Hannibal, Mo., marks centenary of Twa...

Hannibal, Mo., marks centenary of Twain's death

There are 3 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Mar 30, 2010, titled Hannibal, Mo., marks centenary of Twain's death. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Author Samuel Longhorne Clemens, better known under his pen name, Mark Twain, is seen in this undated file photo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Sandra Simmons Rubinstein

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 30, 2010
If you have not been to visit Hannibal, Missouri..you are missing out!!! You just simply MUST go, for a weekend, for an event, even if only for a day! It is as if you have taken a step back in time, you will actually feel it! Please join in, and join the fun, friendly little American Hometown! Ain't nuthin' like it....

Sikeston, MO

#2 Jun 1, 2010
I agree and plan to go back this month with my granddaughters.
Paula Shinn-Lovell

United States

#3 Jul 29, 2010
Hannibal, Missouri, "America's Hometown", the setting for Mark Twain's books "Tom Sawyer" and "Huckleberry Finn", call it what you want, IT'S MY HOMETOWN. Although Mark Twain (Samuel Longhorn Clemens) was not born here, he was like me, "planted" at an early age. I think he was three and I was two. However, my mother was born and raised in this town, so I call it "my hometown".
If you are a Mark Twain fan and want an inexpensive, wholesome vacation for your family, come to my town. The locals are friendly and your children will get a good taste of what core family values used to be. You can tour the cave where the infamous Injun Joe died to the home of "The Unsinkable Molly Brown". Hannibal, Missouri has a lot to offer besides Mark Twain and Molly Brown. Hannibal is the most beautiful town I have ever been in! I have moved away, but like Samuel Clemens, to river beckons me back calling "Mark Twain!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hannibal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lake Ozark manhunt suspect accused of other pas... Sep '15 jim 1
News Men nabbed in asphalt scam to appear in court M... (Aug '08) Aug '15 John 24
Gabriellas Restaurant (Sep '13) Aug '15 John 3
mathew clatt (Jul '12) Jul '15 John 11
kenny clatt (Jul '12) Jul '15 Autumn Clatt 2
Debate: Farm Chores - Hannibal, MO (Apr '12) Jul '15 Sunnynwarm 2
virgin male 4 female (Oct '14) Jul '15 Sunnynwarm 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hannibal Mortgages