Hispanic immigrants need to fight bac...

Hispanic immigrants need to fight back against anti-Latino bigotry

There are 9602 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jul 23, 2007, titled Hispanic immigrants need to fight back against anti-Latino bigotry. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

H ere is what the National Council of La Raza - the biggest U.S. Hispanic organization - should do at its annual meeting in Miami this week: draw from the experience of blacks and Jewish Americans by launching ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 481
Next Last
jcr

United States

#2 Jul 24, 2007
Illegal immigration "anti-immigrant sentiment is growing in the United States? Why is this happening, could it be because there are so many illegal in this country and the people are tired of it. They wonder why the US Goverment will not close our borders and why have more people have not been put in jail for hireing the Illegal. If we put more of these people in jail then we would not have this problem. They would then go home.
Mike

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jul 24, 2007
I totally agree with the article. We must expose all these bigots.

Since: Jun 07

United States

#6 Jul 24, 2007
Ok America here is an idea. Let's have a national sign up registry. Everyone that backs the idea of people coming across our borders unchecked can be assigned one of those people to live with them. They can support that person and be responsible for their behavior. They can pick up the tab on their medical bills. They can teach them English etc.. Us so called bigots will sit back and watch how many of these fine Americans will step up and take care of this problem. One rule is the people taken in cannot mow your grass or clean your house. They cannot work in your garden or watch your kids. We wouldn't want this to turn into some kind of free labor operation. Pass this on I think this could work. Look at the money our country would save.
Cherry

Boise, ID

#14 Jul 24, 2007
Veteran Fool wrote:
My answer is a lot more stiffer than most, Illegals found in a country should be shot.
Illegals crossing the border without papers should be shot on sight.
Some country's whack off a hand for stealing. I hear no one condemning these countries. I consider illegals to be thieves. I don't think it would take very many of the hands in our cookie jar being whacked off before they would all scram!
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#15 Jul 24, 2007
C W H wrote:
<quoted text>
So Mike if someone breaks into your home. You will not get pissed and defend your property? Who said Americans,(white) obviously that's what the article implies, hates Latinos? I hate those who break the laws that I follow. I hate those who want to defend them. Bigot "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ". So I guess I am a bigot when it comes to the law, group (Americans)and politics. Mike maybe you can takes some of the illigals in and give them a home. That way your monies can go directly to them. We can cut out the middle man (government).
How many Hispanics have broken into your home? And how many illegals have asked you to give them a home? NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA. Yes you are a bigot. Some laws are racist and some laws can and will be changed. If the law said illegals are to be made legal, you would fight the law.

United States

#17 Jul 24, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
Hell yeah Hispanic immigrants need to fight back. As a matter of fact BLACKS AND HISPANICS need to join forces to fight. Its time we put an end to racist white bigots who control just about everythng in the U.S. If in 1000 years they haven't been capable of being humane or fair, its just not going to happen. The minority needs to become the majority and stand up for our rights. Hispanics are well on the way to out numbering whites so no doubt it can be done. Look at the racist idiots on this forum talking about killing people, including women and children on sight just for stepping into the U.S. Black and Brown...we can do this!!!
Please, please, please do that. You think you see white people keeping you down now. It is not that whites keep you down. You are jealous and lazy. You don't have the brain or backbone of a white. That's why you talk all your hate. You may want to rethink your plan.

Mack the Great

Since: May 07

United States

#20 Jul 24, 2007
Candella88 wrote:
<quoted text>
hell no the hispanics can fight on their own.Where were they when blacks were fighting for their rights? probably hiding out like the scared spic like creatures they are
Hahahahaha! That was is true. They act like they are our brothers and sisters when in reality, they really could careless about us blacks. They just wanna use us blacks and the NAACP as a pawn in their game of trying get their civil rights here in America and we are not going to be used by noone anymore. Us blacks have been exploited in a plethora of ways by non blacks long enough and Mexicans are not going to take advantage of us blacks and the NAACP. They need to fight for their own fhucking rights and stop using others to help solve their problems.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#22 Jul 24, 2007
Candella88 wrote:
<quoted text>
hell no the hispanics can fight on their own.Where were they when blacks were fighting for their rights? probably hiding out like the scared spic like creatures they are
For your information they wer fighting along side us. Learn some history. Too bad black people don't stick together like the Hispanics. You sound very IGNORANT to call a spew racist names and racism considering you're in the same boat as the Hispanics.

