Tour trouble falls to new mayor - News

Tour trouble falls to new mayor - News

There are 1 comment on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 6, 2008, titled Tour trouble falls to new mayor - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Question: What ever happened to the promise by interim Kauai Mayor Bill "Kaipo" Asing to fix the mess involving tour boats in Hanalei? Answer: When Asing was sworn in as mayor in July, he said his first ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Lynn Alapa

Kilauea, HI

#1 Dec 7, 2008
The article "tour trouble falls to new Mayor" mentions protestors.
After all the propaganda lately whether to do with Kaua'i and the Super Ferry or the Rail Transit and the Bed and Breakfast situation and the No Growth push please understand Oahu that a handful of people can poison a Community and Island and a State and this is what has been going on in Hanalei. A handful of people that know how to manipulate the system and put fear into people. When I say handful I mean handful. If these people would quit terrorizing our politicions by trying to force their point of view through no matter of any of the other points of view or as in days past where everyone tried to make it work the best for as many as they could and in the natural way of things in the Islands where you didn't move here from somewhere else and suddenly start trying to take over. Hello...this is a time of change and a time to build the middle class as we fuel the economy. This is a time of hope and of working together. This is a time to appreciate each other and how we cross sell and filter up and filter down and effect each other. This is a time to care. I hope that Kaua'i's
Mayor works with Mr. Sheehan as his land/boat yard and vision answer many of the problems in Hanalei area. For that matter this area has for generations answered the needs of the community. Many in the community want to help stabalize our situations and make it all work for more people then less. Right now our number one problem has been "protestors". People that really have no business at all to push their weight around. People that know one from Hanalei really would want to actually know let alone listen to. As we ask them. "Take the next step and run for council. Guess what? No one is going to vote for you". So please powers that be thank God you turn your back. It's truely ridiculous what we are going through over here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanalei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Kapaa, HI (Jul '10) Feb '16 diacesus 8
News Top 10 activities on Kauai, Hawaii Jan '16 Josh 1
News Former church secretary jailed for theft - Hawa... (Dec '08) Jan '16 Victim 12
News Rare skull disease afflicts child (May '08) Nov '15 District 1 27
Kapaa Music Thread (Apr '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 17
Dr. Scott Sims, Aloha Vet. (Aug '15) Oct '15 Go Blue Forever 2
News Kauai nears drowning record - Hawaii News (Oct '08) Sep '15 Raiderron 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanalei Mortgages