U.S. and World News - Toddlers Found Dead Under Sink

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

Two young children who had been left in a hot car while their mother was at work were later found dead, their bodies wrapped in trash bags under an apartment sink, authorities said Tuesday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 07

Fernandina Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

Wow. How sad is this? No sitter so she takes the kids to work and leaves them in the car?
Pak31

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

I don't know the full story yet but what do you say to something like this? There is no reason for it, it makes no sense. It makes me appreciate my kids more, my life and everything I have. It's not that hard to be a good person. If she has a mental problem and truly didn't know she did what she did then that is one thing but otherwise there is no excuse.
FURIOUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

This is horrible....it was on the Nancy Grace show last night...someone said the kids were left in the car 15-16 hrs while the mother worked a double shift...then after she got home and put them under the sink....SHE WENT TO ARBY'S.
MOM IN PVB

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

as much as we all hear on the news during these hot months, of children drying in hot cars. this idiot turns around and does the same thing. theres nothing wrong with her, she said she wants to die and ask the police officer to shoot her. she should spend the rest of her life in prison, remembering over,and over again what she did to them babies. i dont care what her circumstances were at the time. your first priority is to your children, and their well being when their that little. its sad and also angers me, that this is still happening.

Fernandina Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

This to me is different than the Georgia Mom. The Georgia Mom apparently forgot to drop her 5 month old at the daycare until she got a call from the person who was supposed to pick up the child.
This Mom, apparently deliberately took her children to work and left them in the car while she worked for two shifts. If she actually went to Arby's after finding her dead kids in the car, I'd say she was mentally ill.
Luci

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

I dont understand how ppl do this to their children. I mean children are priceless. Special gifts blessed from God. If she really did go to Arbys after findin the kids dead she's an idiot. And when I heard that the kids were probably still alive before she put them in the bags, that was just too much for me. I couldnt even sleep last night thinkin about this stuff. Its just sad to see how ppl really treat there kids. Whose job is really that important to where you have to leave your kids in the damn car? CRAZY!
Dare I say

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

I don't think she is crazy, I think she is evil. I think she wanted to be rid of the kids and would have disposed of them if the friend had not found them. I think the rest is just an act to help her get out of going to prison.
Sheila Fizer

Dolton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

I think she deserve the death sentence If I saw her I would try to kill her myself I can't stand to see anyone hurt kid's the dirty B
Adah Rawlings

Dolton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

Some people can't take pressure and they decide to fold especially when they have low self esteem and think no one wants them. If she was really that sick she would have killed herself. Everyone take love a different way, and if she loved them first instinct as a MOTHER she would have immediatly called 911 if not stayed at the scene and held them, she had too much time to think about her next move and it wasn't the right one, I hope she BURN IN HELL
T_Arnold

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

Theres NO excuse for this crap, especially when it keeps happening day after day. What kinda parent puts their children in trash bags and stuffs them under the kitchen sink ??? She should be put in a cell with news paper clippings all around her to remind her of what she has done to those innocent children for the rest of her life.

Fernandina Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2007

T_Arnold wrote:
Theres NO excuse for this crap, especially when it keeps happening day after day. What kinda parent puts their children in trash bags and stuffs them under the kitchen sink ??? She should be put in a cell with news paper clippings all around her to remind her of what she has done to those innocent children for the rest of her life.
No she shouldn't. Then we would have to pay to support her. They need to take her, Susan Smith and Andrea Yates out back and shoot them.
lani

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

This is one of the most tragic stories that I have very heard. The video of those little ones dancing almost broke my heart.I can imagine a situation where a person was so wary of losing their means of financial support that they panic and do something stupid, like taking the kids along. And,having suffered shook in my life time, I realize that one might make some very questionable choices when in that state. I can even see her perhaps thinking that she could put the tragidy out of her sight (under the sink) what I can not comprehend is how this woman could possibly think of food at a time like this!
DEBRA G

Palmerton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2007

DIDN'T ANYONE SEE THESE CHILDREN IN THE CAR ? ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND HOW IF SOMEONE SEES TWO YOUNG CHILDREN IN A CAR AND DON'T REPORT IT .FIRST OF ALL, ISIN'T THERE AN AGE LIMIT ON BEING LEFT ALONE IN A VEHICLE? COULD THIS HAVE BEEN PREVENTED? I THINK SO!IF YOU NEED A JOB AND CAN"T AFFORD CHILD CARE THERE ARE RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO YOU. BUT TO BE THIS MOTHER AND CLAIM SHE IS SORRY, WHY TAKE YOUR CHILDREN HOME AND PUT THEM IN A BAG UNDER THE SINK? TO ME SHE CONSIDERED HER CHILDREN TO BE SOME KIND OF TRASH LIKE SHE LEFT THEM TO BE FOUND. SO WHOEVER IS OUT THERE BACKING HER UP, THERE MUST BE SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU. WHY NOT CALL THE POLICE WHEN ARRIVING TO YOUR CAR WHEN YOU FOUND YOUR CHILDREN?THERE IS A GOD ABOVE AND ONLY HE KNOWS WHAT TRULY LIES IN YOUR HEART!

