High School ROTC Head Accused of Sex with Student

HANAHAN, S.C. -- The head of a high school ROTC program in Hanahan has been accused of having sex with a 15-year-old student in his office. Full Story
epg

Madison, AL

#128 Dec 4, 2007
What happens when these teachers are found to be not guilty and their lives and careers have been destroyed. In the case of Colonel Payton, who has no record, having been over young women throughout his Airforce career, I would think that if this was or should have happened throughout is elevation to the status of Colonel this could have happened over the years. I don't believe this. I know people who this has happened to and when the truth finally came out there was no way to rebuild their lives to the status before the accusation. Young girls are very vicious especially when their is no discipline. Next scenario, how ironic this is revealed while Colonel Payton is on leave recovering from back surgery just prior to his return to the classroom. Do the school district has someone else they wanted to head the ROTC program and the only means was to tarnish Colonel Payton's impeccable reputation with current students, prior students, and the community.
Parent

North Charleston, SC

#129 Dec 4, 2007
What happens when the teachers are found guilty if they are?? Get a life. Do you not think that the life of this child is ruined as well. I am glad that you know this case personally and can trash both the student and the school board. The truth will set everyone free and/or put them behind bars!!
156489toomuchhap pens

Swansea, SC

#130 Dec 14, 2007
confisus sum wrote:
<quoted text>
The use of youth in the context of your sentence, indicates a plural meaning. If this is indeed the case, then would it not be proper to change is to are? Also, shouldn't English be capitalized?
English does not need to be capitalized...unless it is the beginning of a sentence.
HHS ROTC 2002-2004

Lexington Park, MD

#131 Dec 14, 2007
Look everyone! Col. Payton didnt do this. He is a good man. He would give you the shirt off his back. I was his student for 3 years. Nothing like this ever happened. And for it to happen in his office is a lie. For one, he never has free time. During class changes he was always preparing for the next class and during lunch, he and his wife always ate together. she is a techer at HHS too. Not to mention that he is a Pastor. Anytime any of his students ever needed anything, he was always there for us. This man didnt do this and I will stand by his side the way!!
US Attorney Candidate

Grovetown, GA

#132 Feb 4, 2008
USA

Overland Park, KS

#133 Apr 15, 2008
wondering wrote:
This is sick by all means if it is even true. I have been wondering,are all these stories true or is the student making up lies because they are mad at the teacher? I dont doubt that its true but it seems that the students know if they tell just one person then it will get around and the teacher is out of a job and life really...Seems like home schooling for my two kids is looking better and better.
By all means this is sick if true, however homeschooling your children will not keep evil for knocking at their door. Teach your children to trust you and tell you if anyone, teacher, family member, preacher or what...touches them in the wrong-way. My prayers are with the young people of today.
USA

Overland Park, KS

#134 Apr 15, 2008
One problem that I have with the situation and that is why did he leave himself open for charges like this?
That Guy

Columbia, SC

#135 Apr 15, 2008
i bet he bought her new boobs. or a car. NO! THE HOTTEST NEW CELL PHONE!
nov 2007

United States

#136 Apr 15, 2008
who dragged this out of the vault?
USA

Kansas City, MO

#137 Apr 16, 2008
US Attorney Candidate wrote:
http://chronicle.augusta.com/s tories/121296/mathis.html
Sorry don't get whar the Augusta story has to do with this one...
USA

Kansas City, MO

#138 Apr 16, 2008
USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry don't get what the Augusta story has to do with this one...
Read it again and I guess I am sill missing something,
Teacher Raped

Grovetown, GA

#139 May 9, 2008
Who Knows

Houston, TX

#140 Jan 9, 2009
You can tell alot about a person in there eyes and true speaks loud. Mr. Payton is not guity. Who are you to judge some one with no evidence? This is not a one sided situation she is human too. So we should all pray that this is not true, justice will be served ethier here on earth or in heaven.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#141 Jan 9, 2009
Even though he's been cleared,this will follow him around for the rest of his life.There should be mandatory prison sentences for those who make false accusations.
mrcleanisin

Pawleys Island, SC

#142 Jan 17, 2009
He was more than 3 years older than she making sex a crime, even though she could legally have sex with someone about her age.
Angelo

Gorham, ME

#143 Jan 18, 2009
MissUSC wrote:
If it makes you happier...please feel free to preface my statement with "If this man is guilty." However, I'm just stating some general facts. There are plenty of single women of CONSENTING AGE to go around. I just can't understand why anyone (maybe this man is not one of them, maybe he is) would want to do this. I hope he gets a fair trial just as much as the next person. Innocent until proven guilty. But in MY OPINION (which is what I obviously erroneously thought we were all free to give??) child molestors IN GENERAL are SICK. PERIOD. I'm sorry if you've had a family member who was falsely accused/convicted. But if he/she did it, quite frankly, I hope they get what they deserve!
<quoted text>
well said..thanks
Proud Parent

Ladys Island, SC

#144 Jan 20, 2009
Lonewolf...I find it amazing that you think this man has been cleared. You are right, there are mandatory prison sentences for those that commit crimes and this person will be seeing the inside of a cell for many years when found guilty! You might want to check your information source....even check with the courts...you will then find the correct information.
then_there_was_l ove

Thiensville, WI

#145 Feb 18, 2009
ok. just so all you people know. that some one happens to be my significant other. and i dont give a damn what some other students say..my other half was raped and violated. and that shit aint cool. so before you go talk some shit about how they should just let him go. think about how you would feel if your daughter or son came to you and said my teacher raped me.
To Smart For This

Erin, TN

#146 Apr 3, 2009
Yes this is what you all have always done took a black man and made an example. What about the many white men who have raped and killed young black "GIRLS" and everytime one of these little white girls scream rape you make an example. Since you feel he is a parasite, what does it make her?
Mom of 2 wrote:
He needs to be on medical leave. What NORMAL 53 year old piece of crap would have sex with a 15 year old kid. This is just sick. I'm guessing if you don't want your kids having sex with their teachers, cause obviously teachers can't control their hormones, then you need to homeschool. Our country is in a sad state of affairs. We need to make an example out of just one of these parasites and maybe it would stop the insanity.
Doug from the creek

Goose Creek, SC

#147 Apr 4, 2009
He is getting off to easy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former backup singer declared James Browna s wi... Jan 23 Reese fitherspunk 1
365 Days of Talking with Strangers Jan 23 365Strangers 1
Chillie bears promoted to a oepalate cleansera Jan 22 Spotted Girl 3
Charleston SC Crime Capital of the State Jan 18 Elias21 2
Information on your town Jan 18 Elias21 9
Qatari man, once held as enemy combatant by US,... Jan 18 USA Today 1
Charleston Rent Inflation Beyond Nation Average Jan 18 Facts Do Not Lie 1
Hanahan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web