Hannibal Man Charged in Alleged Dog Stomping

Full story: Fox4KC 20
Municipal charges have been filed against a Hannibal man accused of stomping a dog to death. Full Story
red queen

Kansas City, MO

#1 Mar 17, 2010
It is horrible that this is a misdemeanor, this should be a felony.
Angie

Excelsior Springs, MO

#2 Mar 17, 2010
Anyone for stomping on the guys head? Im all for it!!! An eye for an eye, right?
PETA

Hiawatha, KS

#3 Mar 17, 2010
angie..im in for bashing this guys head! still not understanding how this is just a misdemeanor. same thing as killing a small baby to me, this dog couldn't defend himself from a grown man, same thing, its a life too. this stuff pisses me off
Disgusted

Lees Summit, MO

#4 Mar 17, 2010
Angie so are sooooooooo right! Sick bastard!
Rhonda

United States

#5 Mar 17, 2010
What? Misdemeanor? It is a statistic that people that will abuse animals usually move on to humans as they do not have emotions like "normal" people. This guy needs to be in jail.
wow

Kansas City, MO

#6 Mar 17, 2010
of course the dog was growling at him. Animals sense good from bad. Poor thing probably knew what it was in for before the sicko even knew what he was going to do.
Bill

Leawood, KS

#7 Mar 17, 2010
Kick this offense on to the state and let them prosecute. Forget about this rivertown municiple court.
KCnurse

Leavenworth, KS

#8 Mar 17, 2010
I am a nurse. I help sick and hurt individuals on a daily basis. Some sad cases. I cry driving home sometime. BUT, what is sad also are some animal rights activists who put more worth on an animal than a person. That is weird thinking. Even if the guy was in the wrong. You want to bash his head in. Have you ever seen a bashed in head? Would you do that to a person? Maybe I would want to if he/she hurt a kid like my child, but not my dog. I would want to sue him, and make him wear a sign that said "I am a animal abuser." Or, "I am a poor excuse for a human being. Free kick in the ass"
Weirdo at work

Fort Collins, CO

#9 Mar 17, 2010
Let's just say that I place more value on most dogs than I do an animal abuser. It IS true that the pain they inflict on an innocent animal can just as easily be turned on a human. Wouldn't you rather 'nip this one in the bud' or let another life be snuffed out? The next could be yours.
cherokee316

Kansas City, MO

#10 Mar 17, 2010
Hopefully someone will stomp on this piece of trashes head.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#11 Mar 17, 2010
KCnurse wrote:
I am a nurse. I help sick and hurt individuals on a daily basis. Some sad cases. I cry driving home sometime. BUT, what is sad also are some animal rights activists who put more worth on an animal than a person. That is weird thinking. Even if the guy was in the wrong. You want to bash his head in. Have you ever seen a bashed in head? Would you do that to a person? Maybe I would want to if he/she hurt a kid like my child, but not my dog. I would want to sue him, and make him wear a sign that said "I am a animal abuser." Or, "I am a poor excuse for a human being. Free kick in the **** "
I know what you is sad put i dont think this creep would make it to the ER it be more like the morgue. And its a proven fact that people who commit crimes like this creep did will commit a crime like this to a human. My opion is put him out of his misery. like take him to a pit bull party lock him in the cage with them see if he can stomp a groupe of pit bulls without haveing his nuts and head ripped off. Just my opion
jlee

Richland Center, WI

#12 Mar 17, 2010
I care far more for my dog than for most people I know. Animals are the only creatures capable of loving unconditionally and they should be protected and valued as much as any human being. The man who did this does not deserve anything better than the hell that surely awaits him in the next life.
For what its worth

Leawood, KS

#13 Mar 17, 2010
KCnurse wrote:
I am a nurse. I help sick and hurt individuals on a daily basis. Some sad cases. I cry driving home sometime. BUT, what is sad also are some animal rights activists who put more worth on an animal than a person. That is weird thinking. Even if the guy was in the wrong. You want to bash his head in. Have you ever seen a bashed in head? Would you do that to a person? Maybe I would want to if he/she hurt a kid like my child, but not my dog. I would want to sue him, and make him wear a sign that said "I am a animal abuser." Or, "I am a poor excuse for a human being. Free kick in the **** "
I am sure they were making a point. A serious sentence would be one year at the animal shelter full time just feeding and cleaning poop/piss. A couple weekends in the pen. House arrest in the evening with a drug/alcohol device on the ankle for two years. He will get a fine and probation unfortunately. Likely in the news down the road for something worse.
kcmo

Lees Summit, MO

#14 Mar 17, 2010
I am also a nurse, but i totally agree with the guy that said if he could hurt an animal like that he would hurt a human being like that!! He should be in jail, just like he would be if it was a human being.
what a creep

Prairie Village, KS

#15 Mar 17, 2010
This man needs to go to jail for a long time, killing a poor defenseless animal ,is beyond cruel! I agree , if he can hurt an animal, he would hurt a child or a woman. I hope the judge gives him the longest sentence possible. And I hope his girlfriend knows enough to stay away from someone this dangerous! If he comes around you again, call the police. He needs to get stomped on too !
Fishinfred

Shawnee, KS

#16 Mar 18, 2010
Well I hope the girlfriend realizes she may well be next and leaves the cruel bastard The State should have prosecuted though so there was a chance of a felony
someone in ks

Leavenworth, KS

#17 Mar 18, 2010
Okay, first of all when an animal is backed into a small space they tend to get scared. Being backed in that small space and to have a big man come reaching his hand in there (who I am sure the dog could tell didn't like him in the first place) that is scary for the poor little dog!! Of course this poor little dog can't say, "hey, I'm scared. Please don't do that." Instead they growl to show how they are feeling! This guy needs some serious help, he should be put in jail for this!! I know some people say that an animals life isn't as valuable as a human one... they have obviously never had the love of a loyal dog!! People are just mean!!!
mo in kc

Nashville, TN

#18 Mar 18, 2010
Thank goodness the authorities are starting to take
animal abuse and cruelty seriously and are prosecuting the sickoes to the full extent of the law. However the law should be changed to maximise
the penalty for abusing animals.
bill

Racine, WI

#19 Apr 17, 2010
Wasn't their a boyd who cut a dog up in Keokuk not too long ago?
Tess

Racine, WI

#20 Apr 17, 2010
a UFO crash land in Keokuk Iowa. I gotta be very careful with the details I give you over this message because I believe Iím being watched by the NSA, CIA and the U.S. Marshalls. I donít know what to say. Theyíre blaming it on some sort of transformer explosion, you know, like robotic vehicles that turn into UFOs. Theyíre full of s***, because Iíve seen a UFO in a football field in Keokuk Iowa. Iím in hiding right now. Iím calling from a stolen cellular phone. You need to investigate this. Maybe it was done by a space alien

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hannibal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 hr hahaha 3,194
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 8 hr Yellow Dawg Democrat 97,288
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... Tue Go Blue Forever 590
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... Mon FyI 304
Deputies Say 'Paving Company' Is Scamming the E... (Jan '08) Sep 28 Joplin boy 108
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Sep 23 Jenny 6,937
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Sep 20 Obama Bitches 10,212
Hannibal Dating
Find my Match

Hannibal Jobs

Hannibal People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hannibal News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hannibal

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]