March 4 is Target start date - Hawaii News

Hawaii's first Target store openings are two weeks away. The Target stores in Salt Lake and Kapolei are both scheduled to open at 8 a.m. March 4, followed by a grand opening four days later. Full Story
Mufi Lingle

San Diego, CA

#1 Feb 19, 2009
Why is this front page news? It's like the Pope is coming. Endless lines, no parking, people hanging out as if Jesus himself was about to appear. These places sterilize the world, can never duplicate the Mom & Pop store, and add to the monotony of suburbia. Generic feel with aisles of ticky tacky junk and the elimination of everything unique and charming. All these places do is put people out of business and pay low wages.
huh

Pearl City, HI

#2 Feb 19, 2009
Mufi Lingle wrote:
Why is this front page news? It's like the Pope is coming. Endless lines, no parking, people hanging out as if Jesus himself was about to appear. These places sterilize the world, can never duplicate the Mom & Pop store, and add to the monotony of suburbia. Generic feel with aisles of ticky tacky junk and the elimination of everything unique and charming. All these places do is put people out of business and pay low wages.
what on earth are you talking about? are you really proposing 100 inefficient, overpriced, mom and pop stores instead if 2 targets

these folks pay a livable wage and provide good service --- this ain't the plantation days --- and I got news for you --- those days weren't as perfect as you like to tink

Since: Mar 08

Aiea, HI

#3 Feb 19, 2009
Good. We need more verity than the same old run of the mill stuff available to us over here.

Don't lay off the new workers after they tried very hard to set up the stores like these large company's usually do. Keep the workers like you promised and then you will have my vote otherwise I'm not shopping over three.
Mufi Lingle

San Diego, CA

#4 Feb 19, 2009
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
what on earth are you talking about? are you really proposing 100 inefficient, overpriced, mom and pop stores instead if 2 targets
these folks pay a livable wage and provide good service --- this ain't the plantation days --- and I got news for you --- those days weren't as perfect as you like to tink
I see you add brilliant to your weak take. Liveable wage? Yeah, I guess, if you live in section 8 housing with EBT cards and 15 of your lazy relatives in a 2 bedroom 3 storied Oahu housing ghetto. Get real skippy, the vibrancy of any metropolis centers around neighborhoods and small independent businesses. These generic monstrosities add nothing to communities and detract from the quality of living. Saving 89 cents on tampons is not improvement. Honolulu will continue to become a "mainland" city; Honolulu-tucky, Honolulu-sippi, Honolulu-bama. Corn dogs and trailer parks are next Billy-Joe. New York, Chicago, and San Francisco don't tolerate this schlock!
role model

Honolulu, HI

#5 Feb 19, 2009
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Mufi Lingle is probably the same idiots who thinks Longs is locally owned chain.

“Know Your Culture!!!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Feb 19, 2009
Mufi Lingle wrote:
<quoted text>I see you add brilliant to your weak take. Liveable wage? Yeah, I guess, if you live in section 8 housing with EBT cards and 15 of your lazy relatives in a 2 bedroom 3 storied Oahu housing ghetto. Get real skippy, the vibrancy of any metropolis centers around neighborhoods and small independent businesses. These generic monstrosities add nothing to communities and detract from the quality of living. Saving 89 cents on tampons is not improvement. Honolulu will continue to become a "mainland" city; Honolulu-tucky, Honolulu-sippi, Honolulu-bama. Corn dogs and trailer parks are next Billy-Joe. New York, Chicago, and San Francisco don't tolerate this schlock!
Mufi Lingle,
do you own a House? anywhere near Kapolei or salt lake? Do you pay rent? or do you have someone pay your bills?

Cost of living will be much better when you can have these type of stores... Not to mention.. when you own a house near this type of Mall your value goes way up...

I can tell you this... west Oahu needs this type of thing. We need good schools too...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug '14 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness (Mar '14) May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Power outage in the Pukalani area May '14 Shannon Ward 1
Police probing fatal jump (Jul '07) Sep '13 Debbie Texas 14
•••
•••
•••

Hana Jobs

•••
•••
•••