One of Shanda Sharer's killers, Melinda Loveless, wants out of prison

Oct 11, 2007 Full story: WDRB-TV Louisville 380

“Oh I don't think anyone will ever forget it, no nobody's gonna forget it.”

One of the area's most notorious teenage killers wants out of prison. The people of Madison, Indiana are outraged she now wants out. via WDRB-TV Louisville

Full Story
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
right

Fishers, IN

#1 Dec 11, 2007
fat chance
casrox

Louisville, KY

#2 Dec 22, 2007
they tortured a 12 year old they don't deserve to get out of jail ever she not retarted shes just stupid the poor girl was only 12 years old and all the stuff they did to her they deffinetly do not need to be walking the streets so they can get jealous of someone else thats way to young for them to mess with they didnt just kill her they tortured her they beat her with a tool for a tile and jumped her and molested her and they burnt her they did not just kill somone they tortured them wich makes it 10 times worse than just killing somone and it was someone who wa only 12 years old thats so young to for them to be picking on her they should have been picking on somone a little bit closer to there age they better not get out of jail
kittykate

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Jan 6, 2008
The torture and murder of this innocent 12 year old was and is still shocking to me. Melinda and her "friends" who committed this terrible act did so without sympathy, or remorse and in fact bragged about it immediately to friends. The only remorse that Melinda feels is that she was caught for this evil act. Indiana - wake up - this little girl was alive struggling to survive when she was brutally beaten, stabbed, sodomized and burnt alive. This woman is where she belongs - she is evil.
Lori

Cheney, WA

#4 Jan 17, 2008
This Story made be ill. It's shocking. I pray they don't ever let melinda out of prison.
Video Guy

Mchenry, IL

#5 Jan 31, 2008
Here are four videos with some actual locations as i learn about updates of the crime.
The first video is about 5 min and is a brief background of the crime.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FullMoonVideo
Ryan Syler

Oxford, WI

#6 Mar 22, 2008
im in law enforcement and ive seen alot in my ten yrs...however this case really struck a nerve with me and i take it personal due to the malice of the killers. yea melinda and her buddies will all be going to hell when this life is over...theres no doubt about that....there gonna burn for what they did...and no amount of praying or begging for forgiveness is gonna save em cuz their hearts are black...but in this lifetime they need harsh punishment. sixty yrs for melinda isnt enough but if thats what the courts gave her..than thats what she should serve. true justice would see melinda and her friends all go through what they put Shanda through. unfortunatly...that isnt likely to happen...least not on this earth. yet what lies beneath this earth..hell...well...that just might wipe the smirks off their faces. looking past melinda and her pack of misfits we all need to remember the lil girl lost, Shanda, and her family that she was forced to leave behind. allowing laurie...hope and toni to be let out early is brutalizing them all over again. amanda should also have been brought before the courts for her roll...as im sure most are well aware..she "was standing by melindas side," even after she knew what was done to Shanda. let Shanda rest in peace among the angels...and let Shandas family have peace while they are on this earth...separated from the lil girl they loved most. i do disagree with one thing on this site...and thats calling melinda "One of the area's most notorious" cuz shes not notorious..shes just a pathetic excuse for a human. she has and always will amount to nothing. Shanda and her family are the ones who were turned notorious for their courage...strength..dignity... and most of all Shandas legacy she left us all. hundred yrs down the road Shanda will be remembered. but melinda and her clan...nah...they wont be remembered cuz in the end..they dont matter and they never did. i leave you all with something i find very fitting and just...something i remember most about this case...and thats the image of melinda walking from court..hunched over...crying and not Shanda or her crimes against her...but for herself...slithering on the ground like some kind of snake. but Shandas mom..she walked proud from that court and still does today. my heart continues to go out to Shandas and her family...dispite the system...may you all find peace.
only god can judge

United States

#7 Mar 26, 2008
it's awful what happend ....but how does everyone know melinda has no remorse ....or the other girls....do you live with them in prison...do you know what goes through their head at night....have you spoke with them ? but i do believe she should live her life out in prison ...she took a life ...and she should pay for her actions...i dont believe she should be set free....60 years is her punishment thats what she should do....may god be with the families of shanda ...and may god help the women who did this to her....my prayers to the families....
bobbiejo13

United States

#8 Jul 5, 2008
I have been following this since it happened. I am now 35 years old. I don't know exactly what to think, but i do know that what happened was a direct result of jealousy. that little girl was pretty, sweet, and acting of her own volition. if you have a problem with someone, look at yourself first, then maybe TALK to someone. My thoughts and prayers are with Melinda, because i know in my heart she did not mean for this to happen
Kerrie

AOL

#9 Jul 9, 2008
well I think what they did is un forgiveable and wrong and prison is nothing they deserve alot more.I dont care what happend you dont torture and kill some one you have to be messed up in the head. may God be with the familes.
Just surfed in

Ireland

#10 Aug 1, 2008
I have to say the response from "bobbiejo13" is unwanted! What a gobshite they are. They should have got the death penalty. That little one was only 12 & why was she exposed to lesbianism at that young age?(not the acts of lesbianism, I'm talking about the intensity of the relationship to which jealous feelings were aroused..) the older girl Melinda should have known better.. There's a mother without her child now and what a dreadful way she was killed, so inhumane.. God is their judge but until then prison and no air or sun would be more fitting and stick a huge hot carrot up their arses too with electrodes for five hours a day and then stick them in an oven for another five hours & let them sleep in a room full of smelly rotten eggs & fish!
Toni Lawrence

Williamsburg, VA

#11 Nov 30, 2008
michele sandlin

Madison, IN

#12 Jan 15, 2009
I feel in my heart that them girls should stay in prison they took shandas freedom.I DONT THINK Lori should have gotten out .She gets to enjoy her life and could have kids that right was taken away when they went on with the torture of a innocent 12 year old.
Mary Ellen Hannigan

Portland, OR

#13 Jan 23, 2009
I have read the book on Shanda Sharer's murder and dont believe that Melinda should stay in prison for the rest of her natural life. What she did is so evil, I'm sorry there was not a death penalty available for her cause I would have cheerfully pulled the switch on her myself.

