Children Stuffed in Trash Bags Died of Heat Exhaustion

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Two young children found stuffed in trash bags in their mother's Hanahan apartment in July died hours earlier of heat exhaustion in her car.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
tammy delph

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 13, 2007
 
it is a shame she was too stupid and forefited these childrens lives for nothing. she may have needed to work but there is plenty of help out there for child care so she could work. and where was the childrens father when this took place. family, friends, neighbors, or in-laws! i hope they give her what is coming to her. have no sympathy for her! she had none for her kids!
tammy delph

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 13, 2007
 
there should be no compassion for her. i bet you will be the next one in the news killing your kids!!!!! she could have checked on those kids and the motherly bathing! please! she only did that cause they probably had urine and feses all over them from being left for hours. you are just as sick if you think she needs compassion. if you feel this sickenly stong about it then pay here lawyer bills get her off and take care of her! how stupid can you be!
Compassionate wrote:
I really don't believe this mother should get the maximum penalty. A parent who abuses their children should be sent to prison for life. This mother was trying to make a living as best she could but this day, her back was against the wall. She was praised by family and friends about how she was a good mother. The economy has people doing the unthinkable...just to survive. She apparently had good intentions by putting a battery-operated fan in the car, water and food....she thought just that one time, she could pull it off (not miss work and take her babies back home at end of work day). Lesson for employers/government agencies: Make it easier for parents to work and have affordable or free childcare on worksite or some where. Lesson for families/friends: Try to help ones who are trying so hard to take care of the homefront. Being a single, black mother is not easy. Don't judge this woman, rather pray for her. She is not the average abusive type. She even bathe her children after she got them home. I suppose this was her way of performing what she knew would be her last motherly act. People are judging the fact that she went to get something to eat after their deaths. She was not herself after she discovered her babies dead. I am sure she lost it. She will be living hell for a long time just for trying to "survive"in a world of "What in the hell should I do". How many of you (parents) have taken a chance at leaving your child some where questionable, left the room for a moment, mistakenly gave him/her wrong medicine or too much of it, etc., but just was blessed not for anything to happen. Don't judge. We all are one mistake away for being in trouble or making a bad decision.
tammy delph

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 13, 2007
 
she never even checked on the kids the whole day. and where and what kind of work did she do that she didnt get a break to check on her kids and what kind of boss does she have to not notice this or if the boss did know, why didnt they let the children come in. god i am just so sick to death and have so much to say that my blood is just boiling. i dont know if life in prison or the death penalty is best for her. some become adapted to prison life (like susan smith) and it is like home and doesnt bother them. killing them would just be putting them out of their misery! go back to the 18th century and torture all people whom harm kids!!!!!!
So Sad

Winnsboro, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 13, 2007
 
Too bad that she couldn't or didn't seek care for the children from their father. If they had one. You know they can pull the disappearing act.
Almost the same

Winnsboro, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Sep 13, 2007
 
It is sad that she left them in the hot car but it is good that she was going to work instead of out partying.
ZWA

Lugoff, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 13, 2007
 
Cry me a fu**ing river ! I'm supposed to feel sorry for the idiot mother. She left her kids in a hot car to die.
firemanswife

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 13, 2007
 
Almost the same wrote:
It is sad that she left them in the hot car but it is good that she was going to work instead of out partying.
what difference does it make? she still left them in a hot car. how can anyone be so brainless??

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Sep 13, 2007
 
So Sad wrote:
Too bad that she couldn't or didn't seek care for the children from their father. If they had one. You know they can pull the disappearing act.
Yes, they can disappear. In that case, it is up to their mother to be their sole protector. I've been a single mom for all of my son's 18 years. There have been days when my son was not well and could not go to school, but I had an understanding boss who would allow me to take him to work with me and stay in another part of the office. At one point, I had a boss who was not very understanding. She was not my boss for very long. I find it very hard to believe that any boss would have not allowed her to find an area in her workplace where these kids would have been safe, if only for a few hours. Unless she was not a good employee to start with, with chronic absences and tardies. Then that is the mother's problem, because she shouldn't have kids she cannot provide for.

“Still me. ”

Since: May 07

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 13, 2007
 
735stacey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they can disappear. In that case, it is up to their mother to be their sole protector. I've been a single mom for all of my son's 18 years. There have been days when my son was not well and could not go to school, but I had an understanding boss who would allow me to take him to work with me and stay in another part of the office. At one point, I had a boss who was not very understanding. She was not my boss for very long. I find it very hard to believe that any boss would have not allowed her to find an area in her workplace where these kids would have been safe, if only for a few hours. Unless she was not a good employee to start with, with chronic absences and tardies. Then that is the mother's problem, because she shouldn't have kids she cannot provide for.
In a perfect world we as single moms would have daycare either at the job or somehere where they don't charge an arm and a leg. I can't imagine the employer not letting her bring the kids in if she would have asked. Like you said if she was a good employee she may have been able to go home without penalty or bring them in so they would not be out in the car in the heat. No employer would be so cruel to let kids die rom heat exhaustion. That would mean they were an excessary to abuse and neglect and death. Not a charge they want on theit heads.
stephanie rembert

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 13, 2007
 
I feel that this lady should have asked someone for some help because the children today are our future and we cannot let any of them slip through the cracks, there are so many places that she could have taken her children for example the hospital,or the next door neighbors house this was a fatal mistake that should not have happen, and I myself feel for her because years ago there was no place that you could drop your children off but now they give you the opportunity to at least drop them at a local institution of safety and maybe she felt that she would suffer major consequences if she had done that so maybe we need to really take a look at the situation because maybe she felt trapped and did not know where to turn to.
B Clark

Swansea, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Sep 13, 2007
 
Compassionate wrote:
I really don't believe this mother should get the maximum penalty. A parent who abuses their children should be sent to prison for life. This mother was trying to make a living as best she could but this day, her back was against the wall. She was praised by family and friends about how she was a good mother. The economy has people doing the unthinkable...just to survive. She apparently had good intentions by putting a battery-operated fan in the car, water and food....she thought just that one time, she could pull it off (not miss work and take her babies back home at end of work day). Lesson for employers/government agencies: Make it easier for parents to work and have affordable or free childcare on worksite or some where. Lesson for families/friends: Try to help ones who are trying so hard to take care of the homefront. Being a single, black mother is not easy. Don't judge this woman, rather pray for her. She is not the average abusive type. She even bathe her children after she got them home. I suppose this was her way of performing what she knew would be her last motherly act. People are judging the fact that she went to get something to eat after their deaths. She was not herself after she discovered her babies dead. I am sure she lost it. She will be living hell for a long time just for trying to "survive"in a world of "What in the hell should I do". How many of you (parents) have taken a chance at leaving your child some where questionable, left the room for a moment, mistakenly gave him/her wrong medicine or too much of it, etc., but just was blessed not for anything to happen. Don't judge. We all are one mistake away for being in trouble or making a bad decision.
Are you serious? Your statement is contradicting on some points. You say her last motherly act was bathing them yet, you say don't judge her for going out to eat after their death because she "lost it". This woman was not the ignorant, deprived woman you seem to think she is. She was an educated, self willed person who did not take assistance from the government so what makes you think she was so backed into a corner, didn't know any better, and didn't have any help?

Her children are DEAD because of her actions. Because she didn't want to lose her JOB. As for giving a child the wrong medicine or leaving them somewhere questionable, a RESPONSIBLE, loving parent would not do that. You cannot make excuses for every "mistake" you make.
the point

Laurinburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Sep 13, 2007
 
God have mercy on this world!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanahan Discussions

Search the Hanahan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 15 hr Bonnie Wheeler 1,120
Segars-Andrews Jails Father. Supreme Ct Reverses (Jan '10) Fri This Is Shocking 10
judge segars-andrews' dark side (Dec '09) Fri This Is Shocking 11
Segars-Andrews Mental Health Now In Question (Dec '09) Fri This Is Shocking 14
Judge Segars-Andrews: Post and Courier Comments (Dec '09) Fri This Is Shocking 39
Investigation continues into Myrtle Beach Memor... Jul 11 Old Dirty Turd 10
Charles Green the angry grandpa (Nov '11) Jul 10 Maddie 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanahan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanahan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanahan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanahan
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••