Bioenergy plan in works

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Biofuels, criticized by some as contributing to worldwide food shortages by diverting crops from grocery stores, are getting a closer look in Hawaii as the state continues searching for ways to curb its ...
Comments
101 - 103 of 103 Comments Last updated Jan 29, 2010
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
CareLes

Saint Michael, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

boondoggs wrote:
<quoted text>
You did one service today-- you provided a list of ingredients that consumers can look for if they want to avoid GMOs-- here it is again:
avoid--
Modified Starch
Unmodified Starch
Monohydrate Dextrose
Anhydrous Dextrose
High Fructose Corn Syrup
High Maltose Corn Syrup
Glucose Corn Syrup
Maltodextrin
Corn Syrup Solids
Good luck.
CareLes

Saint Michael, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

boondoggs wrote:
Funny how ur so proud of how your crap food has infiltrated nearly every product on grocery shelves.
I'm not proud of it. This method of feeding our population and the infrastructure/practices facilitating it were developed in the seventies, and both the producers and the consumers are seriously hooked. Some folks eat nothing but fast food and soda (both of which are mostly GMO corn.)

Like I said earlier, it makes me sick.

But I can tell you for sure, after listing to your thoughtless rants over the last two weeks, that your family is closer to the typical than mine is, and the people living near you consume much more of this crapfood than the people living near me.

Go ahead and by the pseudo-organic food from costco, but know that you are eating the same thing as the bulk of the country's population unless you grow your own food like I do.

Les
boondoggs

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

you think i culd afford psuedo organic if i had a family?

i agree, people should grow their own food. I, also, think the government should set up a sort of agricultural corps, so all the people on welfare, etc., should be required to enter into it & grow their own food. Fact is seems government wants the popultaion hooked on getting fed from indutrial ag. Farmers are too self-reliant and they don't want that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanalei Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanalei People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••