Fernandina Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2007

DEBRA G wrote:
DIDN'T ANYONE SEE THESE CHILDREN IN THE CAR ? ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND HOW IF SOMEONE SEES TWO YOUNG CHILDREN IN A CAR AND DON'T REPORT IT .FIRST OF ALL, ISIN'T THERE AN AGE LIMIT ON BEING LEFT ALONE IN A VEHICLE? COULD THIS HAVE BEEN PREVENTED? I THINK SO!IF YOU NEED A JOB AND CAN"T AFFORD CHILD CARE THERE ARE RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO YOU. BUT TO BE THIS MOTHER AND CLAIM SHE IS SORRY, WHY TAKE YOUR CHILDREN HOME AND PUT THEM IN A BAG UNDER THE SINK? TO ME SHE CONSIDERED HER CHILDREN TO BE SOME KIND OF TRASH LIKE SHE LEFT THEM TO BE FOUND. SO WHOEVER IS OUT THERE BACKING HER UP, THERE MUST BE SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU. WHY NOT CALL THE POLICE WHEN ARRIVING TO YOUR CAR WHEN YOU FOUND YOUR CHILDREN?THERE IS A GOD ABOVE AND ONLY HE KNOWS WHAT TRULY LIES IN YOUR HEART!
The caps are hard to read. So I didn't read all of your post. However, I thought the children might have been in the car, in a parking garage. By the time people were walking by, they were dead and not seen.
FURIOUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

tigertuu wrote:
<quoted text>
The caps are hard to read. So I didn't read all of your post. However, I thought the children might have been in the car, in a parking garage. By the time people were walking by, they were dead and not seen.
From what I heard...the car was parked on the side of the road....not sure though. I really don't see a 4 year old sitting quietly in a car...my 2 year old can unbuckle part of the carseat straps. And given enough time...I'm sure he could work his way out of the other part. And seatbelts...forget that...he figured those out long ago.
concerned

Elgin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2007

tigertuu wrote:
This to me is different than the Georgia Mom. The Georgia Mom apparently forgot to drop her 5 month old at the daycare until she got a call from the person who was supposed to pick up the child.
This Mom, apparently deliberately took her children to work and left them in the car while she worked for two shifts. If she actually went to Arby's after finding her dead kids in the car, I'd say she was mentally ill.
well, i am a mom of three and i can't see how the mother of the five mo. old didn't know her child was still in the car. when you have children, you have a daily routine and there are things that can be forgotten,ie. the diaper bag, but hoe do you forget that your child is still in the car. both cases were cases of negligence. in both cases children were fatally hurt and there's no excuse at all!!!!!!

Fernandina Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

concerned wrote:
<quoted text>well, i am a mom of three and i can't see how the mother of the five mo. old didn't know her child was still in the car. when you have children, you have a daily routine and there are things that can be forgotten,ie. the diaper bag, but hoe do you forget that your child is still in the car. both cases were cases of negligence. in both cases children were fatally hurt and there's no excuse at all!!!!!!
These incidents have increased every year since most infants are placed in the backseat. That is a fact. So here is another fact...people are forgetting their kids in the backseat of their cars! Instead of touting how great you are and how you could never leave your child in the backseat, think of what you can do to help others.

I personally believe the airbags on the passenger side of the car need to be disengaged and the infant placed there. That is what we do with our foster babies. I also call the daycare when someone else drops off the foster baby to make sure it actually got there. I have tried to incorporate that into my routine. Why? Because I am not perfect and apparently there are a lot of others who are also not. Maybe if hubby goes past the daycare, the phone call will save the baby, if he somehow misses it in the front seat.
I say, save the babies!

Fernandina Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

In this particular case, it is said she deliberately left them in the car. No help there.
RedeemedOne

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

First assumptions is that this lady is crazy for what she's done and that there really is no excuse for this madness. BUT, who are we to judge anyone. We don't know what this woman went through day by day. Not to excuse the fact of what she's done, but we're all human and people make mistakes. Some people's mistakes are just worst than the others, but a mistake is a mistake. It'll be more understandable if this individual didn't rehabilitate herself or even try to. These are just random things that happen when people don't have a relationship with Jesus. If not, the enemy (Devil) will use his subtle ways to find a way to get someone to do an evil deed. So instead of everyone looking down and criticizing this woman, we need to all uplift her in prayer, you need to all examine yourselves,including myself, and think about every evil thing that we did whether big or small, because size doesn't matter to God, and repent.
nobody important

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

Oh my goodness!This makes my stomach turn....how in the world can you not know that putting those babies in a hot car for that long wouldnt harm them?Why is it these are happening more and more?I am waiting for someone to invent a car now that has a radar to let you know there is a child still in the car.And what gets me...does she work where nobody could see the kids in the car?And was she parked where it was hiding the kids?So many questions....if I was the cop...I would have shot her and took her out of her nissery...but than again..maybe she should stay alive just so she can live with the guilt for the rest of her life....sad sad sad!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Hanahan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanahan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••