Letters to the Editor - Editorials

Letters to the Editor - Editorials

There are 5 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 14, 2009, titled Letters to the Editor - Editorials. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

I'm saddened to hear of the passing of Corky Trinidad! I conversed with him via e-mail in the mid-1990s concerning my stab at cartooning in "Smokey's CATtoons." I have admired his work for many, many years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

mele

Bronx, NY

#1 Feb 14, 2009
Jovita, thx for your editorial about your friend Corky. I have been looking at Corky's cartoons for as long as I can remember and am sad he can no longer be with us all in person. Your descriptive words brought tears to my heart as I continue to learn about the great Corky Trinidad.

aloha, m
herb

Wailuku, HI

#2 Feb 14, 2009
I looke at Corkys cartoon before I read the morning headlines and I got the idea. That's how good he was.
herb

Wailuku, HI

#3 Feb 14, 2009
I looke at Corky's cartoon before I read the morning headlines and I got the idea. That's how good he was.
ALBert LARRY bird

Honolulu, HI

#4 Feb 14, 2009
ok i seen corky sometime long time ago and i dont want to cry an it is so sad right now you hear me ok

aloha kuhio by me
Kalawow

Ewa Beach, HI

#13 Feb 14, 2009
I still wonder about how bitter Corky was about conservatives. His cartoons of them made them almost unrecognizable. Surely a symptom of his hatred of those not espousing his "progressive" opinions.

For a political cartoon to be effective, it must be based in reality. His often failed that quality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... Mar 19 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia Jan '17 Fukmi 1
You took down my post? Jan '17 Fukme 1
News If you Like Haiku Stairs, Speak Up (Sep '14) Dec '16 FreeTheStairs 30
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 13
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Jul '16 Musikologist 5
News Hula competitors avoid iconic flower because of... (Mar '16) Mar '16 DILF 10

Hana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hana Mortgages