A final Kwanzaa celebration at little known historical site

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ABC News 4 Charleston

CHARLESTON, S.C. Friends gathered on a small plot of land just off Folly Road and Country Club Drive to remember their ancestors on Tuesday.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Mar 4, 2013
harambee mah shizzle

Harrow, UK

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Yo Harambee! just wait until some jewish businessman works out how to exploit kwanzaa, then we'll see it really get promoted. And the blacks will get left right out. next , a Disney feel-good film about Kwanzaa. just you wait!
FULL MONTY

Forest Park, GA

#2 Jan 2, 2013
harambee mah shizzle wrote:
Yo Harambee! just wait until some jewish businessman works out how to exploit kwanzaa, then we'll see it really get promoted. And the blacks will get left right out. next , a Disney feel-good film about Kwanzaa. just you wait!
maybe the Queen can invite you down for a cup of tea to celebrate with you....
jew debbil box merchant

Harrow, UK

#3 Jan 2, 2013
FULL MONTY wrote:
<quoted text> maybe the Queen can invite you down for a cup of tea to celebrate with you....
I expect that Kwanzaa will be an official holiday (or "Golliday" as it will be for darkies only) in the UK next year. Obama will tell us to get it sorted.
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jan 2, 2013
FULL MONTY wrote:
<quoted text> maybe the Queen can invite you down for a cup of tea to celebrate with you....
The Queen, huh? Well in that case, Full Monty, pip-pip to you, old boy! First the previous guy makes some vicious remark about Jews, and now you chime in with this sarcasm. Well, look on the bright side. Instead of paying big bucks to go down to the Seminole Indian reservation on 441 and see some famous comedian, I can get my chuckles by reading these Topix posts.
FULL MONTY

Forest Park, GA

#5 Jan 3, 2013
if Kwanzaa is to draw a larger world wide audience then it needs the KARDASHIAN clan behind it with all of their cross cultural activity. Perhaps a book tour with Kim's new best seller "Chasing the Elusive Alabama Black Snake" and her rapper cheerleader with a new hit Getting the BIG BOOTY. Kwanzaa and Kim Kardashian has potential.
a laugh a minute

UK

#6 Jan 3, 2013
Vivek Golikeri wrote:
<quoted text>
The Queen, huh? Well in that case, Full Monty, pip-pip to you, old boy! First the previous guy makes some vicious remark about Jews, and now you chime in with this sarcasm. Well, look on the bright side. Instead of paying big bucks to go down to the Seminole Indian reservation on 441 and see some famous comedian, I can get my chuckles by reading these Topix posts.
wow? are redskins really that funny? you pay to go to the reservation and laugh at one of them? what's his name? Big Chief Falling Trousers?
Smoking hot

Goose Creek, SC

#7 Mar 4, 2013
How about American heritage celebration day.

Celebrating being American, not because of race color or creed... Just being an american.

You can celebrate Kwanza, or black history, have a black USA pagent,Miss black America pagent. But you can't have a unite white American celebration. An all White Miss America Pagent, a white history month etc.

Most of this isfacetious as there shouldn't be an all white American month celbration... nor should there be a black history month celebration... It should be a national american month celebration

It is right that it is a Miss America pagent open to all. It shouldn't be Miss White America Pagent, nor should it be a Miss Black America pagent.

Racism is a two way street. But black history, Kwanza, NAACP, Miss Black America is just as racist as it being the other way around.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sun GOLDSTONE REPORT 1,149
Divorce Lawyers - Schmutz & Schmutz (Nov '11) Sun boteach schmutz 4
Charleston's CresCom Bank acquiring 13 branches... Sat Crooked Rooster 2
Warning to ALL bicyclists; Charleston, South Ca... Sat Crooked Rooster 2
Review: Southeastern Property And Equity Manage... Aug 28 Criminal Slumlords 2
Debate: Ferguson - Charleston, SC Aug 27 anonymous does good 8
Special Report part 4: The violence at home Aug 23 concerned 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanahan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanahan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanahan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanahan
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••