Two Children Found in Trash Bags in A...

Two Children Found in Trash Bags in Apartment

There are 300 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jul 31, 2007, titled Two Children Found in Trash Bags in Apartment. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Hanahan police say the bodies of two children were found in trash bags in an apartment Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

Sick of Foolishness

Greenville, SC

#302 Aug 3, 2007
Vanessa in SC wrote:
<quoted text>
My past is none of your business but I will share with you the detailed 'silver spoon in my mouth' life that I have had to date. I was found in a box by a door to door salesman when I was a couple of hours old. I was adopted when I was two months old but unfortunately, my mother (adopted-my REAL mother) died of cancer three days before Thanksgiving when I was in the first grade. My father was left to raise two girls-a six year old and a twelve year old. He was a law professor at USC but made sure that his first priority was myself and my sister. We don't have family in Columbia (most are from NYC area) and when I was sick, he would take me along to lectures (boring!) because he didn't have someone to watch me during the day. So don't speak of things that you have no idea about, such as my life. I have had to work very hard to get where I am in life without the support of a mother or a two parent household. Excuse me if I am white, we too can have hardships growing up-no matter how much money is involved.
Great story Vanessa, now just imagine if noone had taken you in and shared what they had with you because you certainly would not have had it with your natural parents apparently. What if your natural parents have kept you? You probably would not even have a computer to hide behind and spew your pompousness. All Im saying is show some empathy towards others, not excuse the mom for what she did.

“Welcome To The South”

Since: Feb 07

Columbia, SC

#303 Aug 3, 2007
christie wrote:
<quoted text>
then why not kill yourself now? call it "late term abortion"...
Is that the best thing that I can do to get away from trash like you?

“Welcome To The South”

Columbia, SC

#304 Aug 3, 2007
christie wrote:
<quoted text>
to both of you, keep your legs closed and you wont have to worry about getting pregnant and murdering your innocent unborn baby...
Um, did I say that I was in such a predicament? No, I am not.

“Welcome To The South”

Columbia, SC

#305 Aug 3, 2007
Sick of Foolishness wrote:
<quoted text> Great story Vanessa, now just imagine if noone had taken you in and shared what they had with you because you certainly would not have had it with your natural parents apparently. What if your natural parents have kept you? You probably would not even have a computer to hide behind and spew your pompousness. All Im saying is show some empathy towards others, not excuse the mom for what she did.
My moral to the story was that not everyone lives a 'silver spoon' existance but still make it with hard work and perseverance. Single parents can raise multiple children who are happy, healthy, and wonderful members of society. Obviously, you don't read all of my posts-just the few that fit your agenda.
Sick of Foolishness

Greenville, SC

#306 Aug 3, 2007
christie wrote:
<quoted text>
then why not kill yourself now? call it "late term abortion"...
LOL!!
christie

Irmo, SC

#307 Aug 3, 2007
Vanessa in SC wrote:
<quoted text>
me? trash? im not the one who thinks its ok to murder unborn babies and then say its a choice. you also have the choice to be stupid. grow up...
Mike

Frisco, TX

#308 Aug 3, 2007
This is a tragedy. The crime here is that we have become a society that ignores the plight of less fortunate friends and associates and even family, ignoring their plight and leaving them no where to turn. Someone near this woman KNEW she was in need yet chose to ignore her plight before this tragedy occurred. This woman should have known but did not know the danger that she placed her children in. Some are not blessed with the intelligence, money, or friends to give them strength and guidance but nevertheless struggle to do their best as this poor woman did--she obviously loved her children, she obviously made a serious and deadly mistake, but she needs help and our prayers, not to be caged in a jail like an animal. God forgive her. Those of you who cast the first stone to condemn her may you burn in hell.
735stacey

Little River, SC

#309 Aug 3, 2007
Vanessa in SC wrote:
<quoted text>
she's probably barefoot & pregnant. don't try to argue with her. Remember, it's hard to tell who the fool is when you do
735stacey

Little River, SC

#310 Aug 3, 2007
JGSmith wrote:
Wow, there is a lot to read on this board and a lot of varying opinions. I believe we can all agree this is an appalling tragedy of enormous proportions. My story is this, I was raised by a single mother. My father was killed in an accident when I was very young. When he died we lost everything and my mom had to go back to work full-time. We had nothing, I mean nothing. Even with my mother working two jobs there was never enough money for my brother and me. We lived in a two room apartment. My mother did not eat many days so she could feed us kids. My mother found ways to work and care for us. If she had no one to care for us she stayed home from work, she even lost jobs because of it. There were times with very little food or no electricity. My mother used to take home her co-workers left-overs from their lunches when things got really bad. But my mother found ways to feed us and care for us and one thing we always knew is how much she loved us. She taught us the importance of faith, family, honesty, education and hard work. She prayed with us every night. She worked so hard so we could find a way to get to college. It was not an easy childhood, but I consider it a blessed one. Today both my brother and I are working professionals with college educations and my mother now in her 90ís lives with me and my kids. We were looked down upon so often as kids, because of our clothes, our race, our poverty stricken family. However, I know that if was not for the struggles of my past, I would not appreciate what I have today as much.
And your mom is one to be held up as an example to all others. God blessed you with a woman like her. I am so glad that you return that blessing by caring for her. Give her a kiss for me. I hope my son speaks of me with half as much admiration.