Toronto, Canada

#23 Jul 24, 2007
Wingnut wrote:
Illegal immigration is the problem. Immigrants, both legal and illegal, do not want to assimilate into American society. Illegal immigrants send significant dollars out of the US economy and should be rooted out and sent home. The USA will soon be a 'third world' country if we continue to let these parasites come in.
Your comment is completely incorrect... immigrants do assimilate into american society as a matter of fact by the second and third generation their native language is completly lost... it is uninformed people like you who perpetuate an anti-immigrant sentiment. Why don't you just come out and say it: you don't like immigrants.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#27 Jul 24, 2007
C W H wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that was an example. There are 300 million Americans. I am sure those good little illigals have broken into somewhere. Not to mention the DUI deaths their drunken asses have caused. Call me a bigot. You are damn right I will fight a law that gives an illigal legal status. You are a damn fool if you don't fight. You are the racist you want everything for your people no matter how much you TAKE from others.
Whaaat? In other forums you guys are claiming its the black people killing, stealing, being lazy, asking for handouts and destoying America. Now you claim its the Hispanics. Make up your mind. Which is it?
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#28 Jul 24, 2007
Mack the Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha! That was is true. They act like they are our brothers and sisters when in reality, they really could careless about us blacks. They just wanna use us blacks and the NAACP as a pawn in their game of trying get their civil rights here in America and we are not going to be used by noone anymore. Us blacks have been exploited in a plethora of ways by non blacks long enough and Mexicans are not going to take advantage of us blacks and the NAACP. They need to fight for their own fhucking rights and stop using others to help solve their problems.
Why the hell would they want the NAACP when it doesn't do an effective job of helping blacks anymore. And they have LULAC. How the hell can black people help them get their civil rights when we still haven't gotten ours yet. Mexicans aren't the ones who have exploited you. WHITES have. Sheeeesh!! I do see how its so easy for them to do it.
Ashley

Aurora, CO

#30 Jul 24, 2007
Wingnut,

You said that illegal and legal immigrants are the problem because they do not want to assimilate into American culture. So why aren't YOUR people assimilating into NATIVE AMERICAN culture? After all, you are of EUROPEAN descent, not a tribesmen of the Native Americans of this land. Not proud of your European ancestry I take it?? Hmmmm.......

C W H,

You say "you are jealous and lazy", then why on earth did your people buy slaves in order to BUILD you new STOLEN country (U.S.A.)? Why couldn't you all take pride in the atrocities you've caused and build the nation yourselves? You say "that's why you talk about hate"....well take a look at yourself, you're no Saint yourself. You are bursting with hatred across this thread out of pure fear of your people numbers decreasing due to your women having abortions at rocketing numbers or simply just not pro-creating. It could be both who knows and who cares. You're the pot calling the kettle black. Hmmmm.........
Ray

Lancaster, PA

#32 Jul 24, 2007
Fix your national issues and stay there.
Paris Native

Paris, TX

#34 Jul 24, 2007
C W H wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. Us guys meant to say both commit the majority of the crimes. Us guys understand when we don't have to go into a full length explaination to you guys.
Ummm...hmmmm. So in you guys opinions, blacks and Hispanics are about the same huh?

Mack the Great

Since: May 07

United States

#35 Jul 24, 2007
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the hell would they want the NAACP when it doesn't do an effective job of helping blacks anymore. And they have LULAC. How the hell can black people help them get their civil rights when we still haven't gotten ours yet. Mexicans aren't the ones who have exploited you. WHITES have. Sheeeesh!! I do see how its so easy for them to do it.
Well even though the NAACP is civil rights organizations that was originally for fighting for the rights of colored people in America even though it actually empowers and benefits us blacks more, Mexicans see it as they only seemingly effective civil rights organizations they can come to to help gain their rights. We still have most our civil rights today, since we fought and worked extra hard for them with all the civil rights speeches, movements, and protests we performed. Mexicans aren't trying their hardest like what us blacks did to fight for their civil rights and they really need to step up their game bigtime if they want to have as much respect and equal rights as us blacks have worked long and hard for. Both Mexicans and Whites have enslaved and exploited us and they are still our enemies and need to be treated as such. Us blacks aren't taking nobodies side in this illegal immigration issue but our own.

