7 Wonders of Hawaii: Hanauma Bay

7 Wonders of Hawaii: Hanauma Bay

There are 44 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 1, 2008, titled 7 Wonders of Hawaii: Hanauma Bay. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

JAMM AQUINO The well-known volcanic caldera of Hanauma Bay is one of Oahu's most popular visitor destinations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Leewardguy

Honolulu, HI

#44 Apr 10, 2008
Sean wrote:
I was diving for fish in 1966 at Hanauma. The only fish to be had were Kole and nobody wanted to eat them. The bay was fished out as most places around Oahu are. In 1970 I went to the bay and fishing was not allowed and there were tons of fish. Nature can recover if given time. I have been diving all over the South Pacific. Most places are over fished and this is caused by the locals, not the tourists. Keep in mind that tourist don't spear fish they just look at them. Polynesians in general over fish and have little regard as to the negative impact they have by over fishing.
Sean, Hawaii has less Polynesians than Las Vegas has. So don't blame the locals Polynesians for over fishing that was never the case. This island has a diversity of races. All of who love to dive and fish. And if there was only kole in Hanauma bay back in 1966 then I know your not a real fisherman because there was all kinds of fish way back then. You are full of it.
Sean

Republic, WA

#45 Apr 22, 2008
KUKAI!
Robin

Santa Cruz, CA

#46 Apr 25, 2008
This place is awesome!
Rick

Honolulu, HI

#47 Apr 13, 2009
Sean, you sound like you have some pent up anger/resentment towards the people of Hawaii. It's not healthy! I'm sorry for whatever must have happened to you in your past for you to hold these feelings. Maybe you felt like an outsider, maybe you were picked on, idk... But it's not healthy to vent the way you do... good luck in the future my braddah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Apr 15 Musikologist 6
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... Mar '17 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia Jan '17 Fukmi 1
You took down my post? Jan '17 Fukme 1
News If you Like Haiku Stairs, Speak Up (Sep '14) Dec '16 FreeTheStairs 30
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 13
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1

Hana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance