wildrobb jr

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Any Denbigh elementary school people out there. Wonder what happened to all those teachers out there? I went to 6th grade Dozier in 83,84 old part of Denbigh burned in 86 and is now a early childhood center. Never find anyone talking about this school? Its almost like it got lost in time lol!! Growing up in Warwick Lawns between Campbell Rd and and Denbigh Blvd, I have a good one for ya who remembers when Cambell Rd turned left at Campbell La crossed over the tracks and past a old farm then to Boykins lane to Jefferson Ave.? I remember a very old house that fell in on the right where you turned left on Campbell La. By the time I came along the tracks and interstate closed this area off. Did anyone know who people were in this area? I know that someone name Boykins owned the farm where the interstate is now.

Since: Jul 10

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

King's Department Store. I always get a big laugh out of Sinbad's routine where his mom would put his clothes on lay-a-way. I remember how awful those words were to hear because it meant you wouldn't see those clothes again for MONTHS or possibly even years at five bucks a month.
pepsigal02

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

thanks for the memories wrote:
I can't believe nothing has been mentioned about Stonewall Jackson school....my parents went there when they were children. Now, THAT was a long time ago....
I attended Stone Wall Jackson School..My mother would drop us off early every morning, so we could have the yummy breakfast for 10 cents...I even remember some of my teachers, first Grade, Mrs Partridge....3rd grade Mrs Hollingsworth, 4th grade, Mrs Daniels.....Now, how's that for a memory?:)
pepsigal02

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Can someone please tell me, how to go to where someone has responded to my posting?? when i go to the link, it sends me back to square one.
806 Temple Lane

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

Anybody remember Wilders Go Kart track on Pembroke Ave. in Hampton
Linda Tallinger

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Greg Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Guys it's Greg. Bet you thought I didn't read these post, or could read at all. Well, still playing at Myrtle Beach and thats comming to an end. I am getting ready to retire!!!!! the best days were the old day with Boot Hill and on the road in Tenn. LOVE you all, and remember most of the good times and bad. more good times and good friends! LOL Greg Thompson
Wow Greg Thompson...I used to baby sit for your daughter

Since: Feb 10

Cathedral City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

pepsigal02 wrote:
I went to Stonewall Jackson school back in 1966....and To Briarfield Elementary, in 68-69...does anyone, remember a 3rd grade teacher there,(At Briarfield) by the name of Mrs Powell??? If so, ask her to email me please at Pepsigal02@aol.com...I would also like to contact a teacher who taught 4th grade at Dare Elementary, by the name of Mrs Bowen..back in 69-70...thanks!
Love those names for schools

Cathedral City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

anybody know anything about Aberdeen Rd and Briarfield Rd? I hear its kinda dark over there now
Anonymous

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

I just found this and am blown away, I remember it all also. I grew up in Beacondale right off Jefferson ave. Went to Deer Park Elementary, then Warwick High was bused to Ferguson in '71. How tragic that was being they were rival schools. Graduated in '73 a year early. My father worked in the NN fire dept for 35 years.
Who remembers Side 2 on Warwick? Went to Anchor Drive in and Shoneys. It was a drive in back in the day.
thanks for reminding me of it all
Gone South

Statham, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Jay688888 wrote:
anybody know anything about Aberdeen Rd and Briarfield Rd? I hear its kinda dark over there now
Jack-in-the-Box is definitely gone now (ha, now that was a long time ago). The post office is still there. As of about 2 years ago it looks relatively the same.

Cathedral City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Gone South wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack-in-the-Box is definitely gone now (ha, now that was a long time ago). The post office is still there. As of about 2 years ago it looks relatively the same.
I lived in that area when it was all white, my dad and his 2nd wife still live there, I do remember a big old Westhampton Baptist Church, and Copeland Park, I had some friends on Briatfield Rd and used to ride my bike down to Buckroe, I went to Thorpe Jr, Then on the Hampton High for my last yr before I left and came to California, one last thing anybody know anything about Resurrection Lutheran Church over there on J Clyde Morris?
Old Wrestler

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

JoanneP wrote:
I just found this and am blown away, I remember it all also. I grew up in Beacondale right off Jefferson ave. Went to Deer Park Elementary, then Warwick High was bused to Ferguson in '71. How tragic that was being they were rival schools. Graduated in '73 a year early. My father worked in the NN fire dept for 35 years.
Who remembers Side 2 on Warwick? Went to Anchor Drive in and Shoneys. It was a drive in back in the day.
thanks for reminding me of it all
JoanneP, I didn't live in Beacondale, but my family belonged to the Beaconsdale Pool and I had quite a few friends that lived nearby. I also went to Deer Park, Warwick and bused to Ferguson in'71. Small world!:)
Anonymous

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

Old Wrestler wrote:
<quoted text>
JoanneP, I didn't live in Beacondale, but my family belonged to the Beaconsdale Pool and I had quite a few friends that lived nearby. I also went to Deer Park, Warwick and bused to Ferguson in'71. Small world!:)
My maiden name was Curtis. I was always at the Beacondale Pool. This is very cool. feeling very nostalgic. HA
Ron

Secaucus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

I remember summers on Hilton Pier when there was two platforms and lifeguards. Sledding on the hill at Hilton Elementary. Eating at White's Pharmacy. Saturday mornings at Hilton Theater. The Donut Dinette and the Wigwam.
Anonymous

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Ron wrote:
I remember summers on Hilton Pier when there was two platforms and lifeguards. Sledding on the hill at Hilton Elementary. Eating at White's Pharmacy. Saturday mornings at Hilton Theater. The Donut Dinette and the Wigwam.
I was taught how to swim at Hilton Pier. And the Hilton theatre had summer movies for kids. Bought the tickets at school before it closed. Also remeber going to see Hard Days Night there, line was very long.

Cathedral City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

i remember the boy's club in nn, before girls were allowed
806 Temple Lane

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Jay688888 wrote:
i remember the boy's club in nn, before girls were allowed
My first job was working in the Craft room at the Boy's Club for fifty cents an hour! Of course that was back in 1966 and 1967
Gone South

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Anyone remember the big slide at the traffic circle near Newmarket South (then just Newmarket) Shopping Center?

Anyone know why it closed?
You Are Welcome

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Jay688888 wrote:
I remember the Peninsula when it was safe,clean, people were friendly and there were certain people that "KNEW THEIR PLACE". Sadly those days are gone for the South BUT they are going strong out here In So Cal we still have Segregated Neighborhoods, Private schools or Home Schools, in our city its 6% of color,,,,,,,,, ahhhhhhhhh ain't life grand
You really make me sick. There is no hope for humanity.You are welcome for me fighting for your freedom to be such an a$$hat.

Cathedral City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

You Are Welcome wrote:
<quoted text>
You really make me sick. There is no hope for humanity.You are welcome for me fighting for your freedom to be such an a$$hat.
I fought for MY own freedom there Nitwit, everyplace you people have moved into is NOW Ghetto you don't have any more talent RAP Stinks, I don't want your people in My Neighborhood and so far its been w/o you people and its Paradise we can go anyplace with out looking at your faces Thanks Now go crawl back under your rock

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hampton Discussions

Search the Hampton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Eman 1,082,992
? Moving to Hampton, VA? (Aug '06) 35 min Lol 247
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 45,865
What was Joe Folks catch phrase at the end of h... (Aug '10) 8 hr charles mclane 8
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) Mon Tabb 741
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) Mon Tabb 63
Obama care wont cover eye exam, colonoscopies, ... Mon Tabb 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••