Two Children Found in Trash Bags in Apartment

Hanahan police say the bodies of two children were found in trash bags in an apartment Monday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Tavia

Pomaria, SC

#323 Aug 4, 2007
Just-because-someone-has-had-p roblems-in-their-life,does-not -mean-that-they-have-mental-pr oblems.if-she-was-such-a-patie nt-she-would-be-left-in-the-me ntal-ward-she-was-evaluated-in ,instead-of-being-in-jail-righ t-now.I-don't-believe-she-had- mental-problems-she-knew-exact ly-what-she-was-doing,so-she's -in-jail-where-she-belongs,No- job,or-person-is-worth-a-child 's-life.
Tavia

Pomaria, SC

#324 Aug 4, 2007
excuse-the-grammar-my-keyboard -is-messed-up.
B Clark

Swansea, SC

#325 Aug 5, 2007
Yall are right. It became our business when she confessed to killing those kids. Remember she said "I killed my kids" to her ex-boyfriend. ANd since her cousin or whatever wants to get on here and defend her, doesn't she realize that Heyward is also making them look bad by saying that noone would herlp her?

Lay the blame where blame is due. Heyward needs to take responsibility for actions. She put herself in this situation-not the father of the children, not society, not the system.

If she was educated enough to obtain a degree in a health science (where biology and anatomy is a requirement so shouldn't she have known how the body reacts in certain situations?), bought a car recently, and was stable enought to put a child up for adoption b/c she felt she couldn't take care of it- then she was mentally aware enought to realize the consequences of leaving her children in a car for 8 hours in those conditions!

I hope they nail her balls to the wall. This "suicide note", acting all crazy when the police show up is nothing but a ploy to not have to take responsibility for what she has done. Thank God she wasn't allowed at the children's funeral. She said her goodbye when she locked them in that car and went into the air conditioned workplace to take care of other's needs instead of her own children.
Lickety Split

United States

#326 Aug 5, 2007
B Clark wrote:
Yall are right. It became our business when she confessed to killing those kids. Remember she said "I killed my kids" to her ex-boyfriend. ANd since her cousin or whatever wants to get on here and defend her, doesn't she realize that Heyward is also making them look bad by saying that noone would herlp her?
Lay the blame where blame is due. Heyward needs to take responsibility for actions. She put herself in this situation-not the father of the children, not society, not the system.
If she was educated enough to obtain a degree in a health science (where biology and anatomy is a requirement so shouldn't she have known how the body reacts in certain situations?), bought a car recently, and was stable enought to put a child up for adoption b/c she felt she couldn't take care of it- then she was mentally aware enought to realize the consequences of leaving her children in a car for 8 hours in those conditions!
I hope they nail her balls to the wall. This "suicide note", acting all crazy when the police show up is nothing but a ploy to not have to take responsibility for what she has done. Thank God she wasn't allowed at the children's funeral. She said her goodbye when she locked them in that car and went into the air conditioned workplace to take care of other's needs instead of her own children.
Excellent post!!! TRUE!!!
735stacey

Little River, SC

#327 Aug 5, 2007
LexUSC wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I totally agree with what you're saying but unless you can prove that the mother is unfit, the courts are going to automatically give her custody. I think what is sad in this case is that this idiot's oldest child was given to the father, the son she killed was taken away from her by DSS but then DSS agreed to give her back custody of him, and she had a baby in Jan 07 that she gave up for adoption that no one even knew about! She has a record a mile long that included domestic abuse and was still allowed to be apart of these children's lives!
My husband has an older child with another woman and this boy stays with his grandmother most of the time b/c his mother would rather go to the clubs instead of be with her children-note she has more than 1 child. We've tried to get custody but b/c she wouldn't put his name on the birth certificate he just gets visitation. Yet, he has to pay child support and only gets visitation every other weekend. We could give this child stability and the foundation he needs but family court wont hear of it!
What the hell is wrong with our system?
It is based on the assumption that all women are good mothers. This is not true! I have a cousin who had no business ever having kids. They are left home alone at night while she hangs out in bars & sleeps with half the county. What a great example to be setting for her preteen kids, don't you think?

MY sister-in-law had had her two older kids removed from her custody but was allowed to take my newborn nephew home with her. I told DSS worker I would hold them personally responsible if anything happened to him. I wanted to take him home with me, but they wouldn't allow it as I am a single mother. My son has had more love, security & stability in his life than most other kids will ever think about!
B Clark

Swansea, SC

#328 Aug 5, 2007
735stacey wrote:
<quoted text>
It is based on the assumption that all women are good mothers. This is not true! I have a cousin who had no business ever having kids. They are left home alone at night while she hangs out in bars & sleeps with half the county. What a great example to be setting for her preteen kids, don't you think?
MY sister-in-law had had her two older kids removed from her custody but was allowed to take my newborn nephew home with her. I told DSS worker I would hold them personally responsible if anything happened to him. I wanted to take him home with me, but they wouldn't allow it as I am a single mother. My son has had more love, security & stability in his life than most other kids will ever think about!
Isn't that so messed up how the system assumes this or that but doesn't ask for proof or character witnesses? That is BS that DSS wouldn't let you take him. Looks like they would take all of them especially a helpless newborn out of her care instead of a couple. I'm like you-my husband and I put our kids before ANYTHING! We don't have a babysitter so we depend on each other and arrange our schedules to where if I have to go to class, he can watch the kids and while he is at work, I watch them. We don't have family here in Gilbert (Thank God ;p). Just the Sunshine House when it doesn't work out!

God Bless you honey! I know you worry but it takes a person with a lot of character and guts to do what you have done especially when you see it will harm someone else. Glad that your son has a great mom!
735stacey

Little River, SC

#329 Aug 5, 2007
B Clark wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that so messed up how the system assumes this or that but doesn't ask for proof or character witnesses? That is BS that DSS wouldn't let you take him. Looks like they would take all of them especially a helpless newborn out of her care instead of a couple. I'm like you-my husband and I put our kids before ANYTHING! We don't have a babysitter so we depend on each other and arrange our schedules to where if I have to go to class, he can watch the kids and while he is at work, I watch them. We don't have family here in Gilbert (Thank God ;p). Just the Sunshine House when it doesn't work out!
God Bless you honey! I know you worry but it takes a person with a lot of character and guts to do what you have done especially when you see it will harm someone else. Glad that your son has a great mom!
Thanks! I try to be a mom that my son will be proud of. He is what matters to me. My little nephew is now 3 1/2 & is doing well. Still with his marginally fit parents, but under watchful eye of DSS and has a guardian ad litem to looks after his interests as well. The biggest difference I think is that his parents know that we would take him away in a heartbeat if we thought it was in his best interest.
sorry

Columbus, OH

#330 Aug 6, 2007
People don't really understand the stress single parents go through, not making up excuses for her but it is hard. She was trying to work and babysitting is a pain by itself my heart goes out to her. She wasn't thinking clearly her intentions were not to kill her kids I do believe that. Her reaction shows that she didn't mean to kill them. Then to put them in trash bags after a bath and dress them she freaked out. She was crying all night which got the neighbors attention. She is really sorry and needs some serious medical help.
Masters in History

United States

#331 Aug 6, 2007
HA! she was sorry for her butt going to jail for life! That's what the tears were all about.
If she wanted to do the honorable thing after what she did, then she should have committed suicide. OOOHHHHH but she cant do that now can she? Although she could slowly roast her kids to death while the howled!

Now the fat walrus will have all of this all behind her in five years or less and will be watching her soap opera's at the communal area while in prison.... while shoving good behavior twinkies into her orfice.

I would prefer that justice, would be rendered if they burned her at the stake!

I leave warm touchy feely stuff to saps and suckers who believe in treating victim and aggressor alike.
B Clark

Leesville, SC

#332 Aug 6, 2007
I'm sure being a single parent is stressful in itself. I know it is at times for me and my husband and there's 2 of us. But this is just a senseless act. That is why so many people are outraged and not showing this woman any sympathy. It would be different if the kids were accidently playing in the car and locked themselves in it. But she left them there. That is why she doesn't get my vote for any sympathy.

It is high time that excuses stop being made for acts of violence against children. If she couldn't handle it, she shouldn't have petitioned DSS to get them back.
Doug from the creek

Charleston, SC

#333 Aug 6, 2007
Man my heart is now crying for this lady who has lost her two kids to a senseless act.

Whoops forgot it was her senseless decision to leave her kids inside the car for eight hours on a hot summer day.

Grade school kids have more sense than that.

Not disagreeing that being a single mother is hard work. But she brought those children into this world and there are thousands of other single parents out there with more kids than she that wouldnt do what she did.

They ought to throw the kids father in with her as well. He should have had some responsibility in this as well.

He could have been watching those kids as she worked, but I hear they are still looking for him.

Evidently he is no better
t culp

United States

#334 Aug 6, 2007
I agree the fathers should start taking the fall in some cases, but in this one there is no telling if she even knew who I the father was, not being a statistic. I myself was a single parent, my baby was born when I was 16 and the father was much older than myself. He didn't want to help so I did what I had to do, finished school, worked and 4 years later I got married and had 2 more childern now at 26, I've come to realize it's not the mistakes we make, it's the mistakes the make us. Life is hard and about choices she choice to take the easy way out, no excusses.
Doug from the creek

Charleston, SC

#336 Aug 7, 2007
I have read where she called the father, and also that they were still trying to find. But either way he isn't really making himself open to being found. That in itself shows he don't care.
Michelle

United States

#337 Aug 10, 2007
first let me say i am so sorry for the kids.I know this women was oh so wrong but I cant help to feel for her. She must have just lost her mind. I cant believe that she did this on purpose. WHERE IS THE FATHER? This women had to work to support these children. Take a moment and imagin not having any help and no money and so fearful youll lose the little income u have that you take ur kids 2 wk my God be with that women. She has to live with this and no jail can be worst then that hell. my prayers are with her
TONYA DICKERSON

Sylacauga, AL

#338 Aug 10, 2007
I AM DEEPLY SADDENED BY THIS. GOD GAVE US BABIES FOR A REASON NOT TO CAUSE HARM. THIS IS TERRIBLE WHO ESPECIALLY A MOTHER WOULD WANT TO KILL THEIR BABIES. THIS JUST BREAKS MY HEART.
Kimberly

Corpus Christi, TX

#339 Aug 20, 2007
This lady is sick. Not sick enough to plead insanity though. She knew what she was doing. Although i am a strong opposer of the death penalty i think when children die in this kind of matter it is exceptional.
Pissed Off mother

Miami, FL

#340 Aug 20, 2007
That womanshould be killed, there is no excuse for her behavior it just a job, you can get another one could get another job but not any more kids stupid lady!!!
Lisa H

Dallas, TX

#341 Aug 21, 2007
I think that this woman, (i don't know if i should even call her that) is mentally ill. Anyone who would put their children in a trash bag and leave them for dead is crazy. I agree with mds(above). Any human who would harm children, period, is not worthy of even being around them, let alone call themselves parents.
dlsmoke

Bear, DE

#342 Sep 5, 2007
it is truly sad what she did to her babies and it hurts so bad i really don't know what to concerning her does she need help or is she just a cold blooded murder?
michelle

United States

#343 Oct 9, 2007
are there any updates on this case. i just hate that we never hear anything once the hype is gone. i think about this case alot and i cant find any updates

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Solicitor candidates focus on court system (Jan '08) 21 hr William Morgan 3
Special Report part 4: The violence at home Tue William Morgan 2
Judge in Episcopal schism trial: It's a civil m... Oct 19 Selecia Jones- JA... 18
Should I let my 12 yr old get her nipples pierced? (Dec '08) Oct 18 Aiswjwshkwjaiqiw 156
Crime in the County Oct 17 William Morgan 1
Candidates Face Off in Gubernatorial Debate Oct 16 rico 1
Lawyers Like Patricia DeTreville (Oct '07) Oct 16 Crooked Lawyers 17
Hanahan Dating
Find my Match

Hanahan Jobs

Hanahan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanahan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanahan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]