High School ROTC Head Accused of Sex ...

High School ROTC Head Accused of Sex with Student

There are 127 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Nov 28, 2007, titled High School ROTC Head Accused of Sex with Student. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

HANAHAN, S.C. -- The head of a high school ROTC program in Hanahan has been accused of having sex with a 15-year-old student in his office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

“I hate Fish...”

Since: Aug 07

Columbia, SC

#29 Nov 28, 2007
Dr Grammar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Grammar says "- does not equal a period, use proper grammar please."
This is why the youth that is growing up in this state are receiving such poor test scores. Please correct your children and have them use good grammar and speak proper english.
Thank you,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Dr. Grammar
You really shouldn't complain about other people's grammar without your own post being completely gramatically correct. It would help make your point better.
Swansea ROTC Mom

Camden, SC

#30 Nov 28, 2007
Jack Black wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard of any Anti ROTC people.
Oh there are PLENTY of those anti-ROTC people around. Check google and you will see. My daughter is Battalion Commander and she gave a speech at Freshman Orientation talking about all JROTC has to offer and on the way out, walking down the hall, she was approached by a very aggressive hippie mom who is VERY much anti-ROTC.

Since: Nov 07

Decatur, GA

#31 Nov 28, 2007
Linda wrote:
The sad thing is... this was happening back when I was in high school, no one ever said anything. Teachers hit on a lot of (us) girls back then and it was never pursued as anything. Not coming close to saying it's right, because it is not. Just that this isn't new, just getting reported more because of the new laws.
Where the h e l l did you go to school? My teachers were there to teach us...not rape us. Crimany.
confisus sum

Myrtle Beach, SC

#32 Nov 28, 2007
Dr Grammar wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why the youth that is growing up in this state are receiving such poor test scores. Please correct your children and have them use good grammar and speak proper english.
Thank you,
The use of youth in the context of your sentence, indicates a plural meaning. If this is indeed the case, then would it not be proper to change is to are? Also, shouldn't English be capitalized?
Hadtodoit

Irmo, SC

#35 Nov 28, 2007
Have those of you who are touting the home-schooling route bothered to read many of the other current news articles about the atrocities that are being done to children by their own parents? I’m not trying to insinuate that you would do these things, but to assume this type of event is isolated to schools is asinine. Unfortunately this incident is just the tip of the iceberg. We have to do a better job of protecting all of the children from all of the predators. By the way, Dr. Grammar, you rock!
IGOR

United States

#36 Nov 28, 2007
Dr Grammar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you,
Dr. G if you hang around here very long you're going to be very busy. lmao
Justcheckingstuf fout

Chattanooga, TN

#37 Nov 28, 2007
IGOR wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. G if you hang around here very long you're going to be very busy. lmao
HHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! LMAO x 2
strom Thurmond

Columbia, SC

#39 Nov 28, 2007
Sorry Dude, if she was 15 then what you have here is rape. Consensual? Not a chance. Legally it can not be consensual--it's rape.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Mom of 2

Okatie, SC

#41 Nov 28, 2007
Dr. G, don't you thank it is just a little ridiculous to get on a message board that is of serious nature and your concern is peoples correct grammar. Your attention should be to the fact that a 53 year old was having sex with a 15 year old. Who gives a rats a$$ if you make an error or two in your grammar. Now some of the post I can understand, but, for a period being in the wrong place....come on now. You need to go to every board and clean them up, that will keep you plenty busy.

I really hope I used proper grammar so you don't criticize me....Oh My, that is the least of my worries.

Now as for the topic, as I said before, we need to make an example out of scum like this so maybe it will stop. This is totally disgusting.
Mom of 2

Okatie, SC

#42 Nov 28, 2007
EJF Member wrote:
Former Student Says Hanahan Teacher Is Innocent.
"To hear allegations like this -- that can ruin this man's career, it's unbelievable. It really is,” said Peagler, who considered Payton an older brother and role model.
http://www.live5news.com/news/state/11877386....
Well, I guess if a former student says he is innocent, then by God, they should just ignore the little girl and let him out of jail. PLEASE!!!
Stop The Madness

United States

#43 Nov 28, 2007
I'm assuming it's a male since the sex of the person who said was consensual wasn't mentioned.
Justice

AOL

#44 Nov 28, 2007
confisus sum wrote:
I thought this only happened with white women teachers.
To bad you don't need air to think... assuming you are referring to the countless white molesters that we read about on this board...

Blacks have been arguing all along that crime happens with all races... but you and "some" whites want to think it only happens in the black community. Satisfied?
Justice

AOL

#45 Nov 28, 2007
Lessa wrote:
Nasty! There is no way I would have been attracted to a 50+ year old man when I was 15, for a matter of fact I'm still not(I'm 26). I also see absolutely no attraction in 15 yr olds. If this man did this (and he probably did) he needs to stay in jail.
Money $$$$ talks and bullshyt walks.
Justice

AOL

#46 Nov 28, 2007
IGOR wrote:
GREAT GOOBLY GOO!!!! Where are justice and copperlady?
Here is JUSTICE, can't speak for copperlady... but what's your point?

Read my reply to CONFISUS SUM. Thank you very much!!
Justice

AOL

#47 Nov 28, 2007
Lugoff wrote:
<quoted text>Good question. Justice is probably curled up somewhere with Harry and Copperlady is probably trying to round up bail money for her baby daddy!
Will you or anybody please tell me where, or what is MUSCLE SHOALS, AL.

If I knew, it just might explain this idiots obsession with me. Do you go to bed at night and be counting little JUSTICE'S over your head, do you wake up in the morning and eat JUSTICE cereal, when you make love do you call your spouse JUSTICE?.

I need to know... your obsession is showing what a sick individual you are.
Marine Mom

Winder, GA

#48 Nov 28, 2007
Can this idiot not understand the difference between child and adult. This is a pervert and should be jailed. This is so called man has distroyed the trust between teacher and student-not to metion the parents. We send our children to school to be educated, not raped or exposed to filthy old men. Who the hell can you trust with our children? The answer is NOBODY. These children have enough stress on them in todays society without being molested and taken advantage of. This crap has got to stop. We as parents have got to pull together and get stiffer laws on the books for creeps like this. He knew better...and I think she is no saint either,she knew better or it would not have been such a secret to start with. Where are the morals in our society?
Justice

AOL

#49 Nov 28, 2007
Jack Black wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard of any Anti ROTC people.
Dork De Dork
Justice

AOL

#50 Nov 28, 2007
Jack Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice has no platform here.
Sorry to disappoint you.... Dork De Dork.
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#51 Nov 28, 2007
I don't get it.What are these grown-ups thinking?

“Go GaMeCoCkS!”

Since: Sep 07

USC

#52 Nov 28, 2007
What the **** can a 15 year old CHILD do for an old man?! This disgusts me...Women peak in their 40s...Please, perverts, go play with someone your own AGE!!! The ratio of single women to men is STRONGLY in your favor... AS the tobacco commercials would say 'whudafxup'?!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women's March on Washington DC., IS A JOKE! Fem... 2 hr Rachel EEZ 2
Anthony Wright of the Columbia County Board of ... 2 hr Officer Azariyah 6
News Black History Month: Tim Scott on What His Elec... 3 hr okimar 19
Segars-Andrews Signs Valentine Card During Proc... (Feb '10) Wed Rogue Judges 3
News Trump marks his first month with tweets, turmoil Tue Trump is the man 1
Marie Hicks Inabinett (Sep '12) Feb 19 Psycho Women 96
News Too much self-tanning lotion? Orange gator puzz... Feb 9 Xstain Mullah Decree 2

Hanahan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanahan Mortgages