FDA announces nationwide recall of Hy...

FDA announces nationwide recall of Hydroxycut, used by dieters ...

There are 126 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 1, 2009, titled FDA announces nationwide recall of Hydroxycut, used by dieters .... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Government health officials are announcing the recall of popular weight loss pill Hydroxycut, after reports of liver damage and other health problems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

FUBAR

Poquoson, VA

#119 May 2, 2009
i hate hydroxycut wrote:
i took it like 3 years ago and yea i lost about 10 pounds but i also felt like i was walkin around about to go into cardiac arrest at any moment...i had such bad chest pains and i was only 18...i actually still have heart problems even though i havent taken it in years, everytime i go to the dr. i hate a really irregular heartbeat and they cant figure out why
Anytime you ingest a product that is chemically man made expect some nasty side effect.
Gina Lynn

United States

#120 May 2, 2009
Bob - Wheeling wrote:
Will trade bicpes and washboard abs for a new liver.
Yeah thats really funny a friend of mine died at 30 because he needed a new liver. Guess what he died before he could get one.
WoW

Homestead, FL

#121 May 3, 2009
The people on here ranting about how the FDA is garbage are not basing this opinion on this particular article, just in general. If it is the job of the FDA to protect Americans against consumption of dangerous products, then over the last several years I would say they have FAILED.
We are not all stupid, we're just tired of our own government trying to kill us so they can profit just a little more from drug companies.
Porky Pigs

Glastonbury, CT

#122 May 3, 2009
MarkE wrote:
<quoted text>\
You might want to reconsider calling other people stupid, the fact is by calling itself a "natural supplement" it does not fall under FDA scrutiny. Should that be changed? I couldn't argue that, but as it stands now, it's buyer beware.
I never said anything about the FDA, did I? I was addressing the fact that the labels claiming "all natural ingredients" are misleading because they are in fact not "all natural".

As for calling other people stupid...I was responding to someone else who was calling other people stupid.

Perhaps you should actually understand what you're reading before replying...just a thought.
Porky Pigs

Glastonbury, CT

#123 May 3, 2009
Gina Lynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah thats really funny a friend of mine died at 30 because he needed a new liver. Guess what he died before he could get one.
What does that have to do with this discussion? I understood the sarcasm in that other post and it was quite relevent.
Yolanda

AOL

#124 May 3, 2009
i like oxycotin but i aint never did it but my cousin she say she like it she say its like heron an its easer to get an she say its make her feel relaxed an abilty to copes
WE THE PEOPLE

Portsmouth, VA

#125 May 3, 2009
Royko wrote:
The FDA just solved the unemployment problem for lawyers. The ambulance chasers will be advertising on TV for Hydroxycut lawsuits for the next couple of years.
Yep, Earl "The Hammer" Stanley will be on TV in no Time with his 800 number to skin thease folks alive,and Get what is rightfully yours---AND MINE...
WE THE PEOPLE

Portsmouth, VA

#126 May 3, 2009
Bruce wrote:
Snake Oil. Take a look at cable TV at 3 a.m.- nothing but snake oil.
The one I really like is the one that makes that "certain part of the male anatomy" bigger. Yeh right.
But they enjoy a nice catch-22. Nobody would ever admit it didn't work, would they?
I've seen some of this stuff. Some of these hawkers are so good, they could sell you boxed cow manure, and tell you it would make your hair grow again if you put it on your head.I'm sure the people that produce and make these infomercials ate cleaning up at the banl, and laughing their heads off at the idiots that will be suckers and fall for this stuff. If there's a buck to be made. they'll find a way to make it...
WE THE PEOPLE

Portsmouth, VA

#127 May 3, 2009
Legal Junkie wrote:
No drugs? This is an outrage!I need drugs to solve all of my problems! I need psychotropic drugs, pain killers, appetite suppressors, appetite stimulators, stool hardeners, stool softeners, muscle relaxers, steroids, sleeping pills, energy pills...
I need a pill to have sex, I need a pill to pee, I need a pill to control my gas, I need a pill to breathe, I need a pill to improve muscle mass, I need a pill to keep me from killing myself, I need a pill to avoid the previous pill's possible side effect of suicide....
How in the world can I do anything without a pill?
HEY! a REAL PILL POPPER. your Dr. and the drug companies are the ONLY ones surviving the resession.
Lou

