Investors in Charleston region's olde...

Investors in Charleston region's oldest, biggest bank approve sale to SCBT

There are 1 comment on the Post and Courier story from Jul 27, 2013, titled Investors in Charleston region's oldest, biggest bank approve sale to SCBT. In it, Post and Courier reports that:

For the first time in nearly 80 years, First Federal Bank opened for business Friday morning under a different owner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post and Courier.

S Viger

Orléans, France

#1 Jul 27, 2013
Finally someone has realized the hidden value in FFCH. The local operators never did. Finally a group with foresight and knowledge will be coming into the marketplace without Lowcountry vision. Even the dividend will be more attractive. Hurts to see a local entity vanish but then again, growing up was no fun either...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some Americans refuse to give up on Confederate... 54 min Friends Project 1
News Truck's 'racist' Confederate flag offends woman... 2 hr 5 reasons I'm Off... 7
Wtcsret 3 hr Wacko wacker 12
News South Carolina massacre 'demonic,' Baptist past... 11 hr Catholic24 3
News SC gay marriage plaintiffs can now seek legal fees 15 hr goonsquad 18
News Sex predator task force ignores judge's ruling (Aug '07) 16 hr Research 13
Whites only. Tell us some colored jokes 20 hr Cement Head 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanahan Mortgages