FDA announces nationwide recall of Hydroxycut, used by dieters ...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Government health officials are announcing the recall of popular weight loss pill Hydroxycut, after reports of liver damage and other health problems.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of126
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Naperville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

This is a major story.. Hydroxycut is widely used. But is it all versions of the supplement or just specific ones (eg Hydroxycut Hardcore)?
American Pie

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

Who would of guessed that a product that promotes weight loss would be harmful to ones health. Isn't this always the story?

ATTENTION people, natural weight loss through a sensible diet AND excercise is the only healthy alternative! In the gym - push ups....at the food trough - push aways. Simple success.
Smaller portions, healthy choices and and a moderate excercise regimine...you're all set! With no ill effects to your LIVER!
Editor

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

But a guy in medical school who pretends to be a doctor in the commercials recommends it!

“Thank you, come again!”

Since: Dec 07

Chi Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

Editor wrote:
But a guy in medical school who pretends to be a doctor in the commercials recommends it!
The 0.05 pt Font fine print at the bottom of the screen clearly shows that he's not a doctor.
Bob - Wheeling

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

Will trade bicpes and washboard abs for a new liver.
i hate hydroxycut

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

i took it like 3 years ago and yea i lost about 10 pounds but i also felt like i was walkin around about to go into cardiac arrest at any moment...i had such bad chest pains and i was only 18...i actually still have heart problems even though i havent taken it in years, everytime i go to the dr. i hate a really irregular heartbeat and they cant figure out why
lago

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Diws wrote:
This is a major story.. Hydroxycut is widely used. But is it all versions of the supplement or just specific ones (eg Hydroxycut Hardcore)?
My thought exactly
mike

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

i hate hydroxycut wrote:
i took it like 3 years ago and yea i lost about 10 pounds but i also felt like i was walkin around about to go into cardiac arrest at any moment...i had such bad chest pains and i was only 18...i actually still have heart problems even though i havent taken it in years, everytime i go to the dr. i hate a really irregular heartbeat and they cant figure out why
You were 18 and took diet pills? What the heck, exercise and healthy food is the only diet for a young body!
Another smear job

Dyer, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

The FDA is a joke.

If you want your product on the market sooner, you just "fast track" the research by paying the FDA millions more.
Royko

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

It's much more safe for people to eat themselves to death. Doesn't require FDA approval either.

Would the FDA approve cheesecake or blood sausage?
Royko

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

The FDA just solved the unemployment problem for lawyers. The ambulance chasers will be advertising on TV for Hydroxycut lawsuits for the next couple of years.
Andrea

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

i take Stacker 3 - so i should be okay... summer time - gotta be fit... dont want the b/f to sit in strip clubs looking at skinny girls - (and they're only skinny cuz they're all cokeheads...) Maybe if i dieted like them... hmmmmm....
ryan

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

i took hydroxy cut harcore and i have had no problems mabe a faster heart beat and slight dizzyness when geting up fast but i seen no problems with it i still have a boddle that i dont take but to hear this, this is really bad the kid who died took it playing football in 90 degree weather with no water henise boddle says drink a glasses of warter a day but i am going to see a docoter today for my check up but if you have any questions email me at rnb0927@yahoo.com
Brian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Andrea wrote:
i take Stacker 3 - so i should be okay... summer time - gotta be fit... dont want the b/f to sit in strip clubs looking at skinny girls -(and they're only skinny cuz they're all cokeheads...) Maybe if i dieted like them... hmmmmm....
ya, there ya go, try sum crack to, that will make ya skinny !!!. ps. EAT HEALTHY< EXERCISE< THINK HEALTHY
Rex the Dog

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

Editor wrote:
His name is Jon Marshall and he is a radiologist. I don't think he uses it anymore!
the inquirer

Levittown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

"Hey you look all slim and strong...and what a lovely hue of yellow your skin is. It suits you."
the inquirer

Levittown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

ryan wrote:
i took hydroxy cut harcore and i have had no problems mabe a faster heart beat and slight dizzyness when geting up fast but i seen no problems with it i still have a boddle that i dont take but to hear this, this is really bad the kid who died took it playing football in 90 degree weather with no water henise boddle says drink a glasses of warter a day but i am going to see a docoter today for my check up but if you have any questions email me at rnb0927@yahoo.com
Warning: Hydroxycut causes spelling impairment
Ummmm

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

Andrea wrote:
i take Stacker 3 - so i should be okay... summer time - gotta be fit... dont want the b/f to sit in strip clubs looking at skinny girls -(and they're only skinny cuz they're all cokeheads...) Maybe if i dieted like them... hmmmmm....
If you have to worry about that then maybe he isn't worth keeping around.
Too Bad

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Here is a list of supplements that are being recalled.

http://www.hydroxycutinformation.com/
Bruce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

Snake Oil. Take a look at cable TV at 3 a.m.- nothing but snake oil.

The one I really like is the one that makes that "certain part of the male anatomy" bigger. Yeh right.

But they enjoy a nice catch-22. Nobody would ever admit it didn't work, would they?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of126
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Hampton Forum right now

Search the Hampton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Uncle Sam 1,078,133
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) 6 hr Monika Waddell 2,297
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) 8 hr Huh 53
Two Yorktown Teachers Charged in Abuse of Stude... 18 hr Hamptonian 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Hey now 45,761
Suspects identified in deadly double shooting i... Jul 18 WTH 1
Hampton apartment residents facing relocation c... Jul 17 WTH 1
•••
•••