Waikiki's vibrant 'heartbeat' - Hawai...

Waikiki's vibrant 'heartbeat' - Hawaii Features

There are 4 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 31, 2009, titled Waikiki's vibrant 'heartbeat' - Hawaii Features. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The few island residents who saw either version of "Waikiki nei" during its brief run last summer at what was then known as the Waikiki nei Showroom witnessed the failure of a well-intentioned effort to share the history of Waikiki without offending anybody.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

really roy

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jul 31, 2009
So all these new Chinese tourists who will flock to Hawaii on Hainan Airlines can come all the way here to....see a bunch of Chinese people do martial arts to music?!? Way to go Roy!
oh boy

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jul 31, 2009
i'm a local that went to see Heartbeat Hawaii (the tickets were free, so we decided to check it out...why not). the show was AWFUL! the theme song, or whatever that song is they sing at the end is soooo corny...and i still have no idea what all those dance numbers had to do with Hawaii. tourist MIGHT (i say MIGHT) enjoy this show, i doubt locals will.
oh boy

Honolulu, HI

#3 Jul 31, 2009
I'll only go and see it if it has a train in it.
Sensei J Richard Kirkham

Chicago, IL

#4 Aug 1, 2009
Lua is one of those martial arts which remains a nonwatered down combative art

Rick
http://MartialArts808.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanalei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
seeking a partner Apr '17 Jerry 1
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Apr '17 Musikologist 18
Join a focus group on Kaua'i transportation on ... Feb '17 kauaifocusgroup 1
Anyone know alexandria tangalin / gregg (Jan '17) Jan '17 Xotto 1
Do you know Alexandria Tangalin(or Gregg) (Sep '11) Jan '17 Troy Morgan 13
News June 27 lava flow comes to an end (Jun '16) Jun '16 Boi Rollins 1
News Walgreens seeks to open store in Nanakuli - Bus... (Sep '08) Jun '14 tommy 52

Hanalei Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanalei Mortgages