That said, I fully support Toni Lawrence in her successful bid to get out of jail. She never should have been put in jail at all. After all, she was the one who told her parents and did the right thing because she felt so sick with remorse. Several times during the murder, she expressed not wanting to be involved, she went back to the car rather than join in on torturing poor little Shanda. She should have gotten complete immunity. Instead because of the horror of the whole thing, even the innocent were sent to jail to satisfy a public bloodlust. I wish Toni all the best, I am praying for her and hope she has a happy and successful life. Please check your facts before you lump her in with the others, she was the most remorseful of all. She deserves your respect and I hope people stop saying untrue, awful things about her. She is a young woman and deserves a new life, a clean slate on write her accomplishments, not condemnation and uninformed insults. She seems like a nice girl from a good family and I wish her well and hope for the best for her.
Mary Ellen Hannigan

Portland, OR

#14 Jan 23, 2009
OOPs -man addendum to my previous post, I mean to say that I DO believe that Melinda should stay in prison for the rest of her life. She is among the most vile females I have ever hear of, too bad she didnt get the death penalty. Sorry about the typo.
are you serious

Manchester, KY

#15 Jan 24, 2009
If you read the details of the case you will know that Toni had MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY opportunities to get help or tell someone what was going on. Poor Shanda was in the trunk of the car for HOURS on end. Toni was the first to show her remorse not because she was truely sorry but because she knew she was in deep trouble and would be caught. Toni served her time (or portion therof). She has paid her "debt to society". That said, would you want her to be working side by side with you? Would you want her to live next door to you and your children? Would you want her to be your neighbor? I know I sure don't. She was a "good kid" to a degree. But, when push came to shove, she didn't do anything to help that poor child. So, she said she didn't want to be involved....why didn't she do something to stop it? Why didn't she tell an adult, ANY adult? Why didn't she tell someone at the gas station? Why didn't she scream out in public somewhere...hey there is a girl locked in this trunk that they are trying to kill!!! Why didn't she say HELP HELP HELP!!! Anything....instead she did NOTHING!

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#16 Feb 18, 2009
i dont know why anyone would feel sorry for any of these girls... will shanda ever get to live a happy and successful life? NO b/c evil people took that right away from her... melinda didn't mean for it to happen??? then what hell was she meaning to do??... some of you people need to think before typing!
sue perry

Denver, CO

#17 Mar 23, 2009
they all should have stayed in jail till death so they could all have suffered. I knew Hope Rippey and her family and i would have never thought this of their child.
Patty

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jul 18, 2009
There are evil people everywhere. I just would not of thought it in such a beautiful town like my home town.I'm sorry for the family's loss. It's to bad they let the one out. They all should do life.
Ms Lovely

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Aug 4, 2009
Mary Ellen Hannigan wrote:
I have read the book on Shanda Sharer's murder and dont believe that Melinda should stay in prison for the rest of her natural life. What she did is so evil, I'm sorry there was not a death penalty available for her cause I would have cheerfully pulled the switch on her myself.
That said, I fully support Toni Lawrence in her successful bid to get out of jail. She never should have been put in jail at all. After all, she was the one who told her parents and did the right thing because she felt so sick with remorse. Several times during the murder, she expressed not wanting to be involved, she went back to the car rather than join in on torturing poor little Shanda. She should have gotten complete immunity. Instead because of the horror of the whole thing, even the innocent were sent to jail to satisfy a public bloodlust. I wish Toni all the best, I am praying for her and hope she has a happy and successful life. Please check your facts before you lump her in with the others, she was the most remorseful of all. She deserves your respect and I hope people stop saying untrue, awful things about her. She is a young woman and deserves a new life, a clean slate on write her accomplishments, not condemnation and uninformed insults. She seems like a nice girl from a good family and I wish her well and hope for the best for her.
What Toni Did was worse! She is and was a coward. She could have saved that childs life. It would have been atleast 2 against them. She is as guilty as them for doing nothing. I knew Toni and to this day can't believe she did nothing. I had always looked up to her. She hung out with my sister,we only live down the road from the tracks. I can't understand this crap. I would have taken a beaten rather than sit there and do nothing.
Aliceisthiswound erland

Tampa, FL

#20 Aug 23, 2009
I'm surprised nobody has hunted these girls down since a couple have been released. As a human being I ask how can you forgive someone from doing this? We all are imperfect but this was terrible. Better yet how could a human being do this to someone. These girls didn't have the guts to say to Melinda we are not going to do this. I guess they were all scared of her. Lets kill a girl we don't even know how much more dumb can you get. I just don't believe these girls have remorse, or guilt for that matter. They should have all got the death penalty, but I guess since doing drugs is more important than murdering someone it is all up to God what happens to them, and there will be suffering in death. We are in the end times, and the wicked people will be tortured, and thrown in the lake of fire. They shall look for death but death will flee from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breanna Hensley 18 hr hurpaderpa 3
topix Sat you moron 4
Any hot gays in town? (Jan '14) Sat CornCakez15 15
Eric Knotts (May '13) Sat Kmsg 16
Bryan Snothood Fri booger 2
Scottsburg Sheriff (May '11) Nov 21 yours truly 23
found ! young collie mix found Nov 20 found pup 2
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover People Search