$4 gallon means Maui rates No. 1 in g...

$4 gallon means Maui rates No. 1 in gas report

There are 61 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 11, 2008, titled $4 gallon means Maui rates No. 1 in gas report. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

GARY T. KUBOTA / [email protected] As shown on this gas station sign yesterday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline has jumped to more than $4 a gallon in Wailuku as well as other parts of Maui, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Not surprised

Lanagan, MO

#64 Apr 21, 2008
Unfortunately,(or fortunately depending on your perspective) Hawaii is surrounded by 2000+ miles of ocean and is one of the most isolated places on earth. This means that EVERYTHING is shipped here and so costs more. In addition, Hawaii is one of most heaviest taxed state. The costs of crude oil is the major factor in the cost of gas. However, the fact that people in Hawaii pay 11 cents more in state taxes PER GALLON on average than other states is larger ignored by everyone. Why is this not an issue?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Apr 15 Musikologist 6
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... Mar '17 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia Jan '17 Fukmi 1
You took down my post? Jan '17 Fukme 1
News If you Like Haiku Stairs, Speak Up (Sep '14) Dec '16 FreeTheStairs 30
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 13
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1

Hana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance