1 killed, 3 injured in Sonic shootout

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

One man was killed and three were injured in a shootout Thursday between men in two cars at a Sonic restaurant in Carrollton.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of231
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wythe cynic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

Another reason to never eat at the slow-service Sonic
Tired of Ghettos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

Diversity strikes again. Families having meals and Tyrone and his buddies decide shooting people would be a good idea. Let's hope all of those involved find themselves at the wrong end of a gun so we can be rid of them. Useless scum wasting the air we breath. The police should be able to shoot them on sight.
TIRED OF IGNORANCE

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

Tired of Ghettos wrote:
Diversity strikes again. Families having meals and Tyrone and his buddies decide shooting people would be a good idea. Let's hope all of those involved find themselves at the wrong end of a gun so we can be rid of them. Useless scum wasting the air we breath. The police should be able to shoot them on sight.
It is people like that make the world what it is. Yes this men were wrong and should be punished serverely. But you know nothing about the circumstances around the incident you just know some people were shooting in a public place. You are the type that believe police voilence is always justified. You seem like a racist bigot. So if you shoot someone in self defense you should be shot right. Save your useless racist unintelliegent comments for yourself. And you are wasting good air that someone else could be using.
God Foresaken Ghetto

Saluda, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

I have lived in the Hampton Roads area for 3 years and have been shocked and appalled since arriving here at the number of shootings in the area that involve young people. It is no wonder though. The public education system in this area leaves a great deal to be desired. Young people never seem to taught that education is the key to success. The typical way of life down here for far too many young people is to pick up a gun and shoot. Wake up VIRGINIA!! Enforce better gun laws and improve your education systems.
See No Evil

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

Ignorance ... good name for you. Does your statement "... you know nothing about the circumstances around the incident you just know some people were shooting in a public place" suggest that a shooting in a public place might have been justified?

My only regret is these four weren't better shots. Then, we could celebrate four thugs permanently off the streets.
Pacman Jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

It wasn't me this time!
Peste

Suffolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

TIRED OF IGNORANCE wrote:
<quoted text>
It is people like that make the world what it is. Yes this men were wrong and should be punished serverely. But you know nothing about the circumstances around the incident you just know some people were shooting in a public place. You are the type that believe police voilence is always justified. You seem like a racist bigot. So if you shoot someone in self defense you should be shot right. Save your useless racist unintelliegent comments for yourself. And you are wasting good air that someone else could be using.
Jesus Christ! I can't believe that anyone would have the audacity to even suggest that a shootout between thugs at a drive in is justified. What could possibly be the excuse for such miscreants to fill the air with lead around kids and people going about their business. You are the kind of people who make the world what it is!
doglover

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Very well said. I have lived here over 50 years and it didn't used to be this way.
God Foresaken Ghetto wrote:
I have lived in the Hampton Roads area for 3 years and have been shocked and appalled since arriving here at the number of shootings in the area that involve young people. It is no wonder though. The public education system in this area leaves a great deal to be desired. Young people never seem to taught that education is the key to success. The typical way of life down here for far too many young people is to pick up a gun and shoot. Wake up VIRGINIA!! Enforce better gun laws and improve your education systems.
Floored

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

Stunned! What makes young people think that the only solution to a problem is pulling out a gun and killing someone. This place is very public. Was any consideration given to the fact that innocent people could have been killed. Grow up. Stop letting your anger control you. Find something constructive to do before you end up in jail for life or in a grave. This is a prime example of not caring about life. There is nothing that should warrent grown men acting like they are living in the days of the wild, wild west.
JC Newport News

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

I guess since they are closing down bars and night clubs in Hampton and Newport News for shootings and such happening outside the places, they probably should close down this Sonic, before other people get hurt,
WELL WELL WELL

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

FINALLY THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT; REALLY ISLE OF WRIGHT? I SEE THE TRAILER TRASHES HAVE GUNS TOO. AT LEAST WE KEEP IT IN OUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD.
cccccccccccccccc ccccccccw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

wow im glad everyone is moveing out of newport news and hampton to be safer in isle of wright. eagle harbor is scary, im sure this will help home sales.
god

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

all of them are thugs.
its too bad there cowards too.
Teacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

With a name like Tyrone, I'm not sure they were trailer trash!!
WELL WELL WELL wrote:
FINALLY THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT; REALLY ISLE OF WRIGHT? I SEE THE TRAILER TRASHES HAVE GUNS TOO. AT LEAST WE KEEP IT IN OUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD.
MJS25

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

Lately Hampton Rds has turned into the "Wild, wild, west." Time to get the heck out of Dodge!

“I HAVE SOME SPLAINING TO DO”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

This is just stupid!! You roll up to the Sonic for a Coney Island Footlong Combo and end up with holes in bodies, human and cars because someone insist on being a thug.

For TIRED OF IGNORANCE, no one mentioned race. There have been no racial comments, and by the grace of God there won't be any. These guys are just plain old thugs.
I live in EH

Smithfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

WELL WELL WELL wrote:
Carrollton is a diverse area despite what you think.
Trailer Trash

Franklin, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

WELL WELL WELL wrote:
Seriously? The trailer trash over here at least know the name of cities and counties within five miles of our houses (it's Isle of WIGHT, named for the English island, not the brothers who mastered fixed-wing flight 300 years AFTER the county was named).

I really hope this doesn't become anything resembling regular at Eagle Harbor or in Carrollton. There's really no excuse, no way for anyone to justify this as anything but stupid. Hampton just had its 5th homicide of the year and according to the Daily Press "crime database," nine homicides in Newport News in the first six months of this year (one of them apparently in the middle of the South Atlantic by some computer glitch). Get these kids in church.
simple as this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

doglover wrote:
Very well said. I have lived here over 50 years and it didn't used to be this way.
<quoted text>
if you compare hampton roads to other cities you will find that gun violence, murder and all of the other ills are minute in comparison. secondly, virginia as a state, is i believe either the best, or the second best in the entire country.
Confed_Vet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Perhaps some LEGALLY armed citizens may have been able to prevent this MURDER and ATTEMPTED MURDER if our gun laws were not so restrictive.

Please remember that the shooters were CRIMINALS who had guns ILLEGALLY.

Illegal guns kill - legal guns protect.

May god bless these young men and thier families.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of231
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Hampton Forum right now

Search the Hampton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min litesong 42,988
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min sonicfilter 1,034,105
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 11 hr Annie 1,350
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) 11 hr Huh 38
Special court rules against families who claim ... (Feb '09) Thu 100 percent frienduh 127
I served a 20 yr sentence for in Angola Wed RW Anom 1
Police Say Woman Arrested After Found Intoxicat... Wed Prissy 5
•••
•••
•••
Hampton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
•••