Hana Deserves Better

Feb 4, 2008 Full story: Haleakala Times

“The HCHC (Hana Health) considers the financial information and business plans to be confidential and not for public review”

An Investigative Report and Opinion by John Blumer-Buell Remember the infamous Hana Village Marketplace? The failed and disgraceful "community economic development project" was never completed and sits as a ... via Haleakala Times

Full Story
Sandra

Maunaloa, HI

#1 Feb 13, 2008
This story took my breath away! Why isn't anyone helping the community of Hana. This is totally a fraud and scam, at the expense of lives and taxpayer dollars. Or, could it be, nothing is being done, because politicians are all in this same scam. Sure would like to see the internal financial report as a serious taxpayer and donor. Where is the money going? I did some research of my own on Hana health and could not believe how much millions of dollars they have received in the name of the Hana community and to not involve the people is wrong. Who is the board, and who represents the community at large? Had there been good leaders on the Hana Health board, they would not have allowed this to happen. The board either needs to be educated, or they don't even care, and only want the luxury of power and control. How disappointing for a beautiful community such as Hana. Keep doing the right thing Mr. Blumer-buell, justice will one day prevail.
light

Las Cruces, NM

#2 May 6, 2008
I blame Oprah!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you Like Haiku Stairs, Speak Up Sep 25 Its OK to be Normal 17
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug '14 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness (Mar '14) May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Police probing fatal jump (Jul '07) Sep '13 Debbie Texas 14
Hana Dating
Find my Match

Hana Jobs

Hana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hana

Personal Finance