Hoffman Estates, IL

#128 May 3, 2009
Porky Pigs wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything about the FDA, did I? I was addressing the fact that the labels claiming "all natural ingredients" are misleading because they are in fact not "all natural".
As for calling other people stupid...I was responding to someone else who was calling other people stupid.
Perhaps you should actually understand what you're reading before replying...just a thought.
Well, I did mention the FDA, idiot, because other people were posting that the maker of this supplement bought off the FDA when in fact the FDA had nothing to do with allowing this product on the market. And that's what I was responding to. Obviously you can't even understand what room you're sitting in.
Porky Pigs

Glastonbury, CT

#129 May 3, 2009
Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I did mention the FDA, idiot, because other people were posting that the maker of this supplement bought off the FDA when in fact the FDA had nothing to do with allowing this product on the market. And that's what I was responding to. Obviously you can't even understand what room you're sitting in.
This is what you wrote:

"Another well-informed reader. This product is considered "natural", so it doesn't require FDA approval."

And I remarked that the "natural" label (that YOU mentioned) does not really mean natural. The point being that people think it literally means the ingredients are natural. So what about that comment are you too stupid and simpleminded to comprehend?

You're too busy trying to be the big-mouthed, bloviating [email protected] tough-guy that you have no real idea what's being said d-bag.
Porky Pigs

Glastonbury, CT

#130 May 3, 2009
Elk Grove "Village" must be filled with weak-minded inbreds.
Lou

Hoffman Estates, IL

#131 May 3, 2009
Porky Pigs wrote:
Elk Grove "Village" must be filled with weak-minded inbreds.
And Glastonbury, CT must be filled with absent-minded numbskulls because after 5 posts, you still can't comprehend what I said. It concerned FDA APPROVAL, you dumb jackass. Is you head really filled with that much toxic waste??
Porky Pigs

Glastonbury, CT

#132 May 3, 2009
Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
And Glastonbury, CT must be filled with absent-minded numbskulls because after 5 posts, you still can't comprehend what I said. It concerned FDA APPROVAL, you dumb jackass. Is you head really filled with that much toxic waste??
And yet you are too stupid to comprehend that I did not respond to the part about the FDA but about placing the lie "all natural" on labels. It was just about the fallacy of the "all natural" designation...do...you...under ...stand...now...Village...Idi ot?
Lou

Hoffman Estates, IL

#133 May 3, 2009
Porky Pigs wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you are too stupid to comprehend that I did not respond to the part about the FDA but about placing the lie "all natural" on labels. It was just about the fallacy of the "all natural" designation...do...you...under ...stand...now...Village...Idi ot?
And can you understand, after now the SIXTH post, that since the product is considered a "natural dietary supplement" {REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK IS IN IT), IT DOES NOT NEED FDA APPROVAL?????? And I WAS RESPONDING TO BIRDBRAIN NUMBER 1 WHO THOUGHT IT DID NEED FDA APPROVAL????? CAN YOU CRAM THAT THROUGH THE CEMENT SARCOPHAGUS THAT CONSISTS OF YOUR SKULL???
Lou

Hoffman Estates, IL

#134 May 3, 2009
"Pigs" aptly describes who you are, because you certainly are a pig-head.
The Other Side

Boca Raton, FL

#135 May 3, 2009
i hate hydroxycut wrote:
i took it like 3 years ago and yea i lost about 10 pounds but i also felt like i was walkin around about to go into cardiac arrest at any moment...i had such bad chest pains and i was only 18...i actually still have heart problems even though i havent taken it in years, everytime i go to the dr. i hate a really irregular heartbeat and they cant figure out why
Time to go to a different doctor.

Since: Apr 09

South Bend

#136 May 3, 2009
Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than the unnecessary name calling I appreciate you pointing out what I was trying to say.
Benny

Hartford, CT

#138 May 4, 2009
You folks sound like a bunch of grade school kids. I bet you wouldn't be acting this way if you were having this discussion face to face. Grow up.
CT Fisherman

New York, NY

#140 May 4, 2009
Julie West wrote:
I started using Hydroxycut and was getting very dizzy for no reason. I tried sleep but woke up dizzy and under no other medication or alcohol or drugs. I do not drink and have not for 2 years now and quit taking the pills now and the dizziness is gone. I took them for 1 week, I was dizzy alot.
Typical female....dizzy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Aquarius-WY 1,567,196
News Stolen computer e-mails picture to owner (Jan '11) 43 min Martin garey 39
I Remember York County when...... (Jan '08) 11 hr Frank Engel 98
Review: DRS Fantom Works (Jul '13) Tue Mikespeak 117
Review: iLoveKickboxing- Newport News (Aug '16) Tue E_Fulli 56
News Trump tweets frustration with Republicans Tue totallydisgusted 3
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) Jul 24 Me-n-yo-mama 867

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance