to me!

Source: http://www.jeffersoncoinhealthdept.com/3q-201...
EQM

Brookville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Broadway, Key West, the Mexican and Chinese places -- The Worst of the Worst. In league with Hammond's Restaurant, Mr. Gatti's, also dirty places. 88 King Chinese is clearly the cleanest you can go to. Harry's Stone Grill did not score very well either. Many places were repeat offenders that couldn't-- or wouldn't clean it up. Roach feces on utensils and evidence of mice feces? Requests in the notes to "please make efforts to control the presence of flies." That is sad, sad, sad.
col mustard

Hanover, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

The publishing of these score is a very good service to the community and those that patronizes the eating establishments. Hopefully over some time the repeats will go away as workers and business are constantly aware of their failures, no matter how small. Everyone gets the opportunity to do correctly by their customers.

The criticals I have less a understanding for other than perhaps they don't give a rats ass. Repeat critical reports are a terribly bad thing and dangerous for consumers. Food stored at above temperature does sicken and can kill a person.

Why is it the restaurants that seem to have a predominantly Hispanic kitchen always have open employee drinks about the food prep areas and like to use bare hands in everything?

Reminds me of when that Mexican grocery store was in town on main street and the different meats in the case were all strewn over each other. Absolutely sickening. that goodness they are gone. Would rather look at an empty building.
EQM

Brookville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

I agree Colonel. I spotted meats in Ruler's open air meat cases that were warm to the touch in January. Then I read the thermometer on the case, and the temp is in the 50s. Probably even warmer on the surface meats. I just made up my mind to not shop there, and to inform others of my findings. I don't understand how a Chinese Restaurant that had roach feces, illegal dumping, fly infestatation, improper temps and everything else could be left open back in the summer when all of this was first discovered. Did they close, or continue to operate? I would hope they would be immediately closed if so many horrible things were discovered by the health dept. Now with this online tool, we don't have to take anyone's word for the cleanliness of a kitchen, nor do we have to individually call to find out. You may say it's clean, but we now can judge for ourselves. I wish they were required to post report cards on the front door with the results of the most recent investigation. Like they do in other states. Shaming would be a great tool to get results. Congratulations to Bistro One, the only one I saw with a consistently clean record. And they are doing some complicated, fresh meals in there, if they can do it, anyone can with a menu of all frozen food like the 'sliders,' sausage and seafood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of59
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
satire 1 hr Nancy 3
Name something you shouldn't do naked..... 3 hr Robin 1 Yates 197
Teachers looked at 4 hr lol 59
Natasha Stacy Wilhelm 7 hr cpd 11
Natasha Stacy (Apr '13) 8 hr The one and only 7
word game 8 hr WIT2 357
Accentuate the Positve - Strive for a Positive ... 9 hr Joy 15
•••
•••