Point Pleasant Fire Department Solici...

Point Pleasant Fire Department Solicits Donations, Following Budget Cuts

There are 35 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Jul 31, 2014, titled Point Pleasant Fire Department Solicits Donations, Following Budget Cuts. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Point Pleasant , Mason County , West Virginia A local fire station is taking unusual action after massive cuts to their budget.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Ravenswood, WV

#1 Aug 1, 2014
If they are needing money, why dont they sell the hummer that the chief drives around in? They have a van and pick-up he could use.
bounty hunter

Charleston, WV

#2 Aug 1, 2014
very good glad some one said that..
Unknown

United States

#3 Aug 1, 2014
That's his brand new chiefs vehicle.. That'd be an extra 50 or 60 grand they need. But he gets what he wants.
curious

Ravenswood, WV

#4 Aug 1, 2014
Why does he need a personal vehicle? The other fireman drive their own.
wtf

Middleport, OH

#5 Aug 2, 2014
No the chief doesn't need a fire department vehicle to drive personally. .. he bullied his guys into buying the hummer for him... This family is pathetic... ran some of the best firefighters off from their department. .... However chief is good about crying saying he needs money... here is a thought..... manage the money you have. .. everyone else has to....
True Dat

Point Pleasant, WV

#6 Aug 2, 2014
The thing I hate is when they stand in the middle if the road wanting handouts,, if I'd try that the cops would make me leave
Change

United States

#7 Aug 2, 2014
City passed an ordnance that prohibits groups from tagging the streets now begging for money . So unless they change the ordnance , which I hear its in the making to fit certain groups needs , the fd , churches , sport groups , cheer leaders , or any other group are not allowed .
curious

Ravenswood, WV

#8 Aug 2, 2014
I would bet the farm the fire department had to pay big dollars to have the donation packets done. These are professional packets the kind that you pay a percentage of donations received back to the agency. Not real smart chief!!!
enough

Charleston, WV

#9 Aug 2, 2014
Is Point Pleasant a paid or volunteer department?

“OMG DID YOU HEAR THAT”

Since: Sep 10

Huntington

#10 Aug 2, 2014
enough wrote:
Is Point Pleasant a paid or volunteer department?
All volunteer But the chief does work for the city, Not for sure what dept.. They screwed the paid men out of their jobs .. so no city coverage..... but what can you do.
curious

Ravenswood, WV

#11 Aug 2, 2014
The chief is the building inspector, but if they have a call where ever he goes in town or out of town. You would think he would have to stay in his office instead of leaving anytime he wants. He's got everyone fooled, thinks their department can't function without him. Ha Ha!
blue

Gallipolis, OH

#12 Aug 2, 2014
Whatever happened to the Fireman that used the FD credit card for his personal use? I believe his name was Blake or Bryant. Did he pay back the money? Anyone know?
True Dat

Point Pleasant, WV

#13 Aug 2, 2014
blue wrote:
Whatever happened to the Fireman that used the FD credit card for his personal use? I believe his name was Blake or Bryant. Did he pay back the money? Anyone know?
probably Jeremy apple don't fall far from the tree
FD Jailbird

United States

#14 Aug 2, 2014
It was a Blake who stole the credit card & did some time. His dear old Dad tried to buy him out of it, but no dice.
taxpayer

Point Pleasant, WV

#15 Aug 2, 2014
Well they won't see a dime of my money. That van that was DONATED to them would've been just fine for Jeremy to drive the one block to the station. What a waste of money. Btw, would someone tell me what business the city inspector had participating in an active shooter drill at the high school? The next time I call for city business and he's out playing fireman or cop I think a call to the ethics commission would be in order for misappropriation of funds by the city since he's not docked time for things that aren't city business.(And yes I know for a fact he's not docked for that) It's not personal but I already pay the FD on my water bill that other departments don't get. Manage what I gave you to begin with. And mayor Billings, you need to get control if him when he's on OUR DIME! Thanks
hi

United States

#16 Aug 2, 2014
Damn you all sure hate the chief. I personally don't know him but I haven't seen him do anything worth the tongue lashing you give him, and I didn't know that the city of Point Pleasant ever staffed paid firefighters pretty small town to have 4-5 guys on shift 24/7
richardsimmons

Columbus, OH

#17 Aug 2, 2014
If the FD Chief is Jeremy Bryant, how in the hell does he pass any kind of fitness test? He is as round as he is tall!!! It must be a bitch finding jeans in a size 58-24!!! There is no way on this earth that guy can get in a fireman suit and pass a fit test. Please tell me how he is the chief???
asking

Middleport, OH

#18 Aug 3, 2014
His family and friends vote him in as the chief.. There is no fitness test... he runs everyone away that doesn't like him... the aep van wasn't cool enough for him.... the mayor needs to pull in the rains on him... he doesn't know crap about inspections... I need that job... do nothing and get paid for it...
logic

New Haven, WV

#19 Aug 3, 2014
This thread made it to number 9 on the popular post page.
logic

New Haven, WV

#20 Aug 3, 2014
logic wrote:
This thread made it to number 9 on the popular post page.
Popular news stories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Handley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jim bob hardesty (Oct '11) 4 hr Some where over t... 50
Dead N Injured Pratt Firefighters 12 hr technically 43
Luis Jackson 18 hr Luis sister 2
best b-ball players ever in the valley (Jul '10) 21 hr Westside 72
Mark Legg (Feb '16) 22 hr Westside 13
Really trying to get all close with a married m... (Sep '17) Wed Bingo 3
Apparently some married don't seem to be who th... Wed Bingo 4

Handley Jobs

Personal Finance

Handley Mortgages