Children Stuffed in Trash Bags Died of Heat Exhaustion

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Two young children found stuffed in trash bags in their mother's Hanahan apartment in July died hours earlier of heat exhaustion in her car.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Sep 13, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
me n sc

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

SHE CRAZY THESE PEOPLE NEED HELP. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD. I KNOW WHAT IT IS PEOPLE GOING CRAZY CAUSE THE BIBLE IS BEING REVEALED AND THE LORD IS COMMING BACK THATS WHY ALL THIS CRAZY MESS IS GOING ON. MY GOOD FOLKS YALL BETTER PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE REVELATION!!!!! TAKE CARE BE SAFE
willie mae montgomery

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Those are God's children it's wrong.
Jackie

Cayce, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Why would you leave your kids in the car all day with the windows rolled up while you work? You don't want anyone to take the kids but you are not letting them breathe-their is someone that could have kept those kids-where was the sorry dad? You knew that was unsafe in the first place-think people-think-poor babies did not have a chance-you just walked off and left them in the car-sorry parent!
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

I cannot imagine how those babies suffered in that hot car.

They're resting now in the Loving Arms of God -- Two more angels in Heaven.

There are no words I can find right now to describe my thoughts about this woman -- she does NOT deserve the honor of being called "mother".
K Williams

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

She needs to stay locked up. I would have end up losing my job just so I could make sure my kids are taken care of.
COPLEYBOY- RIDGEWAY

Great Falls, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

me n sc wrote:
SHE CRAZY THESE PEOPLE NEED HELP. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD. I KNOW WHAT IT IS PEOPLE GOING CRAZY CAUSE THE BIBLE IS BEING REVEALED AND THE LORD IS COMMING BACK THATS WHY ALL THIS CRAZY MESS IS GOING ON. MY GOOD FOLKS YALL BETTER PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE REVELATION!!!!! TAKE CARE BE SAFE
I IS WID JU MAMA!

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

These poor babies.
B Clark

Ridge Spring, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

She should be charged with MURDER.
KEMONIE

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

FRIST SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD THEM IN THE CAR IN THE FRIST PLACE DUH!

Since: Aug 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Wasn't this reported before?

However, the real question remains; Why is she still alive? Has our society finally deteriorated enough too where we are now treating victim and aggressor alike?

Now many out there will bemoan the fact that society placed her in this position with no other alterantives....trying to rationalize her situation,...thus a percentage in our system have fallen into a foolish situation of treating victim and aggressor alike.

Here's a better solution to steem this type of behavior. Let society react like they did for thousands of years against these monsters, by nipping it in the bud and setting examples to those who would do the same.... make them howl!

It's like the Susan Smith case....why in our "Judical system" is she still alive...have out court rooms also deteriorated enough to where it too, cannot meter out justice? Or has it now evolved into a simple cockpit for lawyers to fight in, in which justice in not dispensed with any form of reliability?

Personal responsibility should be the rope woven in which she hangs from, and I hope its not a clean drop, but one which the run the goat out from uder her azz and she left swinging in the breeze, tap dancing on air.
WOW

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

She purposely left the children in the care and they die and it's homicide by child abuse AND gets a lawyer to do a pro bono; but my friend killed someone in self-defense and it's murder and has a "public defender" who does NOTHING...what is the world coming to??
WOW

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

oops "car"
Compassionate

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

I really don't believe this mother should get the maximum penalty. A parent who abuses their children should be sent to prison for life. This mother was trying to make a living as best she could but this day, her back was against the wall. She was praised by family and friends about how she was a good mother. The economy has people doing the unthinkable...just to survive. She apparently had good intentions by putting a battery-operated fan in the car, water and food....she thought just that one time, she could pull it off (not miss work and take her babies back home at end of work day). Lesson for employers/government agencies: Make it easier for parents to work and have affordable or free childcare on worksite or some where. Lesson for families/friends: Try to help ones who are trying so hard to take care of the homefront. Being a single, black mother is not easy. Don't judge this woman, rather pray for her. She is not the average abusive type. She even bathe her children after she got them home. I suppose this was her way of performing what she knew would be her last motherly act. People are judging the fact that she went to get something to eat after their deaths. She was not herself after she discovered her babies dead. I am sure she lost it. She will be living hell for a long time just for trying to "survive"in a world of "What in the hell should I do". How many of you (parents) have taken a chance at leaving your child some where questionable, left the room for a moment, mistakenly gave him/her wrong medicine or too much of it, etc., but just was blessed not for anything to happen. Don't judge. We all are one mistake away for being in trouble or making a bad decision.
wickedwitch