“Resistance is futile!”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#37 Jul 24, 2007
Wingnut wrote:
Illegal immigration is the problem. Immigrants, both legal and illegal, do not want to assimilate into American society. Illegal immigrants send significant dollars out of the US economy and should be rooted out and sent home. The USA will soon be a 'third world' country if we continue to let these parasites come in.
I`m all for LEGAL immigration; those folks are following the rules this nation set up for proper entry into this country. The people that need to leave ASAP are all the damn illegals.

“Resistance is futile!”

Location hidden

#39 Jul 24, 2007
C W H wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, please, please do that. You think you see white people keeping you down now. It is not that whites keep you down. You are jealous and lazy. You don't have the brain or backbone of a white. That's why you talk all your hate. You may want to rethink your plan.
You sound just as bad as the idiot you responded to.

“Resistance is futile!”

Location hidden

#40 Jul 24, 2007
Mack the Great wrote:
<quoted text>
The NAACP has already turned it`s back on us black folk and gotten into bed with the illegals and their supporters.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#41 Jul 24, 2007
Mack the Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Well even though the NAACP is civil rights organizations that was originally for fighting for the rights of colored people in America even though it actually empowers and benefits us blacks more, Mexicans see it as they only seemingly effective civil rights organizations they can come to to help gain their rights. We still have most our civil rights today, since we fought and worked extra hard for them with all the civil rights speeches, movements, and protests we performed. Mexicans aren't trying their hardest like what us blacks did to fight for their civil rights and they really need to step up their game bigtime if they want to have as much respect and equal rights as us blacks have worked long and hard for. Both Mexicans and Whites have enslaved and exploited us and they are still our enemies and need to be treated as such. Us blacks aren't taking nobodies side in this illegal immigration issue but our own.
Oh Pleeease. Name just one Mexican president that harmed blacks. Are the Mexican police profiling blacks. How many Mexican teachers treat blacks unequal to whites? How many Mexican judges give blacks longer sentences than whites? How many Mexican senators and lawmakers are there? How many Mexicans kept blacks from voting? I don't recall any sighs on toilets an water fountains saying "Mexicans only" And you're right. The NAACP say they were created for Mexicans too so how could the Mexicans "use" a group that was created for them.

United States

#43 Jul 24, 2007
Ashley wrote:
Wingnut,
You said that illegal and legal immigrants are the problem because they do not want to assimilate into American culture. So why aren't YOUR people assimilating into NATIVE AMERICAN culture? After all, you are of EUROPEAN descent, not a tribesmen of the Native Americans of this land. Not proud of your European ancestry I take it?? Hmmmm.......
C W H,
You say "you are jealous and lazy", then why on earth did your people buy slaves in order to BUILD you new STOLEN country (U.S.A.)? Why couldn't you all take pride in the atrocities you've caused and build the nation yourselves? You say "that's why you talk about hate"....well take a look at yourself, you're no Saint yourself. You are bursting with hatred across this thread out of pure fear of your people numbers decreasing due to your women having abortions at rocketing numbers or simply just not pro-creating. It could be both who knows and who cares. You're the pot calling the kettle black. Hmmmm.........
Hmmmm..... I can't let you get away with your rant. The whites bought blacks from blacks to do mass labor which was needed. There were also indentured servants. They were majority white. They worked for years and then were let go or could stay and work for almost nothing. Stolen? Oh please what an old worn out argument. Men came and made a place to live. The same place you enjoy now. How much money do you spend on the natives that lived here prior to the European arrival? I have never claimed to be a saint. But I will tell you this my friends and myself don't commit crimes like we see in the news. But, by the way I hear people talk one day we won't be sitting back and watching the violence that is accepted by many in this land.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 481
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Henry 1,420,702
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 61,094
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) 20 hr mityqwik 813
News Belmont: The Bronx 's true Little Italy - (Aug '07) Sat I dont know 104
Water Country Robberies! 6-28-08 (Jun '08) Sat Shar 5
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) Aug 22 Shut up 113
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) Aug 19 vadrill 2,347

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages