New restaurant evokes namesake's sens...

New restaurant evokes namesake's sensibilities - Hawaii Business

There are 9 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 17, 2009, titled New restaurant evokes namesake's sensibilities - Hawaii Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The new restaurant that will replace Sergio's Italian Restaurant in the old Sam Choy's Diamond Head space at 449 Kapahulu Ave., Suite 201, may bring back some old, comfortable memories.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

kiheilocal

Kihei, HI

#1 Dec 17, 2009
loved the old Ranch House....bring back the fun placemats and big treasure chest with stuff for the kids and of course the house dressing!!!
Steve

Honolulu, HI

#2 Dec 17, 2009
The last thing that location seems fit for is a restaurant called "The Ranch House."

When you think about the original Aina Hina location, the idea of going up to the second floor of an 80's styled building to a glass-paneled space seems very very weird.
racist

San Diego, CA

#3 Dec 17, 2009
Steve wrote:
The last thing that location seems fit for is a restaurant called "The Ranch House."
When you think about the original Aina Hina location, the idea of going up to the second floor of an 80's styled building to a glass-paneled space seems very very weird.
Yep, I give the place less than 6 months. Only ones who even remember "Ranch House" are the old fuddy-duddies. Why would any locals frequent, except maybe the old whites, a place called "Ranch House"? Bet you Rainbows Drive-in close by will give you better food at much lower cost. The worse part of this is that when this place closes, all the conservative whites are going to b....h about how another business closed because Hawaii is anti-business.
kiheilocal

Kihei, HI

#4 Dec 17, 2009
racist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I give the place less than 6 months. Only ones who even remember "Ranch House" are the old fuddy-duddies. Why would any locals frequent, except maybe the old whites, a place called "Ranch House"? Bet you Rainbows Drive-in close by will give you better food at much lower cost. The worse part of this is that when this place closes, all the conservative whites are going to b....h about how another business closed because Hawaii is anti-business.
gee never thought of myself as an old fuddy-duddy, old white, or conservative white...but hey...come to think of it...thats what I am. But then again I love Rainbow Drive-in too.
Just Saying

United States

#5 Dec 17, 2009
racist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Makaha Sons of Niihau and Country Comfort used to play the old Ranch House all the time to mostly local crowds. The place was a rocking spot at a time when people still went out to see live music. The comment above is silly and uninformed.
i luv batu

Haleiwa, HI

#6 Dec 17, 2009
i remember.......shrimp curry
racist

San Diego, CA

#7 Dec 17, 2009
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
The Makaha Sons of Niihau and Country Comfort used to play the old Ranch House all the time to mostly local crowds. The place was a rocking spot at a time when people still went out to see live music. The comment above is silly and uninformed.
Yep, the place rocked itself into oblivion!
racist

San Diego, CA

#8 Dec 17, 2009
kiheilocal wrote:
<quoted text>
gee never thought of myself as an old fuddy-duddy, old white, or conservative white...but hey...come to think of it...thats what I am. But then again I love Rainbow Drive-in too.
ok, ok, so, like I said, Rainbow still will be around, RH gone in 6 months (how long did Sergio last?)
townie

Honolulu, HI

#9 Dec 18, 2009
It didn't rock into oblivion, Jolly Roger bought out Spencecliff, went belly up, took all of the longtime employee's pensions and bailed.

I think Country Living used to play there too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 14
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Apr '17 Musikologist 6
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... (Mar '17) Mar '17 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fukmi 1
You took down my post? (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fukme 1
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1
having a child for adoption (Mar '15) Mar '15 Anita 1

Hana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hana Mortgages