Marion, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

always blame someone else....why shouldn't the mother be held accountable? i've had my back against the wall too, and guess what? my kids got top priority, even if it meant calling in sick b/c i didn't have a sitter. she deserves compassion b/c she bathed them after they were dead????????? come on!!!!
Compassionate wrote:
I really don't believe this mother should get the maximum penalty. A parent who abuses their children should be sent to prison for life. This mother was trying to make a living as best she could but this day, her back was against the wall. She was praised by family and friends about how she was a good mother. The economy has people doing the unthinkable...just to survive. She apparently had good intentions by putting a battery-operated fan in the car, water and food....she thought just that one time, she could pull it off (not miss work and take her babies back home at end of work day). Lesson for employers/government agencies: Make it easier for parents to work and have affordable or free childcare on worksite or some where. Lesson for families/friends: Try to help ones who are trying so hard to take care of the homefront. Being a single, black mother is not easy. Don't judge this woman, rather pray for her. She is not the average abusive type. She even bathe her children after she got them home. I suppose this was her way of performing what she knew would be her last motherly act. People are judging the fact that she went to get something to eat after their deaths. She was not herself after she discovered her babies dead. I am sure she lost it. She will be living hell for a long time just for trying to "survive"in a world of "What in the hell should I do". How many of you (parents) have taken a chance at leaving your child some where questionable, left the room for a moment, mistakenly gave him/her wrong medicine or too much of it, etc., but just was blessed not for anything to happen. Don't judge. We all are one mistake away for being in trouble or making a bad decision.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Compassionate wrote:
I would call bouncing a check, forgetting to pay a speeding ticket or wearing the wrong shoes to work a mistake, not leaving my babies in a car to roast all day. Stop making excuses for this waste of flesh.
A G M

Orangeburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Compassionate wrote:
What penalty should she receive then? Mistakes are like picking up white bread instead of wheat at the grocery story, bad decisions are like eating half a pound cake before dinner and the other half after dinner, but leaving two small children in a hot car is plain ignorant. Where in the hell does this woman work that not one person saw these babies waiting on momma ??

What penalty should she get? How about putting her in a car on a hot day for hours and hours. Pray for her certainly, just don't forget the innocent victims of this woman.
SPIGOTLIPS

Hartsville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

I guess that shows how much value she places on human life. We need to revive "ol' Sparky" for this one and do it at the old CCI site ( for ceremonial and nostalgic purposes, of course!!) in Columbia, though all the buildings are gone (I know! I know! We'll set up a tent and haul in that big 1000 KW genny!).
Application will be done in the fashion of that clip from the "Green Mile" where that nasty prison guard didn't apply the conductive layer of water to the the "mouse man's" head. When the cooking and frting commences, she'll receive an uplifting and informative lesson on true suffering!
Out here!
Ashley

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Compassionate wrote:
And being a single white mother is easier? You are so wrong. I work 2 jobs and go to school. I receive no assitance from the father or the government... My life lesson was that it is hard to have 1 child alone and get by, so that is why I haven't ended up with another child. As for you to say it's the government that is making people do the unthinkable; the government didn't make her have sex and have 2 kids. Also to get your kids out and give them a bath after she got home was just SICK, not a "MOTHERLY ACT." She may not have been a bad person and had good intentions, but she used really bad judgement that day and I know she was inside a cool place with air. She should not get out off of this and be allowed to be free because more than likely would be popping out a few more babies that she would not be able to take care of.
Caring Citizen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Compassionate wrote:
There is no compassion when it comes to stupid things like this. This woman could have made other choices. I raised 5 kids by myself for 12 years and if it meant taking off of work, then that is what I did. I didn't depend on anyone else to take care of my responsibilities. You don't have children if you can't afford to take care of them and protect them. I was married and in a bad situation and took my children out of that situation. I am not going to say it was easy striking out on my own with 5 kids, but I did and I survived with no help from their dad. I worked two jobs to get by. Killing your children or putting them in harms way isn't any excuse for tough times. I am sorry, but this is how I feel. There are too many places these days where you can get help.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Society didn't place her in this position,the life choices that she made up to that point in time put her in the position that she was in.If she didn't have an education,she had no business having babies that she couldn't afford to take care of.Ignorance is not an excuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Berkeley County was issued at July 28 at 3:25PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanahan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanahan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••