“Welcome To The South”

Columbia, SC

#311 Aug 4, 2007
735stacey wrote:
<quoted text>
she's probably barefoot & pregnant. don't try to argue with her. Remember, it's hard to tell who the fool is when you do
Thanks for the reminder, sometimes these ignorant people get under my skin and I need to not reply.:)
Big Bad John 47

Newark, OH

#312 Aug 4, 2007
JGSmith wrote:
Wow, there is a lot to read on this board and a lot of varying opinions. I believe we can all agree this is an appalling tragedy of enormous proportions. My story is this, I was raised by a single mother. My father was killed in an accident when I was very young. When he died we lost everything and my mom had to go back to work full-time. We had nothing, I mean nothing. Even with my mother working two jobs there was never enough money for my brother and me. We lived in a two room apartment. My mother did not eat many days so she could feed us kids. My mother found ways to work and care for us. If she had no one to care for us she stayed home from work, she even lost jobs because of it. There were times with very little food or no electricity. My mother used to take home her co-workers left-overs from their lunches when things got really bad. But my mother found ways to feed us and care for us and one thing we always knew is how much she loved us. She taught us the importance of faith, family, honesty, education and hard work. She prayed with us every night. She worked so hard so we could find a way to get to college. It was not an easy childhood, but I consider it a blessed one. Today both my brother and I are working professionals with college educations and my mother now in her 90ís lives with me and my kids. We were looked down upon so often as kids, because of our clothes, our race, our poverty stricken family. However, I know that if was not for the struggles of my past, I would not appreciate what I have today as much.
Your family's example of survival is a lesson for the ages. It does away with all excuses as to why parents allow bad things to happen to children. I am glad that you and your siblings have not forgotten about mom. There are lessons to be learned of her struggles and triumph if people today would sit at her feet long enough to listen. Oh yes, I am sure the people that looked down upon all of you cannot help but to look up at you all now. God Bless you all and thanks for sharing your family's experiences with all of us.
t culp

United States

#313 Aug 4, 2007
That what separates mothers from woman who should not lay on their azz and have these children. First of all I'm sick of all these so called people talking about she needs evaluation , the only evaluation she need is a broom stick up her ass. That really pisses me off , all because she got pregnant at 15 that does not excuse her lack of parental skills, she just gave a baby up for adoption and her family didn't even know she was expecting. I'm happy that the father of the oldest child decided to take him or her, and this should also be a lesson to a lot of these men who just want to get their wissle wet , look at the womans situation and how she takes care of her other children before you drop your seed, and also stop being so quick to cut off your children just because you don't like the mother , it's not their falt.If you think she ain't s**t then why sleep with her that means you ain" s**t, men look to your children protect your children , don't just write the check follow threw with visitations and if the mother's are impossible to deal with , remember you have rights to use them I promise if childen that are being neglected or abused by their mother "refering to this case " because children can be abused by the father also, if the father just look in their little eyes he would or they if the kids had the same father would have seen it. And just to think that a woman and her family was just murdered in Powder Springs Ga, for leaving a country that tried to circumcize her daughters , not saying the murderes are related to her leaving , but her husband was murded by a group of angry believers of circumcizion, what are the chances that it's not, oh the system of things are closing in.
LexUSC

Swansea, SC

#314 Aug 4, 2007
t culp wrote:
That what separates mothers from woman who should not lay on their azz and have these children. First of all I'm sick of all these so called people talking about she needs evaluation , the only evaluation she need is a broom stick up her ass. That really pisses me off , all because she got pregnant at 15 that does not excuse her lack of parental skills, she just gave a baby up for adoption and her family didn't even know she was expecting. I'm happy that the father of the oldest child decided to take him or her, and this should also be a lesson to a lot of these men who just want to get their wissle wet , look at the womans situation and how she takes care of her other children before you drop your seed, and also stop being so quick to cut off your children just because you don't like the mother , it's not their falt.If you think she ain't s**t then why sleep with her that means you ain" s**t, men look to your children protect your children , don't just write the check follow threw with visitations and if the mother's are impossible to deal with , remember you have rights to use them I promise if childen that are being neglected or abused by their mother "refering to this case " because children can be abused by the father also, if the father just look in their little eyes he would or they if the kids had the same father would have seen it. And just to think that a woman and her family was just murdered in Powder Springs Ga, for leaving a country that tried to circumcize her daughters , not saying the murderes are related to her leaving , but her husband was murded by a group of angry believers of circumcizion, what are the chances that it's not, oh the system of things are closing in.
You know I totally agree with what you're saying but unless you can prove that the mother is unfit, the courts are going to automatically give her custody. I think what is sad in this case is that this idiot's oldest child was given to the father, the son she killed was taken away from her by DSS but then DSS agreed to give her back custody of him, and she had a baby in Jan 07 that she gave up for adoption that no one even knew about! She has a record a mile long that included domestic abuse and was still allowed to be apart of these children's lives!

My husband has an older child with another woman and this boy stays with his grandmother most of the time b/c his mother would rather go to the clubs instead of be with her children-note she has more than 1 child. We've tried to get custody but b/c she wouldn't put his name on the birth certificate he just gets visitation. Yet, he has to pay child support and only gets visitation every other weekend. We could give this child stability and the foundation he needs but family court wont hear of it!

What the hell is wrong with our system?
Big Bad John 47

Newark, OH

#315 Aug 4, 2007
LexUSC wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I totally agree with what you're saying but unless you can prove that the mother is unfit, the courts are going to automatically give her custody. I think what is sad in this case is that this idiot's oldest child was given to the father, the son she killed was taken away from her by DSS but then DSS agreed to give her back custody of him, and she had a baby in Jan 07 that she gave up for adoption that no one even knew about! She has a record a mile long that included domestic abuse and was still allowed to be apart of these children's lives!
My husband has an older child with another woman and this boy stays with his grandmother most of the time b/c his mother would rather go to the clubs instead of be with her children-note she has more than 1 child. We've tried to get custody but b/c she wouldn't put his name on the birth certificate he just gets visitation. Yet, he has to pay child support and only gets visitation every other weekend. We could give this child stability and the foundation he needs but family court wont hear of it!
What the hell is wrong with our system?
The system is unfit which encourages results of what we are seeing now.
Taylor GA

United States

#316 Aug 4, 2007
GOD BLESS wrote:
WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD. I KNOW ENOUGH TO KNOW SOMETHING BAD IS HAPPENING TO US ALL. PLEASE PEOPLE SAY YOUR PRAYS. ATLEAST I KNOW THE KIDS ARE WITH GOD NOW
You here all the time of daycare assistance for single parents. So what is the story here? We do need to pray because the government is not getting it. Quit sending our tax dollars over seas and help our citizen's here. Who knows why she snapped but she did. Now there are two more Angels in heaven. It is a better place because God wants us to learn from this and help one another before it happens again. Where are all the right to life when these single parents need there help.
Doug from the creek

Charleston, SC

#317 Aug 4, 2007
I heard on the news last night they are still trying to find the father.

This has been on National news. Evidently he is as unfit as the mother. This just added to the problem.
B Clark

Swansea, SC

#318 Aug 4, 2007
Big Bad John 47 wrote:
<quoted text>The system is unfit which encourages results of what we are seeing now.
Maybe some good will come out of this and the sensless deaths of these children can serve as a way to make some kind of reformations. I can't believe Sanford is more peed off about this new treasurer than he is about the events like these happening in this mucked up state!
t culp

United States

#319 Aug 4, 2007
I really think the world should be full of married couples like you. I hope that you and your husband will soon recieve custudy your step-child, hell maybe you'll be a better mother than she will ever be. May God bless you and you wonderful family.
columbia woman

Orangeburg, SC

#321 Aug 4, 2007
Samette Cousin wrote:
Well this is our family bussiness and we all knew that she had a mental problem one of her aunts had her son Shawn but she took her aunt back to court to get her son back and she did we bleam the court they should have not give her her son back and they should have take her daughter Trinti from her also do if yall dont know whats going on please keep your comments yo ur dam self
First it is "business" second it is "blame" third it is " they shouldn't have given" and "they should have taken". So even though we don't know her personally she still was wrong and you need to learn correct grammar. They always told me people write or type the way they talk.
t culp

United States

#322 Aug 4, 2007
I agree with you columbia woman, It became Americas business when Mrs. Samette Cousin family member decided to leave her kids in the damn care to go to work for 8 damn hrs. And where in the hell was she, pisses me off always making excusses. And if she had mental problems why in the hell didn't someone see to it that she had the IUD implant or the depo shot to stop producing children, everyone knows that some men take advantage of mentally disabled woman, I've seen it happen. I have a friend whose cousin was mentally challenged, I mean you could'nt tell but when she kept getting pregnant the family took a stand and had her put on birh control, and convinced the family court that she was hazards to the children eventuall the kids was removed from the home,and now she thanks them. Don't get me wrong there is no such thing as perfect parent, I mean those without sin throw the first stone, but come on some crap just don't make sense. Mrs Samette my prayers are with your family. Oh yeah go back to school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Goose Creek Music Thread (Dec '14) 1 hr Wacko Wacker 6
anybody know shannon mcdavid (Mar '13) 19 hr Wacko Wacker 3
News Group Wants Battle Flag Removed From Goose Cree... 21 hr Ecossais 3
News Hillary Clinton: Confederate Flag 'Shouldn't Fl... Mon Herman 186
Wtcsret Sun Wacko Wcker 8
News 9 dead in 'hate crime' shooting at S.C. church Sun Adolph lives 455
Confederate Swastika Jul 25 Ecossais 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanahan Mortgages