I remember in Newport News
rushfan

Hampton, VA

#2413 May 19, 2012
i do rember the plane crash in buckroe but i rember it was a C-130, not two A-7 intruders go figure.

Since: May 12

Upper Marlboro, MD

#2414 May 25, 2012
Wow just found this forum. Brings back awesome memories. Anyone remember Mr. Briggs store up in denbigh? I really miss Betty Paige Shop and La Vogue.
dew

Hampton, VA

#2415 Jun 18, 2012
How about The Blue Hawaii? It was in the Coliseum Mall. That was the coolest place, all blue and dark. We always got the pu pu platter. It had a little blue flame you could cook your meat kabobs. I went on my first date to that place!
Old Wrestler

Upperville, VA

#2416 Jun 20, 2012
dew wrote:
How about The Blue Hawaii? It was in the Coliseum Mall. That was the coolest place, all blue and dark. We always got the pu pu platter. It had a little blue flame you could cook your meat kabobs. I went on my first date to that place!
Took my girlfriend there for her Senior Prom dinner. Yep, got the pu pu platter & teriyaki steak. Fun place for a special dinner.
Ivyfarmer

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2417 Jun 23, 2012
I just found this, way cool! Anyone remember the Mehaffeys at NNHS, Mark especially into football,ect? 2 brothers went to Warwick, after the "SONS" debacale. You Warwick guys out there ever, remember Mike Dixon? I was first year At MHS, thought we were it, getting to pick the schools name,ect. Wasnt there a store Plant City maybe at corner of Jefferson and Harpersville? I always think about the first time driving over James River Bridge, thought for sure we'd end up in the James. Still have pics and autographs from staking out Patrick Henry Airport after all the local concerts. Imagine trying that today! Hope to get in touch with Cindy and Old Wrestler, as I do believe we at least knew of each other. Especially at those pickup games at Huntington Park!
Cindy Williams

Williamsburg, VA

#2418 Jun 23, 2012
Not sure if I'm the Cindy you wanted to reach......I get notifications when somebody adds to the site, for some reason.
Ivyfarmer wrote:
I just found this, way cool! Anyone remember the Mehaffeys at NNHS, Mark especially into football,ect? 2 brothers went to Warwick, after the "SONS" debacale. You Warwick guys out there ever, remember Mike Dixon? I was first year At MHS, thought we were it, getting to pick the schools name,ect. Wasnt there a store Plant City maybe at corner of Jefferson and Harpersville? I always think about the first time driving over James River Bridge, thought for sure we'd end up in the James. Still have pics and autographs from staking out Patrick Henry Airport after all the local concerts. Imagine trying that today! Hope to get in touch with Cindy and Old Wrestler, as I do believe we at least knew of each other. Especially at those pickup games at Huntington Park!
turtle

Newport News, VA

#2419 Jun 25, 2012
dhs73 wrote:
Wow just found this forum. Brings back awesome memories. Anyone remember Mr. Briggs store up in denbigh? I really miss Betty Paige Shop and La Vogue.
I rememmber Mr. Briggs The store was at Hoopes Road and Route 60. I used to ride my bike there.
Old Wrestler

Upperville, VA

#2420 Jun 26, 2012
Ivyfarmer wrote:
Ivyfarmer, I remember Mike Dixon. My brother played baseball at Warwick and later, Ferguson. I graduated from Ferguson in 73'. Went to Warwick, but bused to Ferguson in 71'. The pickup football games I remember were at the Mariners Museum near Lakeside. Don't recall playing at Huntington park.
scott

United States

#2421 Jun 29, 2012
anyone remember the blue hawaii
Imo

Holden, MA

#2422 Jul 5, 2012
I am looking for any members of the Dixie Roadducks that played the House restaurant in Ferrum va in the spring of 1978.They took me on the road with them soon after that for about a month doing roadie stuff.I lost touch with everybody a long time ago, I'm feeling a little nostalgic,we used to have some wild times together.I would love to know how they are all doing.I had a beautiful girl friend at Ferrum too,her name was Liz,she was wonderful to me and I broke her heart.She was from W.Springfield Va.,her dad was a Marine, scared the shit out of me when I met him.I have never stopped thinking about her and those crazy 'ducks' all these years.I hope that they are all well.If this info triggers any memories you may have of these people or of Ferrum college,please stay in touch.
Old Wrestler

Upperville, VA

#2423 Jul 6, 2012
Imo wrote:
I am looking for any members of the Dixie Roadducks that played the House restaurant in Ferrum va in the spring of 1978.They took me on the road with them soon after that for about a month doing roadie stuff.I lost touch with everybody a long time ago, I'm feeling a little nostalgic,we used to have some wild times together.I would love to know how they are all doing.I had a beautiful girl friend at Ferrum too,her name was Liz,she was wonderful to me and I broke her heart.She was from W.Springfield Va.,her dad was a Marine, scared the shit out of me when I met him.I have never stopped thinking about her and those crazy 'ducks' all these years.I hope that they are all well.If this info triggers any memories you may have of these people or of Ferrum college,please stay in touch.
Jay Nedry, former drummer of the Roadducks owns and operates a club in Chantilly VA, called Sullys. You might be able to get in touch with him there. Phil MaCormack the former lead singer has been the lead singer for Molly Hatchet for nearly 20 years now. The Senator is living in Florida, still playing in local bands. Bopper still lives in Northern VA. area. Keyboardist Jon Buder lives in Northern Va. There have been a number of other musicians that were in the Ducks over the years,but these are the one's I'm familiar with.

“Click - Click - BOOM!!!”

Since: Jun 08

SmithVegas

#2424 Jul 7, 2012
I remember Newport News, before Jesse Rattley ruined the quaint community of Denbigh, where you once were able to leave your car doors unlocked and let your kids ride their bikes through the neighborhood until the sreet lights came on...seems like a lifetime ago now.
docz

Washington, DC

#2425 Jul 11, 2012
I remember Gil Crippen @ Ferguson teaching Geography, he was the best teacher I had in public school or college. I also remember Mother Mary Passage who ruled school like no other. Running track thru the museum, also band practice thru the Mariners Museum neighborhood @ 7 in the mornings.
Steve FHSi 72 wrote:
I remember the gas station across from Ferguson (the one that became a foosball parlor and thenSubway Station)as a Sinclair. I remember ol' Dino the Dino on the sign up to the mid 60s. At the corner of Shoe Lane was the Shell station. I remember sitting in Mrs. Crippen's algebra class and staring at the rotating Shell sign for the whole 55 minutes -- it was far more interesting than polynomials and quadratic equations. Yeah, I wound up taking Algebra again in summer school.
And yes, Mrs. Crippen was married to Gil Crippen who won a national teacher of the year award teaching Geography at Menchville High. I delivered the Daily Press to them at their apartment in Dutch Village (Logan Place) around 69-70. I think he retired in 1999.
Ivyfarmer

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2426 Aug 4, 2012
docz wrote:
I remember Gil Crippen @ Ferguson teaching Geography, he was the best teacher I had in public school or college. I also remember Mother Mary Passage who ruled school like no other. Running track thru the museum, also band practice thru the Mariners Museum neighborhood @ 7 in the mornings. <quoted text>
Didnt. Mr. Crippen teach the first yr at Menchville? Know him from somewhere, only went to Menchville(1st yr) then Warwick.
Ivyfarmer

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2427 Aug 4, 2012
Didnt Mr Crippen teach at Menchville the 1st yr? I know his name, and only went to Menchville(1st yr.) then Warwick. Miss Hundley, World History, will always stand out as most umm...unique teacher Ive ever had.
Drummer

Newport News, VA

#2428 Aug 6, 2012
waterman wife wrote:
Does anyone remember a teenage band named the Johnstown Flood? 68 -69 time period?
I remember it well....I was co-founder :)
Drummer

Newport News, VA

#2429 Aug 6, 2012
long-long-time ago there was a drummer....
Drummer

Newport News, VA

#2430 Aug 6, 2012
Does anyone remember Evelyn Bryant? Ferguson HS,I think ? Is she still alive ??
Drummer

Newport News, VA

#2431 Aug 6, 2012
watermanswife wrote:
<quoted text>I seems like it was called Bowling lanes and was beside Belo's. Whew! That was a long time ago.
I remember Mac's VERY well.....Dad usta let me go with him every now and then, knew both owners over the years....wow...like I was 11 yrs.old...
Drummer

Newport News, VA

#2432 Aug 6, 2012
I just stumbled across this page by accident....what a trip to hear all of you talk 'bout my hometown....N.N.!! I remember "ALL" these things your talking 'bout ! ESP.'round Harpersville-Saunders Rd.-RT.17 and all ares in between !!! Anybody remember the "party fort" between Robinson Rd. and Bruton Ave.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Grey Ghost 1,395,960
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 60,144
News Top leader of the Bounty Hunter Bloods gets 19 ... (Oct '08) 6 hr Oyg Turnt 49
News state inspections: unecessary repairs, report a... (May '10) 10 hr Sally 48
News Libraries' free books, computers pull in patron... (Mar '09) Jun 27 martin garey 29
News Overton, judge who oversaw Iverson's trial, dies (Jan '08) Jun 27 Pchq 37
34-year-old Demetra Blue (Jan '15) Jun 26 DevinsRealSweethart